TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched first couple episodes of Ressurection. Has serious potential. Im hooked.
Me too, love it.
Another one you can look at is Les Revenants (think it means they returned) - it a French show with sub-titles. Similar to Resurrection.

How I Met Your Mother finishes tomorrow. ARGH! I can't decide whether I'm happy to finally see how it ends, or sad to see it go. Happy-sad.:):(

Geez, when this show started I was just a young bloke who had finished high school, and I feel like I've grown with this show. It truly transcends your typical sitcom. It's so much more than that. To be able to have these hilarious, classic comedy moments, and then serious emotional scenes without it feeling corny is very hard to do, but they well and truly pulled it off.

I won't be able to watch the final episode until tomorrow night, and if anyone gives me spoilers, then watch out!:D

When this show started I was just about to enter high school and couldn't even watch the episodes because I had piano practice at 7 everyday :p

When this show started I was just about to enter high school and couldn't even watch the episodes because I had piano practice at 7 everyday :p
I discovered it by accident. It was on before My Name Is Earl, which I'd heard good things about, but I ended up enjoying the unknown "warm-up show" even more. The episode where Barney convinces Ted to lick the Liberty Bell and these series of images cemented it for me:
giphy.gif

Genius.:D:thumbsu:

I discovered it by accident. It was on before My Name Is Earl, which I'd heard good things about, but I ended up enjoying the unknown "warm-up show" even more. The episode where Barney convinces Ted to lick the Liberty Bell and these series of images cemented it for me:