Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to get official thoughts on a potential trade week. The dates I was thinking was the week before the draft, maybe 11th-18th (both Sunday's).

If they did a few rules would have to be in place:

#1 Any carry over player traded must involve a pick in the first three rounds heading back to that team. Obviously we regard carry overs as players who would take over the first three rounds and therefore anything lower would be considered daylight robbery.

#2 Trades must be equal numbers. So for the players/picks heading out, the same number must come back in. Potential trades are:

Player for Player
Player for Pick
Pick + Player for Pick + Player
Player + Player for Pick + Pick
Player + Player for Pick + Player
Pick + Player for Pick + Pick

#3 Trades could be overruled if a majority saw them as completely one sided. Obviously any trades done would come with explanations, but anything ridiculous may be overturned.

#4 Teams that don't want to partake in trade week should say early on so players know not to contact them.

So just seeing the level of interest because obviously if only a few are interested there isn't much point, but just thought I'd put that out there.

I think a trade period won't work unless it is after the draft. You wouldn't think anyone would want to trade a carry over for a draft pick, but I suppose you never know.

I think a trade period won't work unless it is after the draft. You wouldn't think anyone would want to trade a carry over for a draft pick, but I suppose you never know.
That's what I was thinking because after all the carry overs are meant to be better than anyone available in the draft. There are probably about 15-20 available that are worthy carry over players, but certainly not many available.

I'm generally up for a trade period any day of the week. But I don't see how this will work, doing it before the draft, no one will make a deal that downgrades there draft pick (eg. Pick 32 FOR Pick 42). U only have 3 players and u won't be trading for positions because u don't even have a side yet. Generally like trading but can't see this working.

Some people might want to trade, MG MG, because they might see some of the delistees (those available in the draft) being better than any of their carry overs. That said, Im not fussed. I doubt I'd trade unless someone wanted to give me one of their carry overs, plus their end of 2nd round selection for my picks 14 and 15.

Just putting it out there that Tippett is only available for pick #23 and White. That or a 2nd round draft pick. :cool:
Thanks for that Triggy.

Now we'll be taking all your draft picks. Good luck winning with three players ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back