Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To most clubs I'd agree that vickery being younger and a KPP could be seen as more valuable than Walker.

But surely not GWS who are stocked full of better young KPPs and are a club lacking in experienced players.
No club would think that. Walker is a very capable footballer in any position you put him. Vickery is a grade A spud except when playing Carlton.

We're victims of seeing his annual good game.

Mentioned it before, GWS have more talls than they know what to do with. Adding an inferior tall does nothing for them.

Inferior being used all around. I was hesitant to write that, but after posting it and then seeing what you had just posted, confirmed Vickers is indeed inferior

This kids, is why you shouldn't be near a keyboard while having a stroke.

Na he has been a very fair poster. It's good to get other opinions, specifically when trying to gauge the worth of our players as we are all bias towards them.

Hopefully you are starting to open your eyes AV.
Pick 6 is realistic to start with. Andrew Walker added is more than realistic.
Pick 6 plus Gibbs/Yarran or whoever you suggested before is mad and would cripple the club for many years.
I get the hype, but thats how companies go under.

I still like Walker + Garlett for Boyd and 3rd Rounder.

Allows GWS to address needs, (sml fwd with pace and a versatile leader with sound training practices who can back or fwd)

More so that they wouldn't in the slightest need an inferior forward like Vickery with the talent they already have in their forward line

Reece Conca?

I still like Walker + Garlett for Boyd and 3rd Rounder.

Allows GWS to address needs, (sml fwd with pace and a versatile leader with sound training practices who can back or fwd)

No chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyrone's not a bad player. Just seems to have taken the same magic potion that his teammate Jack drank - that turns talented forwards into headcases.

I was puzzled by the Hampson trade. Tyrone is a talented, if wayward, forward-ruck. So why would they need Shaun: a talented, if wayward, ruck-forward? It was obvious Hampson, Vickery and Griffiths couldn't play in the one side.

Tyrone's not a bad player. Just seems to have taken the same magic potion that his teammate Jack drank - that turns talented forwards into headcases.

I was puzzled by the Hampson trade. Tyrone is a talented, if wayward, forward-ruck. So why would they need Shaun: a talented, if wayward, ruck-forward? It was obvious Hampson, Vickery and Griffiths couldn't play in the one side.
hampson is more athelete than footballer

Na he has been a very fair poster. It's good to get other opinions, specifically when trying to gauge the worth of our players as we are all bias towards them.

I think the major problem with rating players on BF is that most seem to think a player is either a superstar or a spud (and nothing in between).

That drives people to defend their players and in doing so over rate them.

Yes Kruzering, you the pillar of reasonable suggestions, I offer my apologies to Jade who I have never seen on Bigfooty [/twilightzone]

Oh don't worry, my hatred for the Blues still burns with the fire of a thousand suns......

Sure - here's a couple (purely hypothetical of course with no actual rumours or suggestion they'd happen).

Assuming the ladder stays as it is:

- Saints could offer pick #1, which alone might tempt the Giants, or with Siposs maybe?
- Dogs could offer up pick 5 and Dahlhaus
- Tigers could offer #7 and Vickery; that'd be interesting
- How about a Hail Mary from Collingwood? They could use a forward, pick 11 and Sidebottom? That'd have to get there attention

Just random musings obviously, but all of the above would be superior deals IMO.

yes but Boyd has to agree. If he says no thankyou but I'll go to Carlton who have offered a quality player plus 6, (plus maybe some other lower order sweetners), they may well feel a duty of care to take it. They may also realise that it's not a bad deal if TB can walk next year.

Clubs don't have the whip hand, the palyers do. If he wants to get to Carlton he will.

yes but Boyd has to agree. If he says no thankyou but I'll go to Carlton who have offered a quality player plus 6, (plus maybe some other lower order sweetners), they may well feel a duty of care to take it. They may also realise that it's not a bad deal if TB can walk next year.

Clubs don't have the whip hand, the palyers do. If he wants to get to Carlton he will.
That's the thing people here seem to keep forgetting - just like the Judd trade, if the player says "I want X club", the nominated team holds all the cards. We paid unders for the best player in the competition and it involved a future star full-forward (Kennedy) and picks 3 and 20.

Tom Boyd is almost a certainty to be an elite full forward but is a second year player next year. I can't see how pick 6 and Walker, a former number 2 pick who was talked about as being an all-Australian in '11 and '12 is outlandish when you compare it to the Judd deal.

Change Walker to Kreuzer and I think it's an even better deal for the GWS, costs us slightly more but again is still fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back