Training Report - 12/02

Remove this Banner Ad

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
All,

I went down to training this morning (which turned into an absolutely beautiful morning) to watch the boys run around.

They started out doing some standard warmup type drills and a full ground kicking drill, and then went straight into match simulation. Below are my notes:

- Obvious most important insight is that Treloar was fully involved in the drills. No running on the sidelines for him!
- As did Aish. I got movement downstairs a little bit when, in the drill before the game, Aish came streaming out of the backline and passed to Treloar on the wing.
- Treloar looked pretty good a couple of times in traffic and in clearances, but his disposal was sloppy. Not a strength of his at the best of times, but certainly needs the ball work.
- Howe jogged laps, Wills and Elliott were doing strides, but that is about it in terms of non-participants. Goldsack did some run throughs as well. Everyone else seemed to train.
- Sier (pronounced like 'Sire') has a beautiful kick on him, and just like in his highlight videos he seems to often get the ball and explode for three or four metres before disposing. Like the look of him.
- De Goey everywhere early. Looked really good through the match simulation, and has developed a lovely kick on him.
- Witts looked switched on, and covered the ground pretty well. Was probably the best big man on the ground. Cox looked okay, and Grundy had a couple of shockers. Witts had the better of Grundy in the hitouts.
- Play was going well until someone's beautiful kelpie streamed onto the ground and wanted to play. Game was stopped for 5 minutes while people tried to catch the dog (including its owner). In the end, the dog only got recaptured when it stopped to take a leak o the goalpost! Best on ground for the day.
- Marsh and Gault had a couple of good duels, and both looked okay.
- There was some tallish, elegant left footer with a lovely loping gait (not sure who it was - didn't have a number on his back so suspect someone from the VFL list). Beautiful kick of the football.
- Langdon very good and showed a lot of courage a number of times backing up with the flight. Looks in good nick.
- Swanny very solid, got a lot of the ball and a couple of nice shots on goal. Looks set for another good year.
- Maynard came of with a corkie, but was back on a little later, so nothing to worry about.

They were probably the main insights - happy to field any other questions.

All,

I went down to training this morning (which turned into an absolutely beautiful morning) to watch the boys run around.

They started out doing some standard warmup type drills and a full ground kicking drill, and then went straight into match simulation. Below are my notes:

- Obvious most important insight is that Treloar was fully involved in the drills. No running on the sidelines for him!
- As did Aish. I got movement downstairs a little bit when, in the drill before the game, Aish came streaming out of the backline and passed to Treloar on the wing.
- Treloar looked pretty good a couple of times in traffic and in clearances, but his disposal was sloppy. Not a strength of his at the best of times, but certainly needs the ball work.
- Howe jogged laps, Wills and Elliott were doing strides, but that is about it in terms of non-participants. Goldsack did some run throughs as well. Everyone else seemed to train.
- Sier (pronounced like 'Sire') has a beautiful kick on him, and just like in his highlight videos he seems to often get the ball and explode for three or four metres before disposing. Like the look of him.
- De Goey everywhere early. Looked really good through the match simulation, and has developed a lovely kick on him.
- Witts looked switched on, and covered the ground pretty well. Was probably the best big man on the ground. Cox looked okay, and Grundy had a couple of shockers. Witts had the better of Grundy in the hitouts.
- Play was going well until someone's beautiful kelpie streamed onto the ground and wanted to play. Game was stopped for 5 minutes while people tried to catch the dog (including its owner). In the end, the dog only got recaptured when it stopped to take a leak o the goalpost! Best on ground for the day.
- There was some tallish, elegant left footer with a lovely loping gait (not sure who it was - didn't have a number on his back so suspect someone from the VFL list). Beautiful kick of the football.
- Langdon very good and showed a lot of courage a number of times backing up with the flight. Looks in good nick.
- Swanny very solid, got a lot of the ball and a couple of nice shots on goal. Looks set for another good year.
- Maynard came of with a corkie, but was back on a little later, so nothing to worry about.

Hope you left room for more movement down stairs later on for Mrs jellybean

All,

Why couldn't Howe just chuck his frisbee and catch the dog?

Clearly off this report Grundy needs to be traded, ey MagpieBat ?
Based on everything I've seen it's looking more and more likely that Witts will be our number 1 ruck come round 1. Grundy might wanna pull his finger out at the intraclub and perform well at the NAB challenge if he wants his throne back.

Fwiw I'm not more in favour of Witts or Grundy, as long as we don't play both at the same time I'm happy

Jelly bean how did players like broomhead, moore and crisp go?

Moore looked okay but didn't really seem to get too much of it. Barely noticed Broomhead except for one passage of play - nothing to write home about. Crisp I didn't notice in the game, but he spent some time in the warm up doing some stride throughs at a pretty impressive pace.

Intra club games and training are always hard to tell who is really going well. Swanny and Pendles just cruise around for instance.

From my own experience I was s**t at it as I found it hard to get motivated against my team mates. I don't thgink you can read a hell of a lot into "form" from these games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intra club games and training are always hard to tell who is really going well. Swanny and Pendles just cruise around for instance.

From my own experience I was s**t at it as I found it hard to get motivated against my team mates. I don't thgink you can read a hell of a lot into "form" from these games.

Definitely a mixed bag in saying that there are also plenty of players with points to prove and wanting to make a mark etc.

intra club you can get a rough idea

After a top secret training regime at the club during the 2015 season

Kel Pie is our secret weapon for 2016

2RuE3Fw.jpg

Treloar looked pretty good a couple of times in traffic and in clearances, but his disposal was sloppy. Not a strength of his at the best of times, but certainly needs the ball work.

Good to Hear Treloar is back in Full Training.

No Surprise his Disposal is bit Sloppy as he be Running all Pre-Season up to now.

Should Improve more Training Sessions he does

Gosh I love pre season training, where superstars can be made and excitement is everywhere.

If Jordan De Goey lives up to his potential we may see him with a Brownlow medal around his neck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back