Rumour Troy Menzel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know if I want Troy because his brother Daniel had a better first season (I'm counting 2011 because he had 3 games in 2010) than Chad Wingard did last year in his second, imagine if Daniel has played these last 3 years? I think Wingard is the best young player in the competition. Safe to say Menzel would be our best player in our squad if he was never injured

Ummm rumour on other sites that news reports that Troy is on for the Cats next year.

MM would not be so stupid would he? What would Carltank want in return?

Ummm rumour on other sites that news reports that Troy is on for the Cats next year.

MM would not be so stupid would he? What would Carltank want in return?

Hopefully not much and they do it out of the love that 2 brothers have for each other in wanting the chance to spend 1 year (minimum, depending on Dan) at the same club.

This is what Troy said today:

Carlton's rising star Troy Menzel is confident he will remain with the Blues as contract negotiations continue.

''We’re going to get something done in coming weeks. I'll definitely stay,'' he said on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ith-carlton-20140708-zt07s.html#ixzz36rrYde6y

"I want to stay at Hawthorn - I love the footy club, they've been a great football club for me for nearly nine years," Franklin said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-07/i-want-to-stay-at-hawthorn-buddy/4871000

7 Aug last year - don't believe everything that is said, until a contact is signed words mean very little

Welcome to Geelong Football Club then, Troy. :rolleyes:

Its the same as these rumours of Troy coming to Geelong - they mean very little until a trade is done & a contract is signed that actually brings him to the Cats.

It is more likely he will stay at Carlton, but how many players in the past have said that they are going to stay and they love the club, only to turn around and go elsewhere come seasons end? Not saying that is the case here, just wait & see what actually happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good a player as Troy is I'm not sure he should be our first priority. Firstly a trade for him would undoubtedly involve our first round pick which I think would be better directed to drafting a KPD or inside midfielder.

Secondly, by drafting Troy we are effectively giving up on Dan aren't we? Both very similar players. With Vardy to come back in as a tall forward allowing Kersten to play that 3rd forward role, do we really need another flanker on top of Dan?

Thirdly, but perhaps less important, is the slight concern that he is a "Menzel". Those guys don't have great knees you know.

Come on CE , how longs the contract? Surely we can keep it open for the next 2 or 3 years.

Reopen the thread about 3 - 4 months from the end of each of his contracts until he decides to retire?

Come on CE , how longs the contract? Surely we can keep it open for the next 2 or 3 years.
I haven't been around as long as many of you BFers, but I thought that was the point. And occasionally throw in a curve ball of a name like - oh let me see - Brown, TV, Dawson, HMac, Blitz - stir the pot a bit and sit back.

Or have I misunderstood?

Ridiculous. As if the blues would even consider parting ways with a bloke that can kick goals.

I mean, since Eddie Betts was traded and Fev got the arse and before that they gave away Kennedy.........

I don't know if I want Troy because his brother Daniel had a better first season (I'm counting 2011 because he had 3 games in 2010) than Chad Wingard did last year in his second, imagine if Daniel has played these last 3 years? I think Wingard is the best young player in the competition. Safe to say Menzel would be our best player in our squad if he was never injured

I think that Wingard isn't even the best young player in the Port team. I reckon Ollie Wines has him covered. Wouldn't have said that last year but in his small fwd role he's become a real packskirter. Needs to toughen up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back