True Crime

Remove this Banner Ad

Another story. ..more plausible. ..Crime researcher Alan Whitaker has written a new book

THE Satin man: uncovering mystery of the Beaumont children

A prominent businessman (dead 10 years) has been named.

I can't do links on my phone ... will do later.

Mid July ch9 ACA Story. ...
Blog on book review...

It is such a tragic story and it is sad that News Ltd felt the need to dredge it up with this absurd claim.

It is such a frightening story and echoed only a few short years later with the Radcliffe-Gordon disappearance. Then the Family murders another decade on.

von Einem, Derek Percy, we will probably never know what happened or who committed the crime. So many shadows over Adelaide and so few prepared to shine a light.

Sorry to be the one to break the news footyhead but Con has long since shuffled off the mortal coil.

They disappeared 40 years ago today, 25 August 1973, from a North Adelaide v Norwood final at AO.

Not sure, but I recall there was a bit of a "scandal" a few years ago when he was supposedly getting some type of "preferential treatment", was reported in the local press. I'm thinking that may have had something to do with the move from Yatala.

They found sex stories involving minors or sex drawings involving minors in his cell. Can't remember if they said he was writing/drawing them though.

Greg Von Einem played at Burnside-Kensington at one stage. Was a very good footballer.

I'm not sure about Burnside Kensington, but I reckon he played at Greenacres when they were Div 2 or something....always remember seeing his name in the best players on a sunday morning!

Yeah, former school teacher Dieter Pfennig who is currently serving a life sentence for the murder of 10 year old Michael Black in 1989 and for the abduction and sexual assault of a 13 year old boy in 1990. This creature is a sick predator of the highest order.

I have little doubt senior police officials, doctors and politicians were involved with the family.

I remember being a kid at a function being held by a wanna be mafia and infamous restaurant owner of the 80s.

The atmosphere was fun, then all of a sudden the mum's roughly grabbed the kids and locked us all in a bedroom.

Apparently some of the "family" had just arrived. To protect the kids, we were hidden away until they left.

Afterwards, an Aunty explained to me what had happened and why. I was quite young at the time but I remember her saying it was a large group of pedeaphiles with a smaller more sinister group.

She also said as each investigation started to draw leads the the team was replaced by senior police.

I appreciate she would have received this second hand from police sources who dinned at the infamous Italian restaurant with two whore houses. But the mafia and cops had a pretty cosy relationship back then.

This story was also confirmed by a family friend who new one of the pedeaphiles who was chopped up and stuck in a freezer (near park side). I remember he was an architect and apparently discussed turning himself in and obviously some people weren't that keen on his idea.

It amazes me that all these years later with all the speculation, it appears we are no closer to any arrests. We'll apart from Von Einem perhaps. But there appears to have been none of the "high standing" community members being brought to justice. That's how it appears anyway, perhaps reality is different.

It's almost as if there is an acceptance that pre 1990's was a different era and we almost have to accept that this is how things happened in that era. And that it's all "too hard" to do much about it now. The Dr Duncan drowning, although a little different in its nature, is probably a case in point too.

The murder in Glen Osmond was quite notorious. I think of it pretty much every time I go along that road, and in particular when I see that house, which stands out a bit as the roof is somewhat pushed down.

I thought the one who was chopped up and put in the freezer was a lawyer? A young bloke who used to go to my school was charged for doing it

I thought the one who was chopped up and put in the freezer was a lawyer? A young bloke who used to go to my school was charged for doing it

yep, I just went back and did some reading.

He was definitely a lawyer. I think I got the architect thing from the design of the home.

It is 30+ years ago now and I was pretty young back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was friends and in the class of one of the sons of the Carolyn Matthews killing. It was a pretty traumatic experience, we had to have counseling before the son we were friends with came back to school. Before Kevin was charged he turned up to a party one of the other kids were having. Bone chilling stuff.

It still freaks me out that a psychiatrist can be a nutter/murderer.

Re the "Snowtown" murders, one of the victims used to come into work months before he was killed. It was an eerie feeling hearing what had happened to him.

Pretty difficult to say which of those crimes was the worst, most were just absolutely horrific and barbaric.

A lot of people laugh at Americans being sentenced to 400 years jail - but at least the worst of the worst will never get out.

I'd like to see something similar here, although just for the most serious offenders. If they commit a horrible crime of violence, they should not be released (I'm not saying throw away the key for all offenders,just the very worst).

