Analysis Training report from Tradedraft and Magpie Girl

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha. I was at Casey fields last year standing with this girl and I hear this guy going mental with profanities galore at the umps when everyone else was pretty subdue .. She turns to me and goes what in the world.. Low and behold it was TD Hahaha

Haha. Who else. Thats Gold!;)

Training Report to come Soon
Woohoo!!!
underwear-dance.gif

In the other Pre Season Training thread there's been a lot of talk about how skinny some of the players are looking - too thin some say - but what we noticed was how lean they were all looking.
Lean and slim, lighter and faster, with well defined muscle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training Report to come Soon
I know you've had a good day rubbing shoulders with the best TD, but you should still shower this month....you can't keep their scent for ever

In the other Pre Season Training thread there's been a lot of talk about how skinny some of the players are looking - too thin some say - but what we noticed was how lean they were all looking.

The only players that look genuinely skinny, almost frail, are JT and Scharenberg

I really detest this myth that gets purported, slim/small and thin does not equal faster if anything would take some pace away and add endurance.

Sprinter physique vs Marathon runner.

Sprinter-vs-marathoner-750x380.png
95245.jpg

sprinter-vs-distance.jpg

runner-sprinter-body-comparison1.jpg

The only players that look genuinely skinny, almost frail, are JT and Scharenberg
no, I don't agree with that at all.

and they are nothing like those marathon runners loki04

Slow twitch and fast twitch muscle fibres as well as neutral fibres. For power and burst you want to turn as much neutral muscle fibres into fast twitch, for endurance slow twitch is in.

The first thing to understand is muscles are made up of a combination of both fast (Type II) and slow (Type I) twitch muscle fibres. In general we are born with about 50% of each muscle type. Although this is variable and may help explain why certain athletes excel at certain sports (i.e. an athlete with 80% Type II fibres will have an advantage in sprinting where as an athlete with 80% Type I fibres will have an advantage in marathons).

Type I (Slow Twitch) Muscle Fibres

Type I fibres create ATP (the source of energy muscles use to create contractions) aerobically. This means they use oxygen in a chemical reaction with glycogen to create ATP. This is a more complex process taking longer to complete but it is also more efficient (creating no waste and more ATP-six ATP molecules/glycogen molecule) in the long run. Type I fibres produce a weaker contraction but fatigue at a much slower rate than Type II fibres. They are also able create glycogen from fat stored in the cell as well as the surrounding adipose tissue.

Type II (Fast Twitch) Muscle Fibres

Type II fibres create ATP anaerobically. This means they break down glycogen directly into ATP. This process is not very efficient in the long term as only 2 ATP molecules are produced per glycogen molecule as well as two fatty acid molecules. This process generates a great deal of waste which must be expelled from the muscle fibre. Type II fibres produce a stronger contraction than Type I fibres but fatigue very quickly.

What tweaked in the back of my mind in my fellow cyclists explanation of how muscles work more efficiently was his suggesting a faster cadence would call upon more Type II muscles fibres during the ride. This is a common misconception I’ve heard when people speak about how their muscles function and therefore it affects the way clients design their exercise routines.

Although it is true Type II fibres contract faster with more force, they also create much more waste (lactic acid) which in the end will limit the length of time the muscle fibres can work. So even though Type I fibres contract more slowly with less force they create no waste thus allowing them to continue to fire for much longer periods of time.

In general if you are looking to build muscle bulk/strength you will want to focus on calling on Type II fibres in your exercise routine i.e. short, intense workouts focused on going to the point of exhaustion. If this is your goal, you should be working at 85% or higher of your maximum heart rate. Doing strengthening exercises with heavy weights and working to exhaustion or sprint training will help develop these fibres.

If you would like to increase your endurance you will want to focus on strengthening Type I fibres. These would be longer routines at a more moderate pace focusing on building your aerobic capacity. By increasing the efficiency with which the cardiovascular and circulatory system can deliver oxygen to your muscles you will increase the ability of Type I fibres to function over long periods of time. Exercising at 75-85% of your maximum heart rate for extended periods of time (60 minutes to a few hours).
http://jasonsrmt.com/blog/

Last edited:
no, I don't agree with that at all.

and they are nothing like those marathon runners loki04

Obviously those are extremes but if you like i can post side by side pics of both JT and Shaz from 2 years ago both noticably skinner now.

I know the club has a method to it's madness specifically in regards to loads on Shazzas knee but JT imo has lost too much, he was recruited as a player who burst from packs and had a decent inside game (strong contested winner) these were his notable strengths he has now dropped a considerable amount of lean mass (he was never carrying puppy fat) in order to gain I guess more endurance.

Not all players need to be able to run a marathon at midling pace you need your burst players to be EXACTLY that burst impact in short bursts. They are the game changers, they may not consistently rack up numbers all game like steel but they will do something during parts of games to blow it open or drag you back in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back