Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

I think i know what your saying, but i dunno. Are you referring to the gangster?

bigpapagman mentions he doesn't know which one to bonk (Cotch or his partner) and I was just making fun and saying maybe that's the reason all the women were looking a bit upset at the table ? I was just being silly:p

On a lighter note I really liked that photo of Cotch sticking his tongue out on the carpet. Shows he doesn't take himself to serious :thumbsu:

P.S Almost used it as my avatar.......Almost;)

Disappointing and embarrassing that this thread doesn't continue to get more love. I want it being top of the board the entirety of next season as Cotchin breaks the polling record and gets 40 votes in 2014.

Disappointing and embarrassing that this thread doesn't continue to get more love. I want it being top of the board the entirety of next season as Cotchin breaks the polling record and gets 40 votes in 2014.

He'll be playing so well he'll get the 3, 2 and 1 in some games

i still cant believe how well he polled in a year we all felt was "off" for cotch, cant wait till he puts it all together for a whole season, the bookies will be paying out at round 8

Interesting to hear Choco say on the JDM panel that Cotch is hitting the gym to put on a bit of size. Wants to be more resilient in tackles and against taggers.

IMO thats great but if they can see if they can improve the length of his kicks he would be close to a complete footballer. People knock his disposal efficiency and I agree in part but he has most of his disposals under extreme pressure. If he could get in his game that instead of these in traffic 10 to 30 meter short passes and really improve his 40 to 50 meter kicks, well i would get excited.

Can kicking length be improved at Cotch's age ?

IMO thats great but if they can see if they can improve the length of his kicks he would be close to a complete footballer. People knock his disposal efficiency and I agree in part but he has most of his disposals under extreme pressure. If he could get in his game that instead of these in traffic 10 to 30 meter short passes and really improve his 40 to 50 meter kicks, well i would get excited.

Can kicking length be improved at Cotch's age ?

By getting bigger and stronger he wont be as hunched when kicking the ball with 3 blokes on him so this should help his efficiency :D

But seriously i was watching the webcast of the JDM and Cotch in interview with Richo basically stated he wanted to bulk up slightly but more importantly didnt want to lose any of his running ability /tank. SO if anything i doubt we will see Cotch too much bigger but he would have improved his tank.

It was a good interview actually where you could see he was genuinely slightly dissapointed in his season personally and hes taking it as a challenge to improve on that. Hell im putting the house on him for the Brownlow :D

Just watched the videos posted of Choco and Cotchy at the JDM, his brilliant Choco is an absolute quality person and I hope he stays at the club forever, funny Richo looking for the segway to conclude haha, and Cotchy loved him, and what he had to say, his going to be in football for a long long time, just cream, what a great captain and character, just one of those guys you would take home to any mum... Go Tiges! So good after so many years of tears...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Have to ask why you feel the need to tell us this?:confused:

While on the topic of off field Trent Cotchin how great is his Instagram?

The guy is seriously perfect. Not a single flaw or questionable trait. Just one of the most wholesome individuals out there, especially for a footballer.

While on the topic of off field Trent Cotchin how great is his Instagram?

The guy is seriously perfect. Not a single flaw or questionable trait. Just one of the most wholesome individuals out there, especially for a footballer.

He's a bit like me except he's not quite as good at football

:p

Cotchy's Cubs have been abandoned for Brandon's Buddies.

First chink in the armor? :(

Cotchy's Cubs have been abandoned for Brandon's Buddies.

First chink in the armor? :(

Actually, seeing as how they both had their contracts done up this year, I would say this was asmart move by the club by giveing non-cap increasing perk to Ellis and a way to retain him in the future. Cotch is on top coin and captain of the club, hand it over I say. No different to when they gave Cotch the kids club

Actually, seeing as how they both had their contracts done up this year, I would say this was asmart move by the club by giveing non-cap increasing perk to Ellis and a way to retain him in the future. Cotch is on top coin and captain of the club, hand it over I say. No different to when they gave Cotch the kids club

Agree.

Same with offering Dustin a role at the indigenous centre to help troubled youth.

Our ability to retain players depends on our ability to help them develop their lives and careers outside of football. That means finding or creating opportunities that suit their strengths. Same as any club.

Cotchin is set for life.

The trip to Rio is club funded I guess? That's the kind of incentive players would love. A free holiday where they develop as a person too. Guys like Conca and Rance would be pretty happy to sign for a bit less if we keep thinking of decent perks to make their lives awesome.

Agree.

Same with offering Dustin a role at the indigenous centre to help troubled youth.

Our ability to retain players depends on our ability to help them develop their lives and careers outside of football. That means finding or creating opportunities that suit their strengths. Same as any club.

Cotchin is set for life.

The trip to Rio is club funded I guess? That's the kind of incentive players would love. A free holiday where they develop as a person too. Guys like Conca and Rance would be pretty happy to sign for a bit less if we keep thinking of decent perks to make their lives awesome.
If it helps I will offer free foot rubs to them, hope that doesn't count to the cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back