ripitup27

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2005
Your Place
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Chapman Express
I know there's a lot of commercial bashing and I for one despise everything but Triple M and Gold.

Just been listening to the Triple 50 Most Played Songs in the last 20 years and really enjoyed it.

My guess for number one has already gone, I thought Under the Bridge or Alive would get the gong.

Here's 50-1:

50. The Right Time - Hoodoo Gurus
49. Come Out & Play - The Offspring
48. Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
47. One Word - Baby Animals
46. November Rain - Guns N Roses
45. Even Better Than The Real Thing - U2
44. Cats In The Cradle - Ugly Kid Joe
43. No Rain - Blind Melon
42. Do You See What I See - Hunters & Collectors
41. Legs - ZZ Top
40. Beautiful Day - U2
39. Jump - Van Halen
38. Two Princes - Spin Doctors
37. Lightning Crashes - Live
36. What's My Scene - Hoodoo Gurus
35. If You Could Only See - Tonic
34. To Her Door - Paul Kelly
33. Dreams - Van Halen
32. Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz
31. Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
30. Selling The Drama - Live
29. Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N Roses
28. Rush - Big Audio Dynamite
27. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
26. Helping Hand - Screaming Jets
25. All Over You - Live
24. Lump - Presidents Of The USA
23. Mysterious Ways - U2
22. About A Girl - Nirvana
21. Sex & Candy - Marcy Playground
20. Good Riddance - Green Day
19. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
18. All The Small Things - Blink 182
17. Shine - Colletive Soul
16. Alive - Pearl Jam
15. Daughter - Pearl Jam
14. Creep - Radiohead
13. Shimmer - Fuel
12. Better - Screaming Jets
11. Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
10. Betterman - Pearl Jam
9. Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
8. When I Come Around - Green Day
7. Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
6. Losing My Religion - REM
5. Mr Jones - Counting Crows
4. Come As You Are - Nirvana
3. Santa Monica - Everclear
2. Holy Grail - Hunters & Collectors
1. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz

Pink will be up there in a few years.

her songs were getting played about 7 times a day last year, is it still the same?

Pink will be up there in a few years.

her songs were getting played about 7 times a day last year, is it still the same?

On Fox they are and were, didn't think Triple M gave her that much of a run. They are hit and miss a bit MMM but I think they hit more than they miss. They're presenters are generally no good though.

MMM could actually be a decent station if they picked up a bit more on non mainstream rock, stopped letting a lot of wanky stuff get played and also stopped with people like Pink. They've got all the old classics (Nirvana etc) which they already play.

MMM could actually be a decent station if they picked up a bit more on non mainstream rock, stopped letting a lot of wanky stuff get played and also stopped with people like Pink. They've got all the old classics (Nirvana etc) which they already play.

Agreed. One thing I've noticed with K-Rock in Geelong is that while there's a lot of crap, they give young local bands a shot and some of the non-mainstream stuff that you'd hear a lot on JJJ.

MMM could learn from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I know the reason I don't listen to Triple M. Has anyone else noticed how similar almost all the songs on this list are.

Almost all from the 90's
All male (except Baby Animals...male band-female singer)
Almost all clasified as rock

What a poor excuse for a radio station.

I know there's a lot of commercial bashing and I for one despise everything but Triple M and Gold.

You must be referring to Triple M from 10 years ago, not the current incarnation. Other then the footy I wouldn't waste my time listening. I reckon if you compared their playlist from 10 years ago to last year, you'd be surprised at how much they've changed to a "commerical" station.

Pink on Triple M? Please.

Doing their 50 least played songs of the last 20 years on Friday. Should be interesting to see which list is better.

thats clearly not adelaide triple m, if it was, then i might actually listen to FM radio again.

triple m here revolves around queen, jovi, chisel, queen, barnsey, crowded house, pink, queen, nickleback....

Agreed. One thing I've noticed with K-Rock in Geelong is that while there's a lot of crap, they give young local bands a shot and some of the non-mainstream stuff that you'd hear a lot on JJJ.

MMM could learn from that.

I agree completely. Especially with triple J now playing a lot more hip hop, dance, indie pop, there's a market there which isn't covered by radio in Australia, and that's real rock and roll...

Triple M need to reinvent themselves like KROQ from LA. Still play the radio rock, most people love, but also embrace rock on the more alternative side of things. Play good rock music essentially.

Here's their most played for 2008

http://kroq-data.com/kroqnow/topbands07/index.asp

You must be referring to Triple M from 10 years ago, not the current incarnation. Other then the footy I wouldn't waste my time listening. I reckon if you compared their playlist from 10 years ago to last year, you'd be surprised at how much they've changed to a "commerical" station.

Pink on Triple M? Please.
I think the Veronicas even get a run on Triple M these days, so much for a "rock" station...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back