Trigg replacement? who will it be

Status
Not open for further replies.

boffo

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a strong indication Chapman won't be there to work with the new CEO (and therefore no need to be on the selection panel). :D

Let's hope Chappie is putting his putter back in the bag and about to walk off the 18th green.

So all this begs the question - who, beginning with the recruitment of Roo, is driving this reformation? Was/is it Chapman?....or the heavy hitters Jim Hazel and Bob Foord? It had to start somewhere. Maybe the AFL, but I can't quite see why at this stage.
Who did Roo replace on the Board...

Chapman's media interviews are Harper-esque in their substance.
The difference is one deliberately tells us nothing of substance (why would you tell your customers anything), whereas the other knows nothing of substance!

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why? Because he'd smack them? o_O Seriously, if he wanted to choose someone that the other two didn't agree with, I would hope they'd argue against him.

do you reckon anyone argued against trigg? serious question, because I heard/read a snippet that I haven't had the inclination to find, but have a vague recollection that trigg was quoted as saying that he'll lead the carlton board to some end of some sort. I just have this feeling that our board basically rubber stamped everything that trigg did and that he might think that he can apply that process across at carlton land. my sneaking suspicion is that trigg thinks that it's his responsibility to tool-up the board.

Apr 20, 2004
Regional VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Greg Swann to be announced as the Brisbane CEO tomorrow.
May not have been a bad choice....I'd hope we throw some coin at Brian Cook now....his results at the Cats speak for themselves. Being from WA originally he may not be tied to Geelong either....so he's the bloke I think they should pursue....

May not have been a bad choice....I'd hope we throw some coin at Brian Cook now....his results at the Cats speak for themselves. Being from WA originally he may not be tied to Geelong either....so he's the bloke I think they should pursue....
There just seems to be this propensity to recycle previous CEO's making the gene pool very shallow indeed. Think we need to break that cycle and snare one from the ocean.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
There just seems to be this propensity to recycle previous CEO's making the gene pool very shallow indeed. Think we need to break that cycle and snare one from the ocean.
Nothing wrong with 'recycling' one if they've already done a very good job at the club they're currently at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back