Turnbull's Innovation Nation w@nkery

Perhaps some of their politicians do too. However it seems some of their business practises show their business ethics are perhaps as bad as ours, VOLKSWAGEN!

I see some of our union bosses in the RC dock. & rightly too, but why not some of the scum tax evaders & corrupt pricks who pose as pillars of society in the dock next to them.?

Hang 'em high!:cool:

you're right

corruption anywhere in society is bad. the volkswagen case, alan bond, the church all highlight that.

we need to stop protecting groups and hold them to account

Perhaps German business aren't run by same types we get here that think they need to fight the union and workers.

most employers want happy staff and alignment of interests as it generates the best returns for the organisation.

we have to build fences to protect our workers from violence and threats from union hired thugs.

I guess the question is, should we negotiate with criminal organisations and just say "bad luck employees, you are now at the mercy of criminals and their discretion to use violence"? surely employees should have a choice to join a union or otherwise and not join due to threats against them and their families.

Do you support violence, racketeering, stand over tactics and corporate sabotage? Would you fight to protect your employees under such circumstances?

most employers want happy staff and alignment of interests as it generates the best returns for the organisation.

we have to build fences to protect our workers from violence and threats from union hired thugs.

I guess the question is, should we negotiate with criminal organisations and just say "bad luck employees, you are now at the mercy of criminals and their discretion to use violence"? surely employees should have a choice to join a union or otherwise and not join due to threats against them and their families.

Do you support violence, racketeering, stand over tactics and corporate sabotage? Would you fight to protect your employees under such circumstances?
Every time I read your posts and your hate of unions, it makes me laugh. You have really got it bad. What did they do to you?

Every time I read your posts and your hate of unions, it makes me laugh. You have really got it bad. What did they do to you?

I don't hate unions. I hate the criminal elements that have a strangle hold over certain unions.

Do you find criminal activity that brutalises workers a laughing matter?

I think we want the same things for the world.....education, health, social welfare, great working conditions. Unfortunately our experiences are very different and I feel you see things for how you want them to be rather than how they are. So many of your positions are well meaning but absolutely cruel to those you stand to protect.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't hate unions. I hate the criminal elements that have a strangle hold over certain unions.

I think we want the same things for the world.....education, health, social welfare, great working conditions. Unfortunately our experiences are very different and I feel you see things for how you want them to be rather than how they are. So many of your positions are well meaning but absolutely cruel to those you stand to protect.
No one is for criminality. In unions or business. The latter being where it is arguably at it's most prolific. But no major political party wants to scare those horses. The Libs because that is their base. And Labor because of the risk of alienating that powerful, well organised and wealthy group with their access to a compliant media. That is seen as being politically counterproductive. Sad really.

They still make me smile, blah blah, blah.

No one is for criminality. In unions or business. The latter being where it is arguably at it's most prolific. But no major political party wants to scare those horses. The Libs because that is their base. And Labor because of the risk of alienating that powerful, well organised and wealthy group with their access to a compliant media. That is seen as being politically counterproductive. Sad really.

That's interesting as I have never had another business threaten workers with violence, racketeer, use stand over tactics, corporate sabotage etc

You'd have to be a fool to say there wasn't crime in business but you'd also be a fool to say that union crime isn't organised crime. I wonder which political base is a front for organised crime?

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
That's interesting as I have never had another business threaten workers with violence, racketeer, use stand over tactics, corporate sabotage etc

You'd have to be a fool to say there wasn't crime in business but you'd also be a fool to say that union crime isn't organised crime. I wonder which political base is a front for organised crime?
Really! Almost every week there's a story of someone litigating on the basis of threats by companies - either physical and or sexual. Wasn't someone awarded over a $1 mill just last week? Then there's the 7 Eleven workers threatened if they publicised being grossly underpaid and required to work extreme hours. Australia Post contractors too. Not hard to find if one looks with both eyes.;)

Not sure whether it's worse for there to be stand over tactics or companies who steal workers super then go into bankruptcy. Or those that take-in workers with dodgy investment plans ripping away all their life savings- then disappear. Or the big companies that wilfully market products fraudulently by, say, cheating the emissions pollution testing.......

