Analysis Turnover kings

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Turnovers are where the problem starts and finishes for us. I thought I'd put together just how bad it is, sorry I don't have the exact for the last two games, can somebody help out?

I also wish i could attribute turnover scores to individual players.

Round 1 v Adelaide 12.6.78
Round 2 v Brisbane 3.3.21
Round 3 v Port Adelaide 7.4.46
Round 4 v Geelong 3.10.28
Round 5 v Hawthorn 11.8.74
Round 6 v Richmond 6.10.46
Round 7 v Essendon
Round 8 v Fremantle 86

As you can see we set a new record for this year against Freo. The Geelong and Richmond games could've been a lot uglier if it wasn't for their bad kicking.

Meh it's how goals are scored in modern footy. Still a problem nonetheless, our midfield is s pretty bad at defending once they turn it over. Also turnovers create more turnovers and less scores as players lose confidence. Would be nice if we could string some wins together at some stage.

Bullet passes off HB straight to the opposition streaming through the corridor, how is this tolerated? In the running for our least disciplined player with the ball in hand at the moment.

Unfortunately your right. He has been very disappointing with the pill thus far in his career. Even his shot at goal last week was putrid, under no pressure.

Must have chewy on the boot.

It's no wonder we struggle. Most of Our half backs can't kick, and if they manage to float one on target, it's usually Gibbo or possibly atley at the fall of the ball. It's an efficient, hard working, turnover machine.

Meh it's how goals are scored in modern footy. Still a problem nonetheless, our midfield is s pretty bad at defending once they turn it over. Also turnovers create more turnovers and less scores as players lose confidence. Would be nice if we could string some wins together at some stage.

It's exactly how goals are scored these days which makes it unbelievable that the guys who turn it over are continually getting games.

It's time we cleared the decks and start again. Will be interesting to see if Mr Scott is still coach at seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putrid football is bred from putrid development, putrid training and putrid coaching.

The drop off in skills from last season is spectacular and they werent up to scratch last season in a lot of games!

The players in this team need to learn how to handball as much as they need to learn how to kick.
Some of the hospital handballing by the back half in particular are just dumb. How many times do we loop a high hospital handball over the top when theres an opponent on their hammer?

It's no wonder we struggle. Most of Our half backs can't kick, and if they manage to float one on target, it's usually Gibbo or possibly atley at the fall of the ball. It's an efficient, hard working, turnover machine.
It just shows us the sublime skills of NDS splitting the defence is sorely missed!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back