2nds Trial: Port v Centrals

Remove this Banner Ad

reserves.... all played well
league...... all played well
Let's hope that's true in both cases on grand final day - could life ever get any better than a Power/Magpies premiership double?????

Let's hope that's true in both cases on grand final day - could life ever get any better than a Power/Magpies premiership double?????

That possible case scenario is the reason why the SNAFL treated the PAFC so badly since our entry into the AFL. The split between the Maggies and the Power was orchestrated to stop this happening. They just could not handle the fact that it could happen so they did everything possible to keep both teams in a position where they were not only battling teams on the field but also the bureaucracy off of it.

If we see these results repeated in the season proper we can wave goodbye to the current system.

I'm hearing there's already mass outrage at that bastion of derp, SA Footy forums.

Because it was perfectly fine for Centrals to step into the vacuum caused by the decreed divorce of Port Adelaide and the emasculation of the Etheltonised Magpies and dominate the competition by fair means and foul for over a decade, but the minute it looks like Port are finally getting off the canvas it's a bleeding outrage.

If we see these results repeated in the season proper we can wave goodbye to the current system.

I'm hearing there's already mass outrage at that bastion of derp, SA Footy forums.

Because it was perfectly fine for Centrals to step into the vacuum caused by the decreed divorce of Port Adelaide and the emasculation of the Etheltonised Magpies and dominate the competition by fair means and foul for over a decade, but the minute it looks like Port are finally getting off the canvas it's a bleeding outrage.

Post this again so I can like it again tribey :thumbsu:

It should be noted wrt the game, Tommy Logan came off under the blood rule in the last quarter so all is right with the world. :D

As a side note, the incredible amount of disdain for our club from SANFL supporters is insane. The whole time I was there they were chatting about how Port are cheats because of the SANFL agreement, and how we aren't the real magpies and how next year we will be stripped of the right to be called the magpies and will not be allowed to wear the prison bars. One guy even came up to me and started having a go, it was really bizarre. Something tells me they are upset we are going to dominate them.

What I've never understood with Centrals fans is the sheer level of entitlement.

Why are they allowed to prosper by any means possible, have free destiny to do whatever they want, live high off the fat of their clanging pokie dens and the AFL dollars so shamelessly gouged out of Port and the Crows, but we're not. We must be straitjacketed, divided and shamelessly milked of our revenues. Seriously, why?

They blew-in in 1959, spent 5 years playing reserves, then spent another 3 decades in the wilderness before finally getting their s**t together as any sort of consistent threat for the flag. We then leave for the AFL, are forced to cast the Magpies out to Ethelton, have all our old soldiers of the nineties retire and they were suddenly free to absolutely annihilate the competition - in more ways than one - for 12 or 13 years.

But we're scum/cheats/parasites/imposters because after this decade of free reign we've finally got a modicum of power (One Club merger, AFL reserves structure) that only partially reflects our status as, you know, a founding club who was chief financier of football in this state for the better part of 120 years and has provided the SANFL with over $40,000,000 in revenues since 1997.

Bloody hell.

What I've never understood with Centrals fans is the sheer level of entitlement.

Why are they allowed to prosper by any means possible, have free destiny to do whatever they want, live high off the fat of their clanging pokie dens and the AFL dollars so shamelessly gouged out of Port and the Crows, but we're not. We must be straitjacketed, divided and shamelessly milked of our revenues. Seriously, why?

They blew-in in 1959, spent 5 years playing reserves, then spent another 3 decades in the wilderness before finally getting their s**t together as any sort of consistent threat for the flag. We then leave for the AFL, are forced to cast the Magpies out to Ethelton, have all our old soldiers of the nineties retire and they were suddenly free to absolutely annihilate the competition - in more ways than one - for 12 or 13 years.

But we're scum/cheats/parasites/imposters because after this decade of free reign we've finally got a modicum of power (One Club merger, AFL reserves structure) that only partially reflects our status as, you know, a founding club who was chief financier of football in this state for the better part of 120 years and has provided the SANFL with over $40,000,000 in revenues since 1997.

Bloody hell.

The vitriol I received was unbelievable. One guy with an Irish accent came up and said "look at them, pathetic in their black and silver. Not even a real guernsey"

To which I replied "that is a training guernsey, we will be wearing the proper prison bars come the season proper once the sponsor logos are all finalized on the guernseys"

He says "that's bullshit, they aren't even the real magpies. They are the power, they should never be allowed to call themselves the magpies or wear the prison bars. It won't matter anyway because they lose the right to be called the magpies as of next year, and they will not be allowed to wear the prison bars."

To which I said "It was confirmed when the deal was announced that we were keeping the magpie name, and the magpie guernsey. We are one in the same club and always have been"

He replies: "Nah you're full of s**t. They are definitely not keeping it."

I said "You'll see."

He goes "You are all cheats anyway, both the power and the crows. Coming into our competition and paying your players in your AFL salary caps while we have to pay for all of our players."

I said "we all have to pay for our players one way or another, you guys still get your zones and many other benefits that we forfeited as part of the agreement"

he replies: "nah, you're all ******* cheats, you won't keep the magpie name and you will not wear the guernsey, mark my words. You are all cheats"

I replied: "I said it before, you will see. You're just angry because we are going to win all the premierships now."

He goes: "Oh yeah? so whens the last time your rabble won a premiership, 89? 90?"

To which I honestly replied: "I've got no idea, I don't follow the SANFL much."

He goes: "what kind of supporter are you then? don't even know your premiership history, piss off back to your bloody afl."

I said: "I'm sorry, I don't keep track of a second rate competition."

His head exploded, and he pissed off back to his bunch of burly old men.

It certainly was an interesting experience. There was plenty of "YOU CAN'T DUCK YOUR HEAD FOR A FREE IN THIS COMPETITION YOU AFL w***erS!" and "PISS OFF BACK TO THE AFL CARLILE YOU HACK!"

They even turned on the camera men, yelling at him saying "I BET YOU ARE HERE BECAUSE OF YOUR PRECIOUS PORT POWER, GO ON, PISS OFF."

There seems to be a lot of hate for the AFL in the SANFL now.

Last edited:
The vitriol I received was unbelievable. One guy with an Irish accent came up and said "look at them, pathetic in their black and silver. Not even a real guernsey"

To which I replied "that is a training guernsey, we will be wearing the proper prison bars come the season proper once the sponsor logos are all finalized on the guernseys"

He says "that's bullshit, they aren't even the real magpies. They are the power, they should never be allowed to call themselves the magpies or wear the prison bars. It won't matter anyway because they lose the right to be called the magpies as of next year, and they will not be allowed to wear the prison bars."

To which I said "It was confirmed when the deal was announced that we were keeping the magpie name, and the magpie guernsey. We are one in the same club and always have been"

I said "You'll see."

He goes "You are all cheats anyway, both the power and the crows. Coming into our competition and paying your players in your AFL salary caps while we have to pay for all of our players."

I said "we all have to pay for our players one way or another, you guys still get your zones and many other benefits that we forfeited as part of the agreement"

he replies: "nah, you're all ******* cheats, you won't keep the magpie name and you will not wear the guernsey, mark my words. You are all cheats"

I replied: "I said it before, you will see. You're just angry because we are going to win all the premierships now."

He goes: "Oh yeah? so whens the last time your rabble won a premiership, 89? 90?"

He goes: "what kind of supporter are you then? don't even know your premiership history, piss off back to your bloody afl."

It certainly was an interesting experience. There certainly was plenty of "YOU CAN'T DUCK YOUR HEAD FOR A FREE IN THIS COMPETITION YOU AFL ******S!" and "PISS OFF BACK TO THE AFL CARLILE YOU HACK!"

They even turned on the camera men, yelling at him saying "I BET YOU ARE HERE BECAUSE OF YOUR PRECIOUS PORT POWER, GO ON, PISS OFF."

One way to get under centrals supporters skins is just remind them about 95&96 grand finals. They will pretend it dosent bother em but it does

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

One way to get under centrals supporters skins is just remind them about 95&96 grand finals. They will pretend it dosent bother em but it does

The same group of old men was gawking at the passing teenage girls, saying sexually suggestive things. It was all very odd.

Also, saw Pittard, Butcher, P. Stew and Gray at the match. Good to see the lads supporting the guys who were playing.

I said "You'll see."

It certainly was an interesting experience. There was plenty of "YOU CAN'T DUCK YOUR HEAD FOR A FREE IN THIS COMPETITION YOU AFL ******S!" and "PISS OFF BACK TO THE AFL CARLILE YOU HACK!"

Next time this happens, tell them how their SANFL team has pillaged the playing stocks of your local SAAFL team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same group of old men was gawking at the passing teenage girls, saying sexually suggestive things. It was all very odd.

Also, saw Pittard, Butcher, P. Stew and Gray at the match. Good to see the lads supporting the guys who were playing.
I had a centrals supporter behind me abusing his own team .

Next time this happen, tell them how their SANFL team has pillaged the playing stocks of your local SAAFL team.
And that they only had success as soon as we decided we dominated the league and went to the big leagues.

I understand you're point Tribey. Perhaps it's because they achieved there success in an time when the gloss of winning an Sanfl Flag was about on par with winning the Div 1 Amateur's in 1990 and to uplift the fine residents of Lizbef.:rolleyes:
Edit: with the exception of Dr Feel of course.

You don't get north of Grand Junction Road much, do you? :p

The best part was a corker from someone behind me, just after the camera man incident.

"The media will have everyone believe that we will jump the fence and king hit people, we are actually a very civilized bunch down here. The media give us such a bad wrap. Ohhhh scary elizabeth! We aren't even that bad."

MFW leaving after the match having experienced some of the worst examples of homo sapiens:

1384335401510.gif

You don't get north of Grand Junction Road much, do you? :p

I actually live in Elizabeth currently while finishing up my degree at Mawson Lakes. However I'm a glenelg/urrbrae lad, so even though i've been up here a few years it never ceases to amaze me.

I'm confused, is this bloke playing for Port Adelaide, or Port Melbourne?

I assumed he was going to play for Port Melbourne but Aaron Greaves talked him into coming over to Port Adelaide instead.

Port website report
Earlier in the day, the club's Academy team ran out 45-point winners over Central District's reserves with Sam Gordon booting four goals.
Port website report

I actually live in Elizabeth currently while finishing up my degree at Mawson Lakes. However I'm a glenelg/urrbrae lad, so even though i've been up here a few years it never ceases to amaze me.

I spent many of my formative years out that way (closer to Salisbury than Elizabeth) so I'm not surprised by anything that you have written other than you not finishing off with 'Then he punched me in the face'. :D

I spent many of my formative years out that way (closer to Salisbury than Elizabeth) so I'm not surprised by anything that you have written other than you finishing off with 'Then he punched me in the face'. :D

I think the only reason why he didn't punch me in the face (because I definitely purposely goaded him) is because he was about 70. I'm surprised his irish blood didn't kick in.

I spent many of my formative years out that way (closer to Salisbury than Elizabeth) so I'm not surprised by anything that you have written other than you finishing off with 'Then he punched me in the face'. :D
Salisbury and Elizabeth are the worst suburbs. I live in Smithfield and we get a bad rap . But I feel safer here than I do in either Elizabeth and Salisbury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back