TV SHOWS AND SERIES'

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished Breaking Bad last night, still gutted for so many reasons. What transpired in the last season, the fact there isn't a show I'll enjoy that much out there...

I wonder if Brody is REALLY dead ;)
Of course not. Don't be ridiculous dude. That looked SO FAKE. He obviously had a brace protecting his neck !!

They were just making a show of punishing the evil American..

Besides.... someone's gonna have to take care of that baby.. o_O

Finally got around to watching Game of Thrones, ripping through the ep's.
Up to S3, episode 8 at the moment

Anyone else watch Salem?

1-Sons Of Anarchy

2-Vikings

3-The Walking Dead

4-Breaking Bad

5-Workaholics

6-Dexter

7-Supernatural

8-Trueblood

9-Ghost Adventures

10-Ray Donovan

So there is my top TEN!
I rated them from 1-10 as best as I could. Anyone seen Its Always sunny in Philadelphia? Please let me know if its any good :)

1. Six Feet Under.
Each episode opens with someone karking it. The guy who runs himself over while picking up his newspaper, the woman who smacks her face into a street sign, the elderly gent who drives to the funeral home and passes away in the driveway, there are just so many ways to die.
But the show is all about characters. They are so different and just about cover every type of personality known to humanity. I'd guess anyone watching this series will align themselves with one or two of the characters. I'd loved the mother. She had a very conservative exterior yet she had a very contemporary nature which often exposed itself throughout the series. She cracked me up with her "* my legless grandmother" outburst. I also took a shining later in the series to Billy. What a total nutjob when he was off his meds, but not a bad guy when he was under control. Nate was an A-grade pussy, the self-centered, selfish daughter needed a good slapping (which she did get BTW).
I recommend this series to anyone if only for the last episode. That was personified finality.

2. Deadwood.
Absolutely ruined by HBO in the last series. It seems like unfinished business.
Politics, history, crime, sex, language, comedy, evil, violence. What more could you ask for?
So many characters, so many memorable quotes.
I dare anyone to compare Deadwood to anything else they have seen. Just to give you an idea about the language, check out this web page. http://www.thewvsr.com/deadwood.htm

3. Sopranos
Runs just behind Deadwood. Hard to split really as the themes are almost the same. Original? No, it's been done numerous times before but never to this level if excellence.

4. Awake
Not sure if this has been shown here but it is very clever and I'm still not sure of what's real and what's not. A guy leads a double life as a result of a car accident. In one life his son is killed, he and his wife survive. In the other life, the wife is killed. A one-off series which is eventually resolved. Well sort of. Depends which way you look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shameless (US) has drawn me in over 5 series. It tends to get bogged down on one character for a while but it's the type of show that never bores you as there is always something disgusting or repulsive just seconds away.

A friend of mine is a Scot and loaned me the Still Game series. Pretty good but you need the subtitles on :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back