The Ultimate Fighter TUF - Australia vs Canada

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the Aussie's pick up a win finally. I was impressed with both guys in that fight. Tyler seemed to have the advantage at punching range (Nordine hurting his foot probably helped here), while Nordine seemed to have the advantage in the clinch. Tyler's kicks were comically bad though... they looked telegraphed and painfully slow. If he can work that area of his game as well as his wrestling, he could be a terrific prospect in a few years.

Like FedEXFalls said, I too found a lot more respect for Nordine after the fight. He clearly did do damage to his foot, but didn't look to use it as an excuse and was very complimentary of Tyler in the hospital.

Could be one hell of a situation if he's in the finale, how do the UFC respond without ruining the rest of the season?

Think he needs to come straight out with an apology, make note of the fact that it was 18 months ago and a one off incident etc.

Kajan on twitter acting like it's the end of the world.

Wonder if we'll see SBNation add the apology to their article.

He's done all he can do for the time being.

Gotta love that fool calling him out before Tyler could even explain anything. Quick knee-jerk reactions always help situations.

Stupid thing for Tyler to do. That's it's come just after there has been political attention on the UFC as well makes it even worse... no doubt the Liberal's would have a field day with this if they ever did research in to the world of MMA. He's apologised and taken it down now, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ruined his chances of being in the UFC. Will be very interested to see how this is handled, particularly if he qualifies for the finale.

Somebody was real desperate to find that photo. Apparently it's 18 months old.

Don't know what Kagan's motives were for trawling through Tyler's instagram account, but Tyler should have been on top of this considering he knew months ago that he was going to be on a TV show shown around the world.

Have a feeling the UFC won't do anything significant. Like you said it was done 18 ******* months ago, the kid is 19 at the moment so was around 18 at the time. The UFC and Dana are not going to sacrifice a solid young prospect from a country that needs an MMA boost over something like this.

Every comment section on this s**t has made me shake my head so hard.

Have a feeling the UFC won't do anything significant. Like you said it was done 18 ******* months ago, the kid is 19 at the moment so was around 18 at the time. The UFC and Dana are not going to sacrifice a solid young prospect from a country that needs an MMA boost over something like this.

Every comment section on this s**t has made me shake my head so hard.
I tend to agree with this line of thinking.. But we'll have to wait & see.

One thing I will say is that at least it adds some sort of spice to the show. It's been painfully boring to watch, especially coming on the heels of Team Rousey v Team Tate.

This is actually the first season of TUF i've watched since Season 7(Or maybe it was 8?). It's been alright, not mind blowing, but not cringe worthy.
The first 2 fights were both fairly lopsided beatings, but the last 2 fights have both been quite competitive, and it's good to see the Aussies get on the board with a win.
As has already been noted here, there is quite a significant difference in the experience and quality of training the fighters have had prior to the show. As a Canadian, I can tell you that MMA is very big here, and is growing very rapidly. There are a number of high caliber gyms here in Canada now, and there's quite a bit of cross training with other elite level gyms in the US as well. Plus, with having a much larger MMA market in the country itself, and being so close to the biggest MMA market in the world, the level of competition these Canadian guys have fought is MUCH higher than what most of the Aussies have faced, and it's really showed thus far, especially in the striking department. In pretty much every fight so far the Canadian fighter has had much quicker, more technical striking than their opponents.
That said, I see a lot of very raw potential on this Aussie team, and while that potential probably won't manifest itself on this show due to simply only having a few weeks to work on things, if some of these Aussies end up getting into the UFC afterwards and can make their way into elite gyms in the US & Canada after this show, I think there's a couple of them that could develop into very good fighters in the UFC in the long run.
Also, the coaching aspect of this show has always been vastly overemphasized. As I said before, they only have a few weeks to work with these guys and the reality is there's only so much you can do in those few weeks. Great coaching can perhaps fine tune a few minor things here and there but no matter how good or bad the coaching is on this show, it really doesn't make that much of a difference, as the skill level the guys have coming into the show and virtually set at what they're gonna be throughout the show the minute they walk into the house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even Kajan says he would take it back now. It seems Tyler isn't the only one with a thing or two to learn eh.

EDIT:

Last edited:
I completely agree with the UFC's decision.

Racism shouldn't be tolerated and the fact this occurred 18 months ago shouldn't mean he goes unpunished. How you can leave something like that on your Instagram and not think twice about it... I don't know what he was thinking.

His explanation 'racism isn't funny I know that. It was a joke'. What?

Stupid for keeping it up there. The problem with racist jokes is only two types of people enjoy them, the enlightened and the bigoted. The problem here is the scope of interpretation, I don't doubt for a second he was joking but the printed word leaves too much room for mis-contextualizing.

A real shame, he was full of potential.