Think you'll find it takes two to tango in industrial disputes. My understanding is that the Grollo group are a very unpleasant organisation to deal with - to put it politely. The building industry has a history of dubious characters on both sides of the fence.

Last edited:
unfortunately that shows you for who you really are
Keep going, I'm loving you meltdown and inability to see the othe side of business.
Have posted before that I have worked for rogues who went bankrupt and they didn't care too much about employees that lost their holiday, long service and super.
But hey, let's bash the unions. You are a joke.

Keep going, I'm loving you meltdown and inability to see the othe side of business.
Have posted before that I have worked for rogues who went bankrupt and they didn't care too much about employees that lost their holiday, long service and super.
But hey, let's bash the unions. You are a joke.

That's interesting given leave is first ranking and directors are personally liable for super

Really! Almost every week there's a story of someone litigating on the basis of threats by companies - either physical and or sexual. Wasn't someone awarded over a $1 mill just last week? Then there's the 7 Eleven workers threatened if they publicised being grossly underpaid and required to work extreme hours. Australia Post contractors too. Not hard to find if one looks with both eyes.;)

Not sure whether it's worse for there to be stand over tactics or companies who steal workers super then go into bankruptcy. Or those that take-in workers with dodgy investment plans ripping away all their life savings- then disappear. Or the big companies that wilfully market products fraudulently by, say, cheating the emissions pollution testing.......

Think you'll find it takes two to tango in industrial disputes. My understanding is that the Grollo group are a very unpleasant organisation to deal with - to put it politely. The building industry has a history of dubious characters on both sides of the fence.

I'm certainly not going to defend criminal behaviour in business.

That's interesting given leave is first ranking and directors are personally liable for super
You don't know as much as you would like others to think you know. Tax dept has first call, then if there is anything left...but there wasn't, stock was in bond.
By the way, apart from losing their business, the owners had well and truly organised their personal assets very nicely only to start up again after bankruptcy expired.
Give it up I doubt that you can justify you prejudice and branding of unions as criminals. There are a few good ones that hold businesses to account.

But you never really post much about them, you reserve it for unions. True colours!

I think if you go back you would find my stance very consistent in being anti-corruption in any aspect of life.

the reason why I highlight unions so much is:

1) they threaten people with violence, racketeer, stand over tactics and corporate sabotage.

2) this is something I have never experienced from any other organisation

3) I have the capability and confidence to smash through any nonsense in business from another organisation, especially a rogue businessmen. Not too mention I know who most are, so I just avoid them.

4) The reason why unions still have the power they do is because people are ignorant to their conduct or simply morally bankrupt and still support them. I simply can't fathom why people support their criminal behaviour. Can you?

You don't know as much as you would like others to think you know. Tax dept has first call, then if there is anything left...but there wasn't, stock was in bond.
By the way, apart from losing their business, the owners had well and truly organised their personal assets very nicely only to start up again after bankruptcy expired.
Give it up I doubt that you can justify you prejudice and branding of unions as criminals. There are a few good ones that hold businesses to account.

have a think about it.....if something goes bankrupt how much tax is to be paid?

there are rules about phoenix and profit shifting. I do concede this area needs a complete overhaul including protection for trading insolvent but more importantly tightening asset shifting and profit shifting.

Personally I would like to see it compulsory for employees to own shares in their place of employment. This would alleviate 90% of the issues as employees would know exactly what has gone through the till and exactly through the books. Our tax take would be higher and the alignment of interest between workers and owners is achieved.

In mining it is common to issue 5% of the companies stock each year to employees. The hooks are weighted but include safety, team KPIs, individual KPIs and share price. On top of that we have non-recourse loans to buy shares which means they benefit on the way up but protected on the way down

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm certainly not going to defend criminal behaviour in business.
Pleased to hear it. One would think from some of the posts here that it's only amongst the trade unions that criminal behaviour occurs. We all know that it's widespread in business too. Some balance - even some genuine investigation as to the extent - would be welcome.

