Travelling to Hawaii

Remove this Banner Ad

Travelling to Hawaii in September/October, and was after some "must do" touristy things when I am over there. Have been told that I must go and see the Pearl Harbour/USS Arizona tour, and also looking at spending a few days in Maui. Will also take in the sights of Waikiki beach as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Great bar with 2 Maccaws in it the same muso guy has been there for over a decade,sings all the classics .
Good MaiTais
Just above the Market in Wai Ki Ki.

Some stuff to do on Oahu...

-Head up to North Shore to check out the beaches/surf
-Diamond Head walk. Awesome view of Waikikki (highly recommend)
-Punchbowl Cemetery

If your going to surf watch out for the locals. Just like in Australia be respectful and follow the rules. Pretty much like going to Byron but 10x worse. Localism is taken to a whole new level. Aussie's, kiwi's and the yanks know the go. Seen two Euro blokes get absolutely rolled as they were leaving the beach. Deserved though, all around the world there's only a problem with two groups of surfers, Japs and the Euro's. No idea the lot of them.

Take a circle island tour. Best way to see the whole island then pick the spots to go back to.

Nth Shore is great Waimea Bay is a great swimming beach if it is flat as a tack.

Hanauma Bay for a bit of snorkelling.

Dukes Bar for a frothy. Right on the beach.

If it is in season go to a University of Hawaii football match

Ala Moana shopping centre if your that way inclined.

Lastly stay as close as you can afford to Waikiki and pay the extra for an ocean view it is worth every cent.

Been there 3 times and would go back again. Awesome spot to go.

Still safe there these days?

I went there in high school and wandered around the place and felt pretty secure in the 90's. I've heard it's gone down hill a bit since.

Went surfing at Waikiki in summer, was about 4-5 ft at best. Just me and old Hawaiian guys out there everywhere, didn't have any problems. Was brilliant being out there at dusk looking back into Waikiki as it was starting to light up.

Definently go to Maui. We stayed there for a few days and it was great. You can drive around the whole island in a day easily and so many places to surf. But the best part is seeing the sunrise/sunset over the Pacific Ocean, it is something magical.

Travelling to Hawaii in September/October, and was after some "must do" touristy things when I am over there. Have been told that I must go and see the Pearl Harbour/USS Arizona tour, and also looking at spending a few days in Maui. Will also take in the sights of Waikiki beach as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my mate did that, said it was phenomenal and he is not even a history buff.:thumbsu:

I did the Pearl Harbour tour when I was young and it was mind blowing then. It probably has been improved since - definently must do it.

Travel up to the North Shore either by island circle tour or by hire car.
From there head to Waimea Falls to watch the cliff divers.

For some great views head up to Diamond Head.

And be sure to sample some pineapple Dole whip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

head over there ever year in feb (about to head over) for a surfing comp. go to pipeline for sure head to keiki beach. so much fun, you get bloody hammered by the waves though! Make sure to grab a foodland card, save so much cash, good luck mate

here our a couple of pics from keiki over the years;
3121_97847399147_637804147_2472202_19608_n.jpg

6374_121585236675_519686675_2816813_6346710_n.jpg

l_818baa8b4d87b7a1999b80f2c5439923.jpg

l_34ae4289be6e5a312b229997bf4e8119.jpg

l_1f527044a99e496be618e71eb789d596.jpg

Check out the Polynesian Cultural Centre on Oahu, think it's on the other side of the island from Honolulu, an hour's drive. Good day out with the islanders displaying their culture with a lot of humour thrown in.
Them girls can dance too.

The Catamaran night trips are well worth it with the local friendlies.

Has anyone been to Kauai?? What's it like?

My tip: spend more time on Oahu outside of the Waikiki tourist spots and also head over to the Big Island for the lava hikes, Mauna Kea, waterfalls. Maui is amazing-do the Hana Highway and Haleakala sunrise for a mind blowing experience.

Has anyone been to Kauai?? What's it like?
One of my good mates has been to Kauai twice with his girlfriend (now fiancé). They both agreed it's absolutely stunning. I'd love to go there one day myself!

For anyone planning a trip, http://www.gohawaii.com/au/ is the Hawaiian tourism body in Australia. They may even mail you brochures too if you are lucky!

One of my good mates has been to Kauai twice with his girlfriend (now fiancé). They both agreed it's absolutely stunning. I'd love to go there one day myself!

For anyone planning a trip, http://www.gohawaii.com/au/ is the Hawaiian tourism body in Australia. They may even mail you brochures too if you are lucky!

Kauai is terrific. Waimea Canyon. Na Pali Coast. Snorkelling/swimming around Poipu. Kalalau Trail. Hanalei Bay. A very relaxed island.

Was my favourite of the 3 islands we visited, narrowly ahead of the Big Island, with Oahu a distant third.(still great though)

I'm heading over with my Wife in December for my 40th. Quick trip only 4 days.

I went with work years ago which was only for a couple of days and don't remember anything but the inside of clubs.

I need some accommodation and am finding it a real pain in the ass navigating through some sites, any recommendations? Will probably be looking at Waikiki I guess. I'd like to SUP a little whilst over there maybe windsurf but generally just kick back with the missus good sights, good food and relaxing bars.

I'm heading over with my Wife in December for my 40th. Quick trip only 4 days.

I went with work years ago which was only for a couple of days and don't remember anything but the inside of clubs.

I need some accommodation and am finding it a real pain in the ass navigating through some sites, any recommendations? Will probably be looking at Waikiki I guess. I'd like to SUP a little whilst over there maybe windsurf but generally just kick back with the missus good sights, good food and relaxing bars.

when we went there in 2012 we stayed in the beachcomber holiday inn on waikiki. it was around 100m walk from the beach, in the middle of it all. didnt get any noise in the hotel though which was great. had a quality snack shop in the lobby too.

Only 4 days in Hawaii? Probably only worth staying on Oahu then and trying to check out Pearl Harbour, North Shore and enjoy a couple of days on the beach. Still, you'll want to return again in the future to check out other parts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back