Opinion Treloar, meet kitchen sink

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know that? You speak of nomination like it's a formal process.

It was common knowledge we were into Adams and Tyson, and supposedly they were both keen on us. But in the end they went to clubs that could satisfy GWS the best. It's not like these kids sit back, point at a vic club and say 'that one, only that one! you have to accept whatever they can pay!'

It's in everyone's interest to get a fair deal done and the kid would say something to GWS like, get me to Vic but get yourself as good a deal as you can, for not wanting to screw over the club that drafted them in the first place.

In Adams' case, he never 'nominated' anyone. Shaw 'nominated' GWS as his preferred trade destination which led to the swap for Adams. Tyson also never 'nominated' anyone. Even in the Boyd trade, Griffen was the one that 'nominated' GWS, rather than Boyd nominating the Dogs.

When a team places a truckload of cash at your front door it is generally the equivalent to nominating.

Adams was left with Collingwoods offer after we decided not to match whilst no team was going to match what the bulldogs were offering Boyd.

The problem with TV is he doesn't like to jump in the ruck and be really physical. If he can learn to do this, then he will do ok.
The cure for that is to play more ruck and get used to it. Ty likes being physical generally, and some of his tap work is sublimely deft.

Kreuzer wouldn't walk from Carlton unless they wanted him to...unlikely. Would cost too much in a trade.

Can't see it happening and a bit risky.

Burger from Brissy has plenty of upside. Should be reaching his heights in 3 years when Ivan is completely cooked.

If we got Burger & one of Treloar or Motlop then we would have done extremely well.

I also wouldn't be against Carlisle - although not sure on his contract, FA position and Essendon are ridiculous to trade with.... In fast they're ridiculous full stop.

Asthbury can go to Brisbane for trade if we were to get another defender in. Otherwise keep him as the replacement for Chaplin.

Kruezer is a FA, so wont cost anything via a trade.

Hopper is maybe a 10-15 selection at this stage, but his star is rising.

Kennedy is mid 30s. Any talk of them being ranked higher is a furphy and driven by Eddie McGuire puppets.

Kennedy (academy kid) hadn't even been mentioned until the last month, and suddenly he is a top 10? And now he's broken his leg badly and not playing for the rest of the year...Still a Top 10?
Pies chief recruiter rated Hopper around top 3, and I heard Kennady has come in recently. The thing is, it all depends on which club nominates their pick for each player, and then the GWS must use the new number system to get them, which is where having additional 1st round choices come in to it. If the players come in from lower in the draft it isn't as bad an issue.

The cure for that is to play more ruck and get used to it. Ty likes being physical generally, and some of his tap work is sublimely deft.
Nah I think he can get enough practice at training, he just doesn't want to do it. In games, when he does go into the centre, he just wont raise his knee. Its a product of his knee injury pre draft, but until he does, I want another ruck.

Kruezer is a FA, so wont cost anything via a trade.

Pies chief recruiter rated Hopper around top 3, and I heard Kennady has come in recently. The thing is, it all depends on which club nominates their pick for each player, and then the GWS must use the new number system to get them, which is where having additional 1st round choices come in to it. If the players come in from lower in the draft it isn't as bad an issue.
We can also go into deficit.

We can afford to slide a few spots next year if Kennedy does turn out to be highly sought after & clubs bid high on Hopper.

Ok mate no probs. I didn't get the impression a poster stated we would have to hold over monies for Conca in a new contract worth more. I would look at like its great that he commanded something like this, as it would mean he is playing good footy.

Yeah no probs Flea, I read it as he said we'd need to pay him more than we currently are.... which would be great if his form commanded it.... sadly you can't have form if you don't get on the park. He's probably got 4-7 weeks in the seniors this year and half of next year to improve before contract talks....

Unless Leon Cameron was banging his missus, Treloar would never do that the club.
He may leave for better opportunities media wise and more cash, but he'd never do that, ethically speaking, to the club.
We've nurtured him since he was 17 and probably thinks of Craig Lambert as a father.
Kids a class act. Not a tip rat.

Former Richmond champ.... probably in his ear about how great the Tigers are as a club ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah with all the talent(1st rd picks + 17y/o's) you have, you certainly don't have to worry you will miss out on good players.
Was trying not to sound arrogant about it. Of course we would like to have a top 10 pick every year, but if we do take Hopper and Kennedy and that forces us to slide from - let's say first pick next year was 13, to 16 or 17 - it wouldn't hurt us all that much.

Was trying not to sound arrogant about it. Of course we would like to have a top 10 pick every year, but if we do take Hopper and Kennedy and that forces us to slide from - let's say first pick next year was 13, to 16 or 17 - it wouldn't hurt us all that much.
You do know that taking these academy players are going to cost you a lot more than sliding from pick 13 to 16 right?

Is it not on par with the Carlton situation this year with Silvagni and Rice?

Which sounds like a cracking meal by the way...

I'll have a Silvagni and Rice thanks.

Thats because of the value of the two players 20-30 i.e mid 2nd rounders and it means they would be in point deficit the next season so their first rounder in 2016 slides backwards. Its probably the weakest part of the whole system apart from not letting clubs trade future first rounders and allowing them to do it in consecutive seasons (should be like the NBA where you can't trade a future first rounder for two consecutive years)

Is it not on par with the Carlton situation this year with Silvagni and Rice?
It depends what the other clubs bid later this year, however if a club bids a Top 5 pick for Hopper and then somewhere else in the 1st round for Kennedy, then it will pretty much wipe you out completely of the 2015 draft and possibly also push back your 1st pick in 2016.

It depends what the other clubs bid later this year, however if a club bids a Top 5 pick for Hopper and then somewhere else in the 1st round for Kennedy, then it will pretty much wipe you out completely of the 2015 draft and possibly also push back your 1st pick in 2016.
That makes sense.

Cheers.

The Pies' offer will disappear if they get Dangerfield, which I think they will. We won't offer Treloar much more than $550k, so he'll stay at GWS. Is my opinion.

Is Treloar a Melbourne boy? If so that may be incentive if offers are similar?

Knees are cooked

Really??? When you say cooked, do you mean damaged permanently? As in will impact on him for the rest of his career? (just wanna make sure I'm understanding you is all...)

Retrospective father/son

I've heard somewhere(maybe BF) , that his son is still thinking about nominating us under father & son. But I really don't know anything about his son tbh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back