Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dear, if you are on the apple seed case, what about almonds? Cyanide is natural in almonds and they mush be processed to remove it. Still traces in all almonds though....

I have worked on gold plants, and so long as you can smell almonds it is safe. When the HCN gas level goes above a certain level, you can no longer smell it, and it is in the "stop breathing and get the hell out of there now" kind of concentrations... yeah... i have been on some s**t house gold plants... oh, and it can enter through your eyes and skin too. awesome stuff.

Not as deadly as some make out... So long as a cyanide kit is available....

So what do they do exactly? Do they harvest the gold leaf from the gold plants using almonds?

reference to earlier O/T posts...

So what do they do exactly? Do they harvest the gold leaf from the gold plants using almonds?

sorry, kinda assumed people knew they use cyanide to extract the gold... it isnt exactly common trivia, so... mah bad... no *actual* almonds, would be cool though ... cyanide just smells like almonds...
( still off topic sorry!)

reference to earlier O/T posts...

sorry, kinda assumed people knew they use cyanide to extract the gold... it isnt exactly common trivia, so... mah bad... no *actual* almonds, would be cool though ... cyanide just smells like almonds...
( still off topic sorry!)

very informative actually, just in case the missus makes me almond flavoured coffee or tea

Not this trash again. He is best 22. Take him out and Freo limit the amount of inside 50s as he and Hill deliver it into our 50 more than any other player. He is an outside player and there is no other Freo player who plays this position for Peel who is at a higher standard than him. Give the Pearce bashing a rest.
He's only best 22 while we're having injury issues or until he tidies up his s**t disposal. He might be leading the stats for inside 50s, but he's probably also leading the stats for turnovers. Suban can take over his role easily.

He's only best 22 while we're having injury issues or until he tidies up his s**t disposal. He might be leading the stats for inside 50s, but he's probably also leading the stats for turnovers. Suban can take over his role easily.

No way. Suban doesn't know the definition of a pressure act. Pearce uses his pace to harass and cause turnovers.

No way. Suban doesn't know the definition of a pressure act. Pearce uses his pace to harass and cause turnovers.
I did already mention that he causes a lot of turnovers, unfortunately it's usually when we're in possession.

Suban? Would be terrible in that role, no pace. Chance to snag a couple of goals though, to be fair I guess.

Did you also mention that he's scored the fourth most goals for us this year?
No. He's averaging less than a goal a game at 50% conversion, which isn't very good for a play maker who has the ball in hand a lot of the time.

I did happen to notice that he misses an awful lot of easy shots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he's best 22 and the suggestion that Suban would play his role better is ridiculous.

No. He's averaging less than a goal a game at 50% conversion, which isn't very good for a play maker who has the ball in hand a lot of the time.

I did happen to notice that he misses an awful lot of easy shots.

On that logic we should drop Chris Mayne.

At least he's kicking goals and creating scoring opportunities. That's important in a defence based team.

Last edited:

You can do better than this Reg. I'm sure somewhere on the net you can find some obscure stat that fits your dialogue, rather than throwing a "probably" in there.

You can do better than this Reg. I'm sure somewhere on the net you can find some obscure stat that fits your dialogue, rather than throwing a "probably" in there.
80% of all stats are misleading 60% of the time.

When he went for that panicky up and under bomb with 2 minutes left on the clock and RTB went ballistic in the box I thought he was gone for sure.

When he went for that panicky up and under bomb with 2 minutes left on the clock and RTB went ballistic in the box I thought he was gone for sure.
Are you talking about the Cats game? It wasn't an up and under bomb in that case.

Ross has said he left the box because Sandi hit it in close moments earlier. He didn't get up because Pearce played on and to be honest Pearce playing on and kicking the ball straight down the middle 20m out was the right play.

Many, including myself made the assumption he was angry because BT went on about it.

Ross cleared this up in interviews later.

Are you talking about the Cats game? It wasn't an up and under bomb in that case.
I checked the Geelong game and you're right, it wasn't an up and under. That must have been the stupid thing he did at a critical point toward the end of the game a few weeks beforehand.
Ross has said he left the box because Sandi hit it in close moments earlier. He didn't get up because Pearce played on and to be honest Pearce playing on and kicking the ball straight down the middle 20m out was the right play.

Many, including myself made the assumption he was angry because BT went on about it.

Ross cleared this up in interviews later.
Playing on without looking, instead of picking out a target, was exactly the wrong play. I wouldn't be placing a lot of stock in what RTB says in a presser. I wouldn't mind betting that the paint stripped off the wall behind Pearce when Ross caught up with him.

I checked the Geelong game and you're right, it wasn't an up and under. That must have been the stupid thing he did at a critical point toward the end of the game a few weeks beforehand.
Playing on without looking, instead of picking out a target, was exactly the wrong play. I wouldn't be placing a lot of stock in what RTB says in a presser. I wouldn't mind betting that the paint stripped off the wall behind Pearce when Ross caught up with him.

I would. He stated it was the Sandilands tap, that's still singling out a player. Don't think he was trying to protect Pearce and when you watch the footage again, Sandilands does tap it in close instead of out to space.

Again I'll agree with what Pearce did. You have 30+ players in our forward 50m. Going back over your mark and trying to pick out a target would've been near on impossible. Pearce summarised that all within 2 seconds and got it in quick. I mean he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I can only imagine if he went back over his mark, waited for ALL the Geelong players to flood back that you'd have BT and Darcy commenting on his wasting time and he should've just got it in long.

I'm glad he took it on, got it in quick and straight down the middle. Was in my view 100% the right option.

But anyway, it wasn't the Pearce incident he left room for, unless he lied in his presser, which as I said wouldn't make sense as he still singled out a player.

Lastly the up and under from the Carlton game was Suban. If you're going to hang someone get your facts right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back