True Blood Season 7 *Spoilers*

Remove this Banner Ad

I only started watching in season 6, just jumped on board as the Mrs was a fan of it. I don't mind it, don't understand the backstories of the characters though. Are the first seasons a whole lot better? Because I have to say I don't mind it.

Wonder if I have killed it now though having seen so many last season spoilers.

I only started watching in season 6, just jumped on board as the Mrs was a fan of it. I don't mind it, don't understand the backstories of the characters though. Are the first seasons a whole lot better? Because I have to say I don't mind it.

Wonder if I have killed it now though having seen so many last season spoilers.

It's never been a premium show but definitely it was better early on the first 2 or 3 seasons, it went drastically downhill from there, a lot to do with the intro of fairies etc. it got a bit silly from then on which killed the darker aspect of the show IMO. Was much better as just a straight up Vampire show

I'm not minding the last season, falls into the trap of the others though, that of focusing on the less interesting story lines, namely Sookie and Lettie Mae n s**t. Don't know if it's changed that much since the first few seasons and perhaps that's the problem; it hasn't really evolved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was worth it for this.....

11ihg6v.jpg

"It’s so, so, so, so silly, yes, but it’s biggest sin is that it’s boring. That’s the biggest sin of this entire final season, really: It was all just so boring. True Blood was often a structural mess, it often followed tertiary characters down long paths of nonsense that never really lead anywhere, it often seemed to have no idea what to do with the few strong main characters it had. But in its prime, it was never boring."

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/true-blood-thank-you-208490

Couldn't have summed it up better, really.

Overall terrible last episode apart from Erics involvement. Not showing Sookie's husband/boyfriend at the end was probably the only clever symbolism...and even then cmon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back