Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im too of the opinion that Mitchell value is more around pick 10-15.

On talent he is worth pick 6, however with his injury issues thus far in his career, along with his unhappiness in sydney, inability to play 1's and inflatuated contract, i would be upset if carlton traded him for pick 6. I would expect something else to be included in the deal whether that be membrey or a pick in the early 20's.

While Mitchell is a gun, he is also a risk with his injury prone body. Where we could get Durdin/Wright/Lever/Laverde with pick 6.

I know some Carlton supporters are gonna be carrying on that he wants to leave we shouldnt depart with a pick under 20 blah blah. But do sydney supporters agree they have to throw something else in if they want pick 6?

Yo
Re Mitchell.

Roos would love him at Melbourne and have picks 2 (and likely) pick 3.

You guys are going to need all of your Pick 6 (which will become 7)

No way MEL give up 2 or 3 for Mitchell.

We don't need GCS when 7 for Mitchell and SYD 1st will get it done. a 13 spot upgrade in a weak draft is worthy.

*Mod edit: play nice!

To be honest, we don't even know if Mitchell is unhappy......unless you believe Jon "Vickery for Dahlhaus" Ralph

To be honest, we don't even know if Mitchell is unhappy......unless you believe Jon "Vickery for Dahlhaus" Ralph

Would you be happy if your team was playing finals, you were fully fit and in form and still couldn't get a game? Mitchell will be leaving Sydney this trade period.

If Melbourne are willing to let go of pick 2/3 then let them have him. Mitchell is by no means a required player, Sydney have a host of issues that letting go of Mitchell solves. We're going to loss players for unders this draft period, it'd be nice if we could do the same to other clubs.

By letting go of Mitchell and getting pick 6 (plus something else). It would allow Sydney to pick up a Lever/Durdin in the draft, they need to do this to groom a KPD to cover the loss of Grundy & Richards in the next few years.

Plus they cover the loss of Mitchell by picking up Heeney this year and Mills next. The loss of Mitchell does not really harm sydneys depth at all

Yo

You're a muppet, please go away. No way MEL give up 2 or 3 for Mitchell.

We don't need GCS when 7 for Mitchell and SYD 1st will get it done. a 13 spot upgrade in a weak draft is worthy.

Sorry sheepy, syd's first is off the table. They will be using it to take heeney as academy pick.

The arrogance from Sydney supporters when it comes to this trade is disgusting.
Giving up a top 10 pick for a reserve player, however talented he or the players that kept him out are, is ridiculous. His value is closer to end of first round, early second round. Bring on all the excuses, but the facts are there, he's been running in the NEAFL most year, he is on a high salary eats up Sydney's cap space which is in desperate need of a relief and the fact that he has been injured a fair few times.
Don't get me wrong, he is very talented, and very good at what he does. But wake up and be real people.

The arrogance from Sydney supporters when it comes to this trade is disgusting.
Giving up a top 10 pick for a reserve player, however talented he or the players that kept him out are, is ridiculous. His value is closer to end of first round, early second round. Bring on all the excuses, but the facts are there, he's been running in the NEAFL most year, he is on a high salary eats up Sydney's cap space which is in desperate need of a relief and the fact that he has been injured a fair few times.
Don't get me wrong, he is very talented, and very good at what he does. But wake up and be real people.
Maybe you should take over your Clubs recruiting department as its been great of late

Who is the person keeping Mitchell out? Craig Bird? Cunningham? Lloyd?

If you can't see yourself offering up a first rounder for them (which I can't) why would you do it for the bloke who isn't ahead of them in his current side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you should take over your Clubs recruiting department as its been great of late
Our recruiting would be a lot better if we had an extra 9.8% TPP to play with. Your recruiters don't even have to try. They just throw extra money around to get deals done. Let's see how easy it is to attract quality players when your lot have to pay the same TPP as everyone else.

FWIW, anybody that earns more than $150k a year can live quite comfortably in Sydney. The need for a COLA is an absolute fallacy. Thank goodness the Swans' COLA is to be removed in the coming years.

You have a final to play in before we take him off you, so enjoy it.
Now if there is nothing further, **** off.
Don't come on here and insult our team.
My bad went to far but when ya get called arrogant and clueless ill defend myself.

Asking for a pick 6/7 for Mitchell is not out of this world.

Not here to argue

My bad went to far but when ya get called arrogant and clueless ill defend myself.
Asking for a pick 6/7 for Mitchell is not out of this world.

Not here to argue

Usual story...

Sydney would want pick #7 and Carlton won't hand it over.
Let the big boys work it out, if indeed they really want to in the first place.

Agree , let them work it out.

Mckay seems pretty keen on him

McKay says he's keen on him...................and he should be..............just not #7 keen.

Lot's of games being played this time of the year and given the already strong association in Mitchell/Carlton, the focus may be on some deal being done.

Not saying that either side will cave in for what's being reported in the media but every word spoken from here on in, has a purpose.

Our recruiting has been pretty good as of recently actually.

You obviously don't follow football and are one of those Sydney supporters who still cheer when a point is kicked.

I think that Trade Week will become a Mexican stand off between Carlton and Sydney.

Sydney will remain steadfast in their demand for Pick #7, and we will try to come up with any sort of deal where Pick #7 is off the table.

Unfortunately, Sydney have all the bargaining power in this one given that Mitchell is still contracted, and given clubs generally allow players to get to their destination of choice - Sydney will know how valuable Mitchell is and merely won't want to get bent over for the sake of trading.

My guess is that after two weeks of chest beating and huffing and puffing, we will cave and throw Pick #7 on the table for Mitchell + Membrey/Towers, which I think would be a good return as it also helps us gain another highly rated player that can help address a need (Membrey as a solid, lead up forward with beautiful kicking and marking, Towers as a tallish, outside, line breaking speedster).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back