I have little doubt senior police officials, doctors and politicians were involved with the family.

Never mind the politicians and doctors, what people should be most disgusted with is that senior police not only protected/continue to protect these sickos, but some of those sickos WERE the senior police. It's still a very touchy subject for them apparently, one of those things you know about, but just don't dare say anything because of what could happen to you.

She also said as each investigation started to draw leads the the team was replaced by senior police.

Don't doubt that for a second.

And just think these are the crimes we know about. If these people were going after regular kids and people, how many homeless kids and people did they also go after? I hate to say it but there offending is probably far worse then we know.

Anyone heard the stories of the son of a certain wealthy property tycoon who entertains a few judges and other high society types? If nobody knows, I wont say anymore. But if you know what I'm talking about..feeling disgusted doesn't describe it.

It amazes me that all these years later with all the speculation, it appears we are no closer to any arrests. We'll apart from Von Einem perhaps. But there appears to have been none of the "high standing" community members being brought to justice. That's how it appears anyway, perhaps reality is different.

It's almost as if there is an acceptance that pre 1990's was a different era and we almost have to accept that this is how things happened in that era. And that it's all "too hard" to do much about it now. The Dr Duncan drowning, although a little different in its nature, is probably a case in point too.

The murder in Glen Osmond was quite notorious. I think of it pretty much every time I go along that road, and in particular when I see that house, which stands out a bit as the roof is somewhat pushed down.

That house, near the Greenhill Rd / Glen Osmond Rd intersection, was torn down several years ago.

I was friends and in the class of one of the sons of the Carolyn Matthews killing. It was a pretty traumatic experience, we had to have counseling before the son we were friends with came back to school. Before Kevin was charged he turned up to a party one of the other kids were having. Bone chilling stuff.

Yes that would be very disturbing. Friend of mine went to a party in the 70s where everyone noticed a creepy bloke who had his arm in a sling . Ended up that it was James Miller who had recently survived the car crash that killed Chris Worrell. It was Millers sisters place and from memory they [ Miller and Worrell] had murdered one of the ' Truro ' victims there. Creepy stuff . Years later I befriended a fellow who was the husband of a woman named Debbie who died in the car crash with Worrell. He had met Miller and Worrell in prison but they got out before him and Worrell had started to hang around his missus which pissed him off big time. When my mate got out of prison he was on a mission to get Worrell but he took off to Mt Gambier with Miller and Debbie where he had the prang that killed him and Debbie which of course put a halt to the ' Truro ' murders. Small world.

That house, near the Greenhill Rd / Glen Osmond Rd intersection, was torn down several years ago.
Fairy enough. I must admit I haven't noticed it for a while (obviously there's a good reason why I haven't!).

I guess I think of the case when on Glen Osmond Road now, because of the fact that that's where the house was located.

Never mind the politicians and doctors, what people should be most disgusted with is that senior police not only protected/continue to protect these sickos, but some of those sickos WERE the senior police. It's still a very touchy subject for them apparently, one of those things you know about, but just don't dare say anything because of what could happen to you.

Don't doubt that for a second.

And just think these are the crimes we know about. If these people were going after regular kids and people, how many homeless kids and people did they also go after? I hate to say it but there offending is probably far worse then we know.

Anyone heard the stories of the son of a certain wealthy property tycoon who entertains a few judges and other high society types? If nobody knows, I wont say anymore. But if you know what I'm talking about..feeling disgusted doesn't describe it.

I can't say much on this topic but I have a close friend around 40yo who was brought up in foster care.

His mum lost it mentally and his dad disowned him and his siblings.

As a result they were all left to the mercy of the state and carers. One of his carers who was a kids tv personality and lived in north Adelaide did some hideous things to the him and his brother.

Apparently the kids were given some jewellery, wrist band or necklace, which signified to other paedophiles they were easy targets.

The sister now lives overseas and the brother committed suicide because of the trauma.

In response, to the brother's suicide, the friend invited the tv personality to perth with the intention of killing him. Fortunately he told me his intentions and life took a different course.

FTR the kids tv guy was part of the paedophile ring not one if the murderers.

And

If it wouldn't effect my friend, who has been through enough, I would name and shame the guy.

He was a lawyer - Derrence Stephenson (spelling?). He was a weird cat, he used to come into the Port Court on many an occassion when I was working there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back