Turnbull's Innovation Nation w@nkery

Remove this Banner Ad

The concept of unions does have its positives, but these thugs/bullies are just using those concepts (union principles) as justification for their behaviour. My thing is this, just because people run unions and preach to stand by union principles, that doesn't give them an unlawful right to do as they please - and use those principles as a justification to do as they please. These bullies and thugs have often acted outside of the law, and they have done so with their 'union' hats on. Its simply not good enough, and surely those who are in support of unions - see this?

Well, yes.

The same applies to any organisation. Its just that politics decrees what organisations get away with illegal/immoral/unethical activities, more than others.

Abbott went at unions tooth & nail. He was quite supportive of one G. Pell.

Well, yes.

The same applies to any organisation. Its just that politics decrees what organisations get away with illegal/immoral/unethical activities, more than others.

Abbott went at unions tooth & nail. He was quite supportive of one G. Pell.

I don't get how one can justify one because it happens in another

It exposes a lack of integrity.
That can also be said of Mr Julian Burnside.

Supports Refugees but also represented James Hird. Just because someone merely supports someone as a part of their job or in their social circle does not mean that they condone what they are doing.

Supports Refugees but also represented James Hird. Just because someone merely supports someone as a part of their job or in their social circle does not mean that they condone what they are doing.
Burnside is a lawyer. He is a paid professional. He was hired by Hird purely to best express his pav. He was not expressing his own pov. If anything, his integrity is intact as his priority is the law.

Abbott is a public figure. He's representing Australia. He's expressing his pov. A lack of integrity from the pm has a personal effect on the Australian public. A lack of integrity from the pm lowers confidence in the government. It's not the same.

Try again for a similar comparison.

Construction, and mining tends to be run by thugs, and bullies too. Gotta make it a fair fight.

Two wrongs make a right, eh? Lowest common denominator be damned, you have to be the example you want to set.

The truth is I cannot work on a commercial construction site as a labourer in this country without being made to join the union. Australia should stand for freedom of association and also freedom from association.

All should be held to account in this regard.

Two wrongs make a right, eh? Lowest common denominator be damned, you have to be the example you want to set.

The truth is I cannot work on a commercial construction site as a labourer in this country without being made to join the union. Australia should stand for freedom of association and also freedom from association.

All should be held to account in this regard.

Who has the power in this situation?

Who is the first mover?

Was it the unions who first started bullying capital or were unions a reaction to the disgraceful conditions of workers?

Crikey Power Raid you need to get out of the office more if you think the construction, mining and forestry sectors are somehow the innocent victim of union bullying. Sure, that union is full of some pretty dark characters but anyone with even a slight idea about the construction industry will tell you that if you don't have at least the threat of violence as bargaining power on your side, you're road kill. It's a crooked industry from top to bottom like the two other mentioned. Doing the financials is not the same as doing the deals on site.

Who has the power? In regard to construction funded by the taxpayer: not the taxpayer.

Every non-response is an attempt to legitimise a race to the bottom where one injustice is met with another outrage.

We've had Royal Commissions into the industry, but until a government finally says "a pox on both your houses, we're cleaning all of you up", then little will change. The companies get their business done and make their money, the union members receive extremely effective representation, and everyone else not in one of these two groups pays.

We've had Royal Commissions into the industry
Have we, though?

The Liberals RC into Unions seems to have been directed to target Labor leaders with very little evidence of wrong-doing. Gillard didn't have some paperwork. Shorten's Union received money from businesses rather than asking Union members to pay them for their work. Both have been cleared.

Royal Commissions are meant to be about improving society by fully investigating an issue. I don't know what has been learnt from this RC. It's being run by a Head who is heavily-linked with the Liberals and Abbott's own political history (e.g. Dyson recommended him for the Rhodes Scholarship).

It looks like a massive waste of an opportunity and a massive waste of money.

I wasn't just talking about the current RC. There was one earlier into the Building and Construction industry.

BTW, Gillard not having some paperwork is like a plumber not having pipes - it is essentially the entire job. Lawyers deal with paperwork. What does a lawyer do for setting up a fund if not paperwork? She may not have done anything especially illegal, but she wasn't doing her job properly.

I have problems with the current RC that I have stated previously.

Meanwhile, the two wrongs don't make a right point stands unchallenged.

Who has the power in this situation?

Who is the first mover?

Was it the unions who first started bullying capital or were unions a reaction to the disgraceful conditions of workers?

Crikey Power Raid you need to get out of the office more if you think the construction, mining and forestry sectors are somehow the innocent victim of union bullying. Sure, that union is full of some pretty dark characters but anyone with even a slight idea about the construction industry will tell you that if you don't have at least the threat of violence as bargaining power on your side, you're road kill. It's a crooked industry from top to bottom like the two other mentioned. Doing the financials is not the same as doing the deals on site.

what do you mean doing deals on site? The workers don't want to be associated with the unions and to protect them, we had to erect fences to keep the thugs out.

there is no deal between us and the unions unless the workers request it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope I have the wrong end of your point, but are you somehow saying I dont support union corruption RC because they went easy on Pell & his catholic/protestant/salvo mates?

I dont think you are FITH, so I'm sorry if I missed the point.

Otherwise:rolleyes:

that wasn't my point.

I'm just saying they are separate issues and one doesn't justify the other. both are warranted and both should be treated the respect they deserve.

That's interesting as I have never had another business threaten workers with violence, racketeer, use stand over tactics, corporate sabotage etc

You'd have to be a fool to say there wasn't crime in business but you'd also be a fool to say that union crime isn't organised crime. I wonder which political base is a front for organised crime?

Is it criminal to not pay taxes in the countries in which you operate in? I wonder which political base has protected such multinationals for a prolonged period and also accepted many donations from these reputable organisations? On a corruption scale, I think the unions and multinationals are both significant players. Unions have lost their way and their purpose and multinationals continue to screw anyone for a buck. Take Nestle's attempt to own water supplies.

that wasn't my point.

I'm just saying they are separate issues and one doesn't justify the other. both are warranted and both should be treated the respect they deserve.

Well of course they are, the point is they are both worthy of the utmost investigation. Its sad when 'some' people seem to focus on one issue & 'less' so on the other.

But thats vile politicians for you.

Well of course they are, the point is they are both worthy of the utmost investigation. Its sad when 'some' people seem to focus on one issue & 'less' so on the other.

But thats vile politicians for you.

If it were up to me, the church would be a banned organisation in Oz

Is it criminal to not pay taxes in the countries in which you operate in? I wonder which political base has protected such multinationals for a prolonged period and also accepted many donations from these reputable organisations? On a corruption scale, I think the unions and multinationals are both significant players. Unions have lost their way and their purpose and multinationals continue to screw anyone for a buck. Take Nestle's attempt to own water supplies.

I think this is another issue going over your head.

Because an opinion doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean it 'goes over my head'. I simply pointed out that corporations and unions are equally culpable for rorting, fraud, intimidation etc etc. whereas your only focus was on unions as an enemy to business.

go back and read your question and have a think about why its over your head

Given that your head is clearly entrenched up your own arse, I would assume that everything goes over your head.

I'll give you a hint

"Is it criminal to not pay taxes in the countries in which you operate in?"

perhaps have a think about it

I'll give you a hint

"Is it criminal to not pay taxes in the countries in which you operate in?"

perhaps have a think about it
Haven't you stated in the past that this is how you set your businesses up?

Please don't make me go through your past posts again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back