Interesting that someone went to all the trouble to find something out on this kid AFTER he beat one of the Canadian favourites

I want him to win it now

Well, the show is already completely filmed besides the Finale, and he's still got 1 more fight to go until he reaches that point, so who knows what will happen there, which brings me to my next point:

Since Dana has a luxury we don't, that being he knows who will be fighting in the Finals and who won't be, we can only speculate about what will happen/has already happened, but I think this is gonna go one of 2 ways:

1) If Tyler ends up losing his next fight(especially if he gets dominated), I got a feeling Dana will be sticking to his guns and cutting him from the Finale card and not offering him a contract afterwards. That said, if Tyler goes on to win a couple more fights outside the UFC afterwards, don't be surprised to see Dana give him another shot.

2) If Tyler ends up winning his next fight and advancing to the finals, don't be surprised if Dana makes an announcement soon afterwards that he's talked with Tyler and explained to him that while it may have been a joke, it's the kind of behavior that will no longer be tolerated and yadda yadda and have him reinstate Tyler. Dana is a lot of things(Many of them bad), but one thing he's not is stupid. He basically had no other option but to kick Tyler out once the main stream media got a hold of this story, otherwise it would have been a huge black eye for a company that is just recently broke into the main stream of North American sports. That's the kind of publicity the UFC doesn't need. That said, I doubt he'd be foolish enough to throw away a promising young fighter, in a market the UFC is desperately trying to break into, because he had an error in judgement when he was 17. This way he gets to play up his "tough on bullshit" persona that he loves to the media now, while also once the media attention has died down in a few weeks, he gets to play the role on generous Uncle Dana, giving the dumb young kid another shot.

That's how I think this will play out anyhow. Now we just have to wait and see how Tyler does against whoever he faces next.

Watching the show, it seems to me that Kajan and Tyler do harbour animosity towards each other. If that is true, perhaps Kajan was looking for a way to get Tyler off the show/out of the UFC. It happened 18 months ago, so what would possess Kajan to go THAT far through Tyler's Instagram account?

Also, is Kajan going to be told the same thing that Tyler was, in regards to his facebook post? That is counted as racism.

Watching the show, it seems to me that Kajan and Tyler do harbour animosity towards each other. If that is true, perhaps Kajan was looking for a way to get Tyler off the show/out of the UFC. It happened 18 months ago, so what would possess Kajan to go THAT far through Tyler's Instagram account?

Also, is Kajan going to be told the same thing that Tyler was, in regards to his facebook post? That is counted as racism.
Nothing will come of Kajan's posting

Walsh better hope any social media he has can stand up to scrutiny
Also he had better not have argued with an ex or anything

Nothing will come of Kajan's posting

Walsh better hope any social media he has can stand up to scrutiny
Also he had better not have argued with an ex or anything

I don't understand the UFC. Racism isn't tolerated, but several fighters have been busted with illicit substances, others for spousal abuse, some for assualt, criminal damages etc. and are still on the roster. I just don't get it.

I don't understand the UFC. Racism isn't tolerated, but several fighters have been busted with illicit substances, others for spousal abuse, some for assualt, criminal damages etc. and are still on the roster. I just don't get it.
Too me it was blown up by the Canadians to get rid of a competitor
Suppose if they cannot beat you in the cage they will trawl back through your history looking for s**t

Too me it was blown up by the Canadians to get rid of a competitor
Suppose if they cannot beat you in the cage they will trawl back through your history looking for s**t

And this is what it comes back to. Kajan and Tyler hate each other, reports suggest. This would have been Kajan's attempt to sabotage Tyler in the competition, and it is a very dirty ploy by the Canadian. He just cost Tyler a chance to follow his dream and it is funny because he has posted several racist pictures and thoughts as well. Perhaps Kajan is one of these people that believes racism only exists if it is targeted at a minority group, which is complete horse excrement. Racism is any thought or notion that alienates, denigrates or vilifies someone based on their heritage. His post of the "First Welfare Line" Is ABSOLUTELY racist. Guaranteed nothing will come of it, and it will just go to show how morally corrupt the UFC is.

And this is what it comes back to. Kajan and Tyler hate each other, reports suggest. This would have been Kajan's attempt to sabotage Tyler in the competition, and it is a very dirty ploy by the Canadian. He just cost Tyler a chance to follow his dream and it is funny because he has posted several racist pictures and thoughts as well. Perhaps Kajan is one of these people that believes racism only exists if it is targeted at a minority group, which is complete horse excrement. Racism is any thought or notion that alienates, denigrates or vilifies someone based on their heritage. His post of the "First Welfare Line" Is ABSOLUTELY racist. Guaranteed nothing will come of it, and it will just go to show how morally corrupt the UFC is.
Tyler is not signed by the UFC or for that matter an established talent.Looked good to me but he could use time at one of the good camps,think ATT,Alpha male etc

So it was an easy soft option by the UFC to cut Tyler

As for Kajan's racist posting UFC will do nothing

https://www.facebook.com/helptyler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back