TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

The Brink. A new HBO comedy series with Jack Black & Tim Robbins. I've watched the first 5 episodes and I reckon its a pisser. Well worth a watch if you don't mind crude (mildly at times) comedy

The Brink. A new HBO comedy series with Jack Black & Tim Robbins. I've watched the first 5 episodes and I reckon its a pisser. Well worth a watch if you don't mind crude (mildly at times) comedy
You had me at crude but lost me at mildly.:(:D

Okay some new shows that I have watched and will not continue:

Limitless
Minority Report
Quantico

Other new shows that look interesting:

Blindspot
Heroes Reborn

Shows coming back in October:

Marvels Agents of Shield
Blacklist
Homeland
How to get away with murder
Sleepy Hollow
Arrow
Madam Secretary
The Good Wife

quarry2x.jpg

Can't wait for this! Loved the Quarry series of novels by Max Allan Collins, about a professional hitman written in the 70s. HARDBOILED!!!

Okay some new shows that I have watched and will not continue:

Limitless
Minority Report
Quantico

Other new shows that look interesting:

Blindspot
Heroes Reborn

Shows coming back in October:

Marvels Agents of Shield
Blacklist
Homeland
How to get away with murder
Sleepy Hollow
Arrow
Madam Secretary
The Good Wife
I might give Limitless another go. Agree on Quantico. 1 episode was enough for me. Blindspot is another I'll give another episode or 2 a go.

The Bastard Executioner looks promising. Same crew who did Sons of Anarchy. Another one I watched recently was The Wrongs Mans. British comedy. Not too bad and only about 8 episodes long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldnt find a movie thread, so ill post it in here.

Just watched the movie "Requiem For A Dream", it was a massive eye opener for my 18 year old self. One of those movies that changes you.

Currently watching the new seeasons of Homeland, The Blacklist, The Last Man on Earth, The Walking Dead, Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Struggled through the first episode of Gotham and haven't got to the rest of them yet. Not sure I'll bother as I'm finding it a real chore to watch.

Best thing I've done in the past twelve months re tv is to get onto Netflix. Being able to watch a whole series whenever I want is gold.

So here's the highlights for me:

Wet Hot American Summer
Freaks and Geeks
The 100 - waiting for the second season.
Friday Night Lights - currently 16 episodes into season 1.

Anyone agree?

Best thing I've done in the past twelve months re tv is to get onto Netflix. Being able to watch a whole series whenever I want is gold.

So here's the highlights for me:

Wet Hot American Summer
Freaks and Geeks
The 100 - waiting for the second season.
Friday Night Lights - currently 16 episodes into season 1.

Anyone agree?
Haven't ventured onto Netflix yet, but as for the shows- Freaks and Geeks was great. If you get a chance there is a bit of a spin-off type series called Undeclared. Basically a College version. I've watched Friday Night Lights through a couple times now. Its a terrific watch. I tried getting into The100. Both times I lasted about 2 episodes. Just not sure its my kind of thing. I'll look up the other one. Always looking for something new to watch. Any thoughts on it?

Season 2 of Fargo is on at the moment and is excellent imo. Also watching The Bastard Executioner, The Affair, Homeland and The Walking Dead.

Haven't ventured onto Netflix yet, but as for the shows- Freaks and Geeks was great. If you get a chance there is a bit of a spin-off type series called Undeclared. Basically a College version. I've watched Friday Night Lights through a couple times now. Its a terrific watch. I tried getting into The100. Both times I lasted about 2 episodes. Just not sure its my kind of thing. I'll look up the other one. Always looking for something new to watch. Any thoughts on it?

Season 2 of Fargo is on at the moment and is excellent imo. Also watching The Bastard Executioner, The Affair, Homeland and The Walking Dead.

I reckon Wet Hot.. is one of those shows that you'll love, shake your head at, or both. It takes a while to adjust to - purposeful overacting and ott bizzare comedy/drama. Kinda like Blades of Glory on steroids. Might be too "stupid" for many.

I reckon Wet Hot.. is one of those shows that you'll love, shake your head at, or both. It takes a while to adjust to - purposeful overacting and ott bizzare comedy/drama. Kinda like Blades of Glory on steroids. Might be too "stupid" for many.
I'll give it a go in that case. Over the top in a Blue Mountain State/Eastbound & Down kinda way? If so, I'm sure I'll get a laugh.

Finished Prison break, had the show ended after season 1, i dare say it would be regarded as the best show ever, but its still very good none the less!

I've been watching Homeland seasons 4 & 5 - I actually preferred the last two seasons to the first 3 which were a bit over the top. I'd give it 7.5/10.

The big news is that rumours of a Deadwood movie actually may actually have legs. If you haven't watched it, Deadwood was heading into GOAT territory until the writer's strike derailed the show. That they are talking about a movie to wrap up the series is huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back