Toast Travis Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rewatching Rd 1 - (hell.. why not right) :D ) and the goal he kicked right before 1/2 time was a great team effort but TV needs some attention for his personal effort in that passage of play.

His involvement began in the BP, and TV was involved again touching the pill another 3 times down the members wing to the FP, where he gets a dish off and runs to the front of the square, baulks 2 Hawks and goals across his body.

That run of his was as important in that game as was his 4th qtr 2011 GF effort.

His running in his last 2 games played, albeit 2 years apart ( im not counting last year's 1/2 a game) has been nothing short of brilliant. His ability to break the lines and just torch anyone is a massive assistance for us. He is a definite best 22 now and should play all games ( list management aside)

I really think he is in for a massive year this year. His attack at the ball in a contest has improved 100% too ( and it needed to) and his play is making a crucial difference to our play.

Congrats to him and I for one and a proud Varcoe13 banner wearer.

Go Catters

He also played a major part in all of our last quarter goals. Well for Bundy's intercept goal, TV had brilliantly set up Chappy for the point leading to the kick in. I will count that. :)

Well spotted daz. I was at the game and spilled beer over myself when he kicked that goal. My Hawks mate let out an agonized "a hhhh NO. Varcoe!"

God he looks fit at the moment. Just about my favorite player.

I've been saying for years he's a better player than Rioli. Seems the greater footy world is starting to agree.

Head over to the Hawks board and you will find that he is criminally underrated. Yet for some reason they still revere Rioli as some sort of god.

Look at the size of TV now versus then.... Seems much more solid now....

Big things coming I feel... big things..

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Catters

This year has a touch of magic about it doesn't it? Varcoe is a massive inclusion for us, make no mistake. If he stays fit, he will only get better as the year wears on. We are yet to see the best of our number 5....

Go Catters
Size means slower too...I think he needs to lean out to what he was in that video. Slick and fast then!

TV2.gif

#matchwinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back