Pleased to hear it. One would think from some of the posts here that it's only amongst the trade unions that criminal behaviour occurs. We all know that it's widespread in business too. Some balance - even some genuine investigation as to the extent - would be welcome.

Agree

ASIC is incompetent. The words I'd use to describe them are banned on BF.

let loose liquidators/ administrators a couple of merchant bankers and get rid of box ticking.

Have the findings delivered to parliament.

have a think about it.....if something goes bankrupt how much tax is to be paid?

there are rules about phoenix and profit shifting. I do concede this area needs a complete overhaul including protection for trading insolvent but more importantly tightening asset shifting and profit shifting.

Personally I would like to see it compulsory for employees to own shares in their place of employment. This would alleviate 90% of the issues as employees would know exactly what has gone through the till and exactly through the books. Our tax take would be higher and the alignment of interest between workers and owners is achieved.

In mining it is common to issue 5% of the companies stock each year to employees. The hooks are weighted but include safety, team KPIs, individual KPIs and share price. On top of that we have non-recourse loans to buy shares which means they benefit on the way up but protected on the way down
Can't see how having shares in a company that goes bankrupt helps employees.
I was posting about rogue employers that structure their business in a way that if the business fails, they still have considerable assets left.
You know the ones that you devote a paragraph or two to, yet fill the board with posts about corrupt unions.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

I do, I hate unions, especially the union involved in the construction/mining industry, they are bullies/thugs, and no better than bikie clubs. Actually, there isn't much difference - because most of them are made up by bikies. It is a real blight on this country to have bikies practically run the unions, and bully and intimidate everyone who disagrees with them. I hate the unions. I would like to see them abolished.

Can't see how having shares in a company that goes bankrupt helps employees.
I was posting about rogue employers that structure their business in a way that if the business fails, they still have considerable assets left.
You know the ones that you devote a paragraph or two to, yet fill the board with posts about corrupt unions.

Eyes and ears!

Perhaps employees would know and care about the business more and then assist authorities.

Oh and this mentality that employees don't have risk is so 1960s. Employees should have assets and income at stake.....gone are they day's trading time for money.

I do, I hate unions, especially the union involved in the construction/mining industry, they are bullies/thugs, and no better than bikie clubs. Actually, there isn't much difference - because most of them are made up by bikies. It is a real blight on this country to have bikies practically run the unions, and bully and intimidate everyone who disagrees with them. I hate the unions. I would like to see them abolished.

Agree

But the concept of a union is important and has positives.

The reality though is they are what you describe. Anybody associated with them should be recorded for future employees to review.

Information is power!

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree

But the concept of a union is important and has positives.

The reality though is they are what you describe. Anybody associated with them should be recorded for future employees to review.

Information is power!

The concept of unions does have its positives, but these thugs/bullies are just using those concepts (union principles) as justification for their behaviour. My thing is this, just because people run unions and preach to stand by union principles, that doesn't give them an unlawful right to do as they please - and use those principles as a justification to do as they please. These bullies and thugs have often acted outside of the law, and they have done so with their 'union' hats on. Its simply not good enough, and surely those who are in support of unions - see this?

The concept of unions does have its positives, but these thugs/bullies are just using those concepts (union principles) as justification for their behaviour. My thing is this, just because people run unions and preach to stand by union principles, that doesn't give them an unlawful right to do as they please - and use those principles as a justification to do as they please. These bullies and thugs have often acted outside of the law, and they have done so with their 'union' hats on. Its simply not good enough, and surely those who are in support of unions - see this?

You will find most organisations set up to "help" are infiltrated by unsavoury people as they can hide their motives.

Be it peadophiles in scouts and the church or criminals in unions. They prey on the vulnerable who have blind faith or worse......know of the criminal conduct but support it and sell themselves out for a few $s.

Back