Player Watch Travis Varcoe (Retired 2020)

wello

Senior List
Dec 1, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Obvious that Buckley has told him just to play his role, not be a superstar; he's benefitting from that.
Injury-free, his pace + tackle pressure is very good.
Well in Trav, rather have you than the Prince!

He was fantastic last night. He's Ben good to very good most of the year.

Great pick up. So cool with the footy.
Agreed.
At this early stage, it's been a win for us the Varcoe/Harry/Clark trade

He was fantastic last night. He's Ben good to very good most of the year.

Great pick up. So cool with the footy.
Loved his attack on the ball and player last night, have never seen him play so well. Put my hand as not being his biggest fan, but now on his band wagon.

I feel the need for another helping of humble pie after the game vs the Hawks. I don't remember being this wrong about a recruit since Alan Toovey.

Mea culpa!

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I have 5 signed copies of the book "AFL : On the Field" for the first 5 people who email me and give me links to posts where they have said in the preseason that Varcoe is soft and useless. Please send me your full names and addresses which will be posted on BF, should you win a prize. The books are fantastic, suitable for 5 year olds so that anyone can understand them and improve their understanding of AFL.

shizzle

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's just silk, he's become one of our more important players.
At trade time when we got him I felt compelled to commit Harakiri, now he's one of my favourites, well done Trav!!

Sep 29, 2009
Belgrave
AFL Club
Geelong
The last couple of games for us he was our best player. He was finally coming good after two long injury layoffs in a row. When he got traded, I couldn't believe it. We had him on the list for two years with nothing but injury and sporadic games, he comes good and we move him on.

Great pick pick up, and I watch Collingwood games more now because of Trav.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think when we recruit people in the off-season now I am just going to shut up and have faith. I didn't want Varcoe or Crisp and wasn't over the moon with Greenwood. Crisp and Varcoe have by far exceeded my expectations

Back