TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure to be honest. Season 3 is the full 11 episodes and Season 4 is a 6 episode season which is just a bit of a wind up of the characters. Shouldn't have any trouble 'finding' it online. If you do, yell out and I'll try and get them to you somehow
Thank you so much.
As I have started series 2, does the story continue into 3 and 4?
Just wondering whether, I should stop until I get 3 and 4 as I hate not knowing.:)

Just finished watching the first series of 'the killing'.
Totally binged on it, don't know how I missed it.
Really got hooked, having a break before I watch second series.
Anyone else seen it?
Am loving Netflix and because I am with Optus, does not count against download. Win win.

Which ones Mags? the yank or the scando version. I watched the Danish one, and fell in love with the heroine, Sarah Lund (despite her annoying habit of going unarmed into dark basements)

saralund-2.jpg

Which ones Mags? the yank or the scando version. I watched the Danish one, and fell in love with the heroine, Sarah Lund (despite her annoying habit of going unarmed into dark basements)

saralund-2.jpg
The Yank one based in Seattle. Mireille Enos is the same, no gun.
Tell myself I am going to pace out the episodes and next thing I have watched four in a row.

Thank you so much.
As I have started series 2, does the story continue into 3 and 4?
Just wondering whether, I should stop until I get 3 and 4 as I hate not knowing.:)
I think I watched 1 & 2 well before the next 2. Having said that, if I had them all, I would've no doubt binged through the whole lot. Addictive.

saralund-2.jpg
Is it worth watching the Danish version after seeing the American version? I've made that mistake before with the UK versions of Broadchurch and The Tunnel. Didn't last through the first episodes of the American ones. Same with The Office actually. Can't watch the Yank version. It just doesn't seem right.

Is it worth watching the Danish version after seeing the American version? I've made that mistake before with the UK versions of Broadchurch and The Tunnel. Didn't last through the first episodes of the American ones. Same with The Office actually. Can't watch the Yank version. It just doesn't seem right.

From what I've heard, the first season's very similar so I'd think not. Not too sure about the subsequent series

Surely you make an exception for GOT. I too am not a big watcher of TV but GOT is nothing short of brilliant
The problem with GOT for me is that it has totally ruined the books. It's getting to the stage where I'm so disappointed that I probably won't even watch/read either (that is if he ever gets around to writing another book)

Ive never heard of GOT.. what is it? I struggle to watch any sort of TV if its not real. So i really only watch documentaries, sports. grand designs, lifestyle, history, discovery etc. Watching sci fi sidcoms on TV i feel like its a waste of my time. I don't feel as though i am gaining anything from it. I can watch a really good budget flick at the movies or on dvd but these TV shows remind me of low budget crap imitations.. ill give it a go until 15 minutes into the show my head starts to explode from the poor quality acting cheap costumes and high school scripts. Movies can do my head in as well.. say like 'good will hunting' one of my least favourite movies.. the script feels like an attempt at forceful banter and showboating.
You should watch The Wire then. It's about as close as fiction gets to the real thing, in fact I think some law schools in the US use it to teach criminal law and procedure.

The problem with GOT for me is that it has totally ruined the books. It's getting to the stage where I'm so disappointed that I probably won't even watch/read either (that is if he ever gets around to writing another book)

Just read all of Tolkien's scattered notes and stuff regarding Middle Earth. Much more interesting anyway! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't got around to reading the books yet but was told that especially in the last season the show has started to deviate quite a bit from the books. I really need to read them to get a better understanding of the characters. Problem is that in Turkey, English books can be quite expensive. Can find translated versions cheap but my Turkish is not at a high enough standard to read novels. I need to stop being a tight arse and just buy them.

Is it just me or do others also think that Tokien is tedious. Way too much unnecessary detail JRR. And what's with all the songs.

It feels like that unless you have a serious love for the world, and then all of that detail becomes the best thing ever. Tolkien is certainly not the 'best' writer when it comes to just technically.. writing.. but as usual his ideas and love for the topic wins over and is what makes it shine. Once you understand that I think it's a lot easier to read.

