TV SHOWS AND SERIES'

Remove this Banner Ad

Those pawn shows are funny... The one with the family business in 8 mile area of Detroit is good fun..
The loons they get in their store are amazing.. i particularly enjoy it when the African American customers start fighting amongst themselves.. espec. the girls..
The crazy people are what I watch it for, haha. Plus the fights between the bitchy brother and the even bitchier sister.

He's in the ghetto in Colombia I'm pretty sure, the unfinished building is actually just in terrible condition being run by a gang who are keeping him there for the $10m pricetag on his head. Not sure who organised it yet though...
It's Caracas, Venezuela, I deciphered among the accents. Yes, it's somewhat confusing atm. Hoping it will get better. The plot is thickening, not in a good way. This is what happens when they keep shows going for several seasons. Reminds me of "Prison Break" - fantastic at first, but eventually I couldn't be bothered, no resolution in sight.

I was enjoying the remake of "V", until 10 dropped it after one season :mad:. Managed to get season 2 on DVD but the producers didn't make a third season, even though season 2 was left hanging.

It's Caracas, Venezuela, I deciphered among the accents. Yes, it's somewhat confusing atm. Hoping it will get better. The plot is thickening, not in a good way. This is what happens when they keep shows going for several seasons. Reminds me of "Prison Break" - fantastic at first, but eventually I couldn't be bothered, no resolution in sight.

I was enjoying the remake of "V", until 10 dropped it after one season :mad:. Managed to get season 2 on DVD but the producers didn't make a third season, even though season 2 was left hanging.
I assumed Colombia due to some Colombian flags painted on the walls in the building...

Never mind. I thought I heard Caracus.. but I wasn't sure. Anyways it's been quite confusing..
I get the feeling Peter has a thing for Carrie.. So that will be interesting.
It probably is Venezuela... I missed the first few minutes thanks to the Mrs needing to find out the contestant who got the boot on x factor :mad:

As soon as she showed up at his place I realised what was going on.

Why was she banging her head on the mirror then if it all a ruse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some great picks in there dogsofwar!
6 Feet Under was a pretty great show, fantastic acting (Rachel Griffiths and the Dexter guy as highlights) and one of the best endings to a series I've ever seen. The plot did get a little wayward in some parts, but overall it was a good'un.

For me, The Wire is the best show ever made by a lonnnnggg stretch. In fact I'd rate it a clear favourite of mine from any shows, movies or books I've ever read. The depth of the storyline is just amazing, it just keeps building and building. It was amazing how something that happened in s1 could affect happenings in s4. I have watched the whole thing through probably 4 times now. I will say though, it is a fairly hard show to get into which is part of the reason that a) it's not everyone's cup of tea and b) it never really got the critical acclaim I think it deserved (at the time of showing, it has been widely acclaimed since). The language and dialogue used in the show can be hard to pick up and also you need to really concentrate on everything that happens because it's not a show that makes things obvious to you. If you get into it though it really pays off, modern day Shakespeare imo.

Then I'd rate the following shows more or less in the next level down; The Sopranos, Arrested Development, Band of Brothers, Game of Thrones (best show in ages), Battlestar Galactica (new version), Seinfeld

More recently I've just finished Breaking Bad, and while I thought it was decent, I feel it was/is a little over rated. I wouldn't have felt like I missed out on anything if I didn't watch it.

Night Owl, Brody's not looking too flash ;). Everyone seems to be a double agent. Saul's wife's boyfriend, why isn't Saul more suspicious? I've got a feeling she might not last much longer.. :eek:
Yeah.. no-one is safe or who they appear to be. and it's very confusing at times Dogs_R_Us..
And poor Brody looks like a dogs supporter after a prelim.. lol.
I didn't think Peter would actually shoot..cos he loves Carrie..
I find the muslim interpreter a fascinating character..but not sure she will last !.. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back