Training Report - 12/02

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he needs game time in a new team. If he was here for 12 months already, fine, rest him but I'd think he may need a few runs with more for team cohesion and understanding than fitness
If he is at any risk he won't be played, yep you're right that game time is important to put the new structures into place and learn his teammates in a real game but surely personal prep overrides this.

Generally if a player starts participating in full training it means they're good to go in matches. It may be that he's under instruction to only go at 75% if he plays NAB just to be safe, but given the amount of preseason match drills etc he's missed, I'd be surprised if they kept him out of NAB cup, purely on the basis that he needs all the match practice he can get to gel with his new team mates through the midfield.
I'd play him in the intraclub then rest him till nab 3, possibly a 1/2 of nab 2. Match practice is a step up from full training, particularly if you have only just begin full training.
I guess all will be revealed in 2 weeks time.

Moore looked okay but didn't really seem to get too much of it. Barely noticed Broomhead except for one passage of play - nothing to write home about. Crisp I didn't notice in the game, but he spent some time in the warm up doing some stride throughs at a pretty impressive pace.
How did Freeman go?

I heard he pulled up a bit sore after about the first 5 min. Went off. No need to panic though, Balme was overheard saying that if we lighten his load he should be right in about 2-3 weeks
Maybe he should be named "2-3" or given the number 23.

And I'm guessing you won't be happy if he does a groin in nab1?
He has only just got back to joining main training group, it's not about nab1 it's about being ready to go against the swans

He Could do a Groin at Any Time

I think he needs game time in a new team. If he was here for 12 months already, fine, rest him but I'd think he may need a few runs with more for team cohesion and understanding than fitness

Agree. He needs GameTime with his New Teammates and Conhese with his new Teammates.

Agree - IF this was his 2nd Season at the Club. I be more happy for him to miss a Few NAB Challenge games but not his 1st Season

Generally if a player starts participating in full training it means they're good to go in matches. It may be that he's under instruction to only go at 75% if he plays NAB just to be safe, but given the amount of preseason match drills etc he's missed, I'd be surprised if they kept him out of NAB cup, purely on the basis that he needs all the match practice he can get to gel with his new team mates through the midfield.

Yep - Doing Full Training means he is able to Play and More Gametime we get into Treloar the Better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He Could do a Groin at Any Time

Agree. He needs GameTime with his New Teammates and Conhese with his new Teammates.

Agree - IF this was his 2nd Season at the Club. I be more happy for him to miss a Few NAB Challenge games but not his 1st Season
I agree he needs time with his new teammates but I'm saying it won't be nab1, guess we will find out in 2 weeks time

f4b5f1cbe995473da13211760844183a

I agree he needs time with his new teammates but I'm saying it won't be nab1, guess we will find out in 2 weeks time

Recruit Adam Treloar was one of the club’s new faces to impress during the match simulation, but the Magpies continue to manage the former Giants’ midfielder to ensure his osteitis pubis does not flare again.

Balme said the Magpies hoped Treloar would see some action during the pre-season competition, but would not be pushing him too soon.

Going by That from Balme. Does sound like he won't play at all or Very Little in 1st 2 NAB Challenge Games

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/81d9b3009e837bbd0b89487f2daa8e28

Jeez, you think there's anyway he'd still have any trade value?
I heard he approached the AFL about a career after football and the only position they could consider him filling was as a goal umpire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back