It feels like that unless you have a serious love for the world, and then all of that detail becomes the best thing ever. Tolkien is certainly not the 'best' writer when it comes to just technically.. writing.. but as usual his ideas and love for the topic wins over and is what makes it shine. Once you understand that I think it's a lot easier to read.
I found smoking a joint first made his stuff easier and more enjoyable to read :D
I could try your method though.

It's easier if you read the hobbit first and get used to the old ye English writing style imo. I still prefer the GOT books though and doubt I'll ever have the patience to read LOTR again especially with the movies available.

I haven't got around to reading the books yet but was told that especially in the last season the show has started to deviate quite a bit from the books. I really need to read them to get a better understanding of the characters. Problem is that in Turkey, English books can be quite expensive. Can find translated versions cheap but my Turkish is not at a high enough standard to read novels. I need to stop being a tight arse and just buy them.

Try ordering them from Amazon and getting them shipped from the US, price for the 5 book box set was quite reasonable, even when factoring in the delivery cost - I got mine 18 months ago from Amazon as buying here in Oz is just a rip off. Anyways, yes the latest season has deviated a bit more significantly from the book than has been the case in the earlier seasons for no real reason in my opinion. Doesn't add or improve the storyline in any meaningful way so why do it? Apparently both the TV series and the books will all end in the same place with the same outcome but the paths have diverged a little and given that the series has now overtaken the books and will finish before Martin completes the last book, I suppose the TV producers have a little more licence to do what they think works better.

GoT has been one of my favourites in recent years for both TV and reading, gets a big tick from me.

Try ordering them from Amazon and getting them shipped from the US, price for the 5 book box set was quite reasonable, even when factoring in the delivery cost - I got mine 18 months ago from Amazon as buying here in Oz is just a rip off. Anyways, yes the latest season has deviated a bit more significantly from the book than has been the case in the earlier seasons for no real reason in my opinion. Doesn't add or improve the storyline in any meaningful way so why do it? Apparently both the TV series and the books will all end in the same place with the same outcome but the paths have diverged a little and given that the series has now overtaken the books and will finish before Martin completes the last book, I suppose the TV producers have a little more licence to do what they think works better.

GoT has been one of my favourites in recent years for both TV and reading, gets a big tick from me.

ottoman

Book Depository is great and cheap as well (I think it's UK based), and has a pretty big selection from what I've seen. I would seriously suggest just buying a Kindle though, they're amazing (and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better to read on than some generic tablet/iPad/whatever). Books can then of course be acquired by alternative means too :)

ottoman

Book Depository is great and cheap as well (I think it's UK based), and has a pretty big selection from what I've seen. I would seriously suggest just buying a Kindle though, they're amazing (and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better to read on than some generic tablet/iPad/whatever). Books can then of course be acquired by alternative means too :)
Yeah I have been thinking about buying a Kindle. Great on holidays too. Very convenient.

Yeah I have been thinking about buying a Kindle. Great on holidays too. Very convenient.

Do it! They're not as nice to read as a real book but are very very close. Furthermore there are tools to convert ePub/pdf/other non compatible files to the .mobi Kindle format which means you're able to out just about anything on there. Of course if you convert something the formatting/spelling might stuff up a bit (mostly only with pdf's) but in general it's fine. Battery life is really good too and it charges very quickly.

From what I've heard, the first season's very similar so I'd think not. Not too sure about the subsequent series
I can't believe the emotions this series is evoking from me.
I am really concerned about Jack (although I can understand his mother's obsession with the case) and can't wait to see series 3 and 4.
Quality series and really recommend to others.

I can't believe the emotions this series is evoking from me.
I am really concerned about Jack (although I can understand his mother's obsession with the case) and can't wait to see series 3 and 4.
Quality series and really recommend to others.

Yeah, the first ep of the Danish version was so well acted (particularly the parents) that I was crying a flood. Was immediately hooked

Yeah, the first ep of the Danish version was so well acted (particularly the parents) that I was crying a flood. Was immediately hooked
Me, too, seriously, big lump in my throat, stomach churning. Don't think a series has affected me so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back