Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Vickery who will give one to Ryder and Bellchambers who have punchable heads.

Titus O said it well. Bloody surprising that Tyrone had the coordination to make contact.

Doubt he could repeat it on demand...

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Yes but make it walker instead. Kruezer will peak 2016 to 2019.
If I had to choose between the two, I would choose Walker too. Just don't think he would get it done. Hope it's the case that we get the trade and keep both. Of course it just means someone else we all love will be wearing that shitty orange and white jumper... :(

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a lesser offer but it addresses GWS needs.

Versatile role model who can play at either end and a little through the middle. Pacy small forward.
Might need further steak knives but if you offer up your first of the bat you have no chance of keeping it.

I feel 6 and 1AW would be enough but maybe we could get it cheaper and pick up a Petraca etc. through the draft.

If we don't want Jeffy (by we I mean club, because I want him) why would GWS want him? They've got their own good small forwards. Not to mention they can go through the midfield too.

Of course it just means someone else we all love will be wearing that shitty orange and white jumper... :(

Don't forget charcoal. Nothing ignites sporting allegiance and passion like charcoal...

Chasing 17

Cancelled
Nov 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Wishful thinking but you'd take Patton (or Boyd) and Mitchell for our first four picks in a heartbeat. That'd be the best result for us too as we wouldn't lose Kreuzer, Cas or Walker ect and possibly upset the boys.

Walker, Jamo, Tuohy
Rowe, Hendo, Doc
Gribbs, Cripps, Bell
Kreuz, Murph, Curnow
Yarran, Cas, Menzel
Daisy, Patton, Everitt
Buckley, Mitchell, Graham, Johnson

Regardless of positions you could build a solid team around that list.

Wishful thinking though...

No1Suspect

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2010
In the shadows
AFL Club
Carlton
Wishful thinking but you'd take Patton (or Boyd) and Mitchell for our first four picks in a heartbeat. That'd be the best result for us too as we wouldn't lose Kreuzer, Cas or Walker ect and possibly upset the boys.

Walker, Jamo, Tuohy
Rowe, Hendo, Doc
Gribbs, Cripps, Bell
Kreuz, Murph, Curnow
Yarran, Cas, Menzel
Daisy, Patton, Everitt
Buckley, Mitchell, Graham, Johnson

Regardless of positions you could build a solid team around that list.

Wishful thinking though...

Cant wait to see Gribbs pull the jumper on!!

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Walks is liked more IMO.
This.

Kreuzer trade just won't happen. GWS have ruckmen now (current output says that Mumford is better than Kreuzer) not to mention a plethora of talls.

If you're going to trade them something, it has to be for something they need. For instance, Garlett (with some confidence) would be streets ahead of their best small forward. Walker playing forward is very much an upgrade on Palmer etc etc.

Had a coffee with Brad Green recently,There is no chance Walks would be traded(highly regarded by all at the club),did mention a couple of possibilities who may seek a trade,not for me to mention names,but some are on this thread.
Brad Green knows thylacine60 wants out?

HereComesJuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
If it is Kruezer + 6, I would want their 2nd round pick (21ish) rather than their 3rd. If not a player like JOR or Greene somehow thrown into the deal.
Kruezer does address a bit of a need for them. Mumford is 28 and may have 2 good years maybe left in him.
If Kruezer got back to his best (which i have no doubt he will), Kruezer and Mumford would form a decent ruck combo.
I recall seeing a rumour in one of these threads... That Sydney were getting Rory Lobb in that 3 way trade. If Lobb goes to Sydney, they definitely would require another ruck.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Nope. Because Kreuz is >>>>> than Warnock. And then we'll be stuck with Warnock. Not to mention Walker is 28 with a seriously bad knee. Trade Tex for the long term gain.
We don't have to keep Warnock either Etsal1 - we can also trade him away now. If we lose Kreuz, we would of course re-stock the rucks.

Getting Tom Boyd doesn't mean 2015 Carlton premiership. There is time to sort the list out.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Just a thought - if we're seriously going to go for Boyd, I reckon we need to try everything this year. If Patton or Cameron end up leaving next year, then GWS will be very unlikely to want to trade Boyd. Although they might not have a choice given Boyd will be uncontracted, but they might just make it harder.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Just a thought - if we're seriously going to go for Boyd, I reckon we need to try everything this year. If Patton or Cameron end up leaving next year, then GWS will be very unlikely to want to trade Boyd. Although they might not have a choice given Boyd will be uncontracted, but they might just make it harder.
I think that's the general consensus. Unless we plan on coming last next season, we need to get it done in October.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
We don't have to keep Warnock either Etsal1 - we can also trade him away now. If we lose Kreuz, we would of course re-stock the rucks.

Getting Tom Boyd doesn't mean 2015 Carlton premiership. There is time to sort the list out.
I get that. But I don't see how keeping Walker over Kreuz is such a desirable preference?

Walker is 28. His knee is pretty bad. Probably reached his peak already.

Kreuz is 24. Hasn't even hit his prime and is our best ruck.

We could play Kreuz as our number 1 ruck which he relishes and Levi as pinch hitter. Even Boyd could do the ruck work in the forward 50 (he's pretty good at it).

Then we trade Warnock. Keep Wood as back up.

We have coverage for Walker.

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
If Walker is trade bait, I would be more inclined to cast him into the Sydney Swans pond and try to catch Tom Mitchell.

Think Walks would want to got there and have a shot at a flag and with Shaw 32 and Malceski 30 and a FA asking for a fat 3 year contract I would say Walker would appeal to them too.

Kreuzer's body is a worry and other teams know that. Cant see any point in shipping him off for unders.

In fact can't see any point in shipping him off at all given that he might come right and improve our team immeasurably.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
I get that. But I don't see how keeping Walker over Kreuz is such a desirable preference?

Walker is 28. His knee is pretty bad. Probably reached his peak already.

Kreuz is 24. Hasn't even hit his prime and is our best ruck.

We could play Kreuz as our number 1 ruck which he relishes and Levi as pinch hitter. Even Boyd could do the ruck work in the forward 50 (he's pretty good at it).

Then we trade Warnock. Keep Wood as back up.

We have coverage for Walker.
I would rather trade Walks than Kreuzer if one of them had to go. I am just of the opinion that offering Walker wouldn't get the deal done. Hoping the club are better negotiators than me!

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I would rather trade Walks than Kreuzer if one of them had to go. I am just of the opinion that offering Walker wouldn't get the deal done. Hoping the club are better negotiators than me!
That's different. I took your win-win comment as you thought losing Kreuz would be felt less than Walker.

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton

I don't agree with this. If Boyd is out of contract and is prepared to tell GWS that its either Carlton or the draft the bargaining power GWS has now is considerably diminished. We also have another year to tweak and assess our list and may be in a better position to offer someone who would suit GWS and not hurt us as much as losing some of the names mentioned here.

As long as our offer was reasonable GWS (and I think it should be) they would have little alternative but to take our best offer or lose him for nothing.

Of course I have no idea whether Boyd would take the risk in the draft or even be as adamant about us as his future club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back