Analysis Training Watch - Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're trying to squeeze a kid into a side that has just won B2B then no matter who you "cut" is going to be very unlucky and supporters are going to be upset.

From the 2014 GF side, the only obvious one for me is Spangher out for Frawley in.

Otherwise, some real hard calls have to be made.

- Duryea is the obvious candidate being the sub and probably the "worst" player from the side.

After that, blimey.

For discussion purposes only is Shiels maybe the one that goes out, for perhaps an Anderson/Hartung/JOR? Langers does the run with role now and Shiels is a tackling machine, but not a damaging disposal getter and doesnt hit the score board

This just came up on my Facebook feed...

View attachment 97978

So much for Schoey losing a few of his muscles :eek:
I still reckon he looks leaner than last pre-season. Same muscle mass just less of what little fat was around them. Ideal as he hopefully should be lighter now while retaining strength. His legs look thicker in that photo too. Less top heavy than 12 months ago which is understandable coming off a knee injury (plus it was music festival season and he'd want to blend in). Hopefully his core strength has improved significantly.

If you're trying to squeeze a kid into a side that has just won B2B then no matter who you "cut" is going to be very unlucky and supporters are going to be upset.

From the 2014 GF side, the only obvious one for me is Spangher out for Frawley in.

Otherwise, some real hard calls have to be made.

- Duryea is the obvious candidate being the sub and probably the "worst" player from the side.

After that, blimey.

For discussion purposes only is Shiels maybe the one that goes out, for perhaps an Anderson/Hartung/JOR? Langers does the run with role now and Shiels is a tackling machine, but not a damaging disposal getter and doesnt hit the score board
Insiders at the club reckon Shiels will elevate to A grade

Insiders at the club reckon Shiels will elevate to A grade
I thought he was going to make the leap at the start of this year after setting the NAB games alight. Was getting like 30 disposals and 3 goals a game from memory. But then he settled back into a familiar role with added responsibility once the season started then got injured and dropped a bit of form.
A Jordan Lewis 2014 kind of step up for Shiels would be enormous for 3 peat chances.

I thought he was going to make the leap at the start of this year after setting the NAB games alight. Was getting like 30 disposals and 3 goals a game from memory. But then he settled back into a familiar role with added responsibility once the season started then got injured and dropped a bit of form.
A Jordan Lewis 2014 kind of step up for Shiels would be enormous for 3 peat chances.
Was in ripping form up until injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy Hartung is going to be the destroyer of worlds.

Looks fit, pissed off and ready to backstab any of the old farts keeping him out of the side.
Haha i was thinking the same thing

Big year for Billy

If Popeye goes anywhere, its to a Back Pocket*. I'd love to see Popeye on Wingard in our H&A Game next year, just to see whether it'd work in a Final. Especially if we're trying to find a spot for Jedi or O'Rawk.

*Probably at the cost of Doc, I guess.

Poppy is dead set gun. He is under rated by many of my fellow supporters and other club supporters just don't understand why he is in our best 22. But I love the man, I love his 3rd and 4th efforts, his constant pressure acts which many of us just don't see (when our when our eyes on the ball user).

Brown leaving for the money all those years ago forced us to unearth a dead set unique player who at Hawthorn is a very very important cog in two premierships and hopefully more to come.

Gee I think I have developed a man crush on him.

I keep hearing how much the coaches love him for that very reason.

If Popeye goes anywhere, its to a Back Pocket*. I'd love to see Popeye on Wingard in our H&A Game next year, just to see whether it'd work in a Final. Especially if we're trying to find a spot for Jedi or O'Rawk.

Now there is a source!

Puopolo ain't going anywhere, plus congrats to the bloke, he proposed to his longtime girlfriend a few weeks ago.

Source: The girl I'm newly seeing waxes his now fiancée regularly haha
Now there is a source!

Bumps reading her Facebook feed :p
View attachment 97996

After a 'phwoar' or two I actually laughed solid for about five minutes, it was so obvious who they were targeting and what reaction they were hoping to get with that photo :D

I seriously can't see any difference in muscle mass from one year to the next and marvel at those of you that are able to tell if players have bulked up or slimmed down a bit from year to year... I just can't pick it :confused: Whatever he's doing I just hope Schoey is in the right shape for a cracker of a year :thumbsu:

Sheils had 22 disposals, 4 clearances, 5 tackles and 6 inside 50s in the granny he is very important to our midfield and I don't see him getting pushed out of the team

Although i dont like it at the cost of Doc, totally agree. Would lock down on small fwds like a bull terrier Andy Collins like

Given how Stratton had Wingard's measure nearly the whole prelim, i wouldn't be experimenting with anyone else unless Wingard is beating all of the options we have for him down back.

Sheils had 22 disposals, 4 clearances, 5 tackles and 6 inside 50s in the granny he is very important to our midfield and I don't see him getting pushed out of the team

Yep, and Shiels' start to the year screamed breakout before injury really slowed him down. He never quite got back into that form, but i don't think anyone would be surprised if he was at that level for all of 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back