Trigg replacement? who will it be

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
theatre.jpg

"Alas, poor Stephen...I knew him well"

You can guarantee Swann will end up in Queensland, the AFL will make it happen. Smart stuffed his chances earlier in the year, Cooke will retire after Geelong. Haysman is an interesting choice, he doesn't quite get enough credit for the job his did, laid the groundwork for KT and Kochie.

Whoever it is needs to be a highly successful, motivated and innovative businessperson. Love of the club is handy but it need not be a prerequisite

I shudder to think that we would actually let a Port person have control of the club.

Wasn't he there when they hit rock-bottom and needed to be bailed out by the AFL and SANFL?

Stab would treat everything like an academic exercise and we'd play each game via simulated computations and never actually set foot on the track except to meet bigfooty posters. And tell them, nicely, to grow up. Having said that he would be the first ceo in football to never take sides with anyone. Oh and wear tracky dacks to pressers.

So basically the only difference between Stabby and Neil Craig is the tracky dacks :D

I shudder to think that we would actually let a Port person have control of the club.

Wasn't he there when they hit rock-bottom and needed to be bailed out by the AFL and SANFL?
He is actually a staunch Adelaide supporter. He was there for the hard times, the place as a whole was falling apart, but he was also there to lay the foundation of what they are off field today.

Wouldn't be my first choice, mind you im not sure who is, but he shouldn't be ruled out.

I've been reflecting on all of this and I have come to a conclusion.
Rucci is nothing more than a printed version of an internet blogger.
He has no sources. He has no reputation. He is just a guy that writes an opinion each day. He changes his opinion endlessly in the hope that eventually he will get it right.

I don't know what he is like as a person but he should not be an AFL writer. Nobody in the industry respects him. I actually find it hilarious watching him in press conferences.

I honestly find the information on here more credible then what he writes.

I don't know what he is like as a person but he should not be an AFL writer. Nobody in the industry respects him. I actually find it hilarious watching him in press conferences.

I honestly find the information on here more credible then what he writes.
And THAT's saying something. ;)

Traits that I would really like to see in the new CEO is someone who has the ability to consider all the facts, take into consideration the unknowns and risks and be consciously aware of their own tendency for bias before forming an opinion and deciding on a course of action. That would rule out anyone on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traits that I would really like to see in the new CEO is someone who has the ability to consider all the facts, take into consideration the unknowns and risks and be consciously aware of their own tendency for bias before forming an opinion and deciding on a course of action. That would rule out anyone on here.

Feel free to take this well-signed opportunity:

upload_2014-7-23_14-34-48.jpeg

Heard from a mate today that Reid may actually be getting approached to be our list manager, rather than CEO.
That's fair enough and I guess it's a position of need now that Noble is overseeing the entire footy department. Wouldn't surprise me to hear Rooch got it totally wrong in what job he was in the running for.

I liked this quote from this article:

The club's COO Nigel Smart will step in as acting CEO, reporting directly to the board, while Adelaide conducts a national and international search for Trigg's permanent replacement.

Crows chairman Rob Chapman denied Trigg was leaving so Smart or another club employee could step in, claiming there wasn't anyone internally who had obvious claims to the position.

Instead, Chapman promised to search both nationally and abroad for the "very best CEO available".

Saying it out loud and putting it on the record specifically about Smart gives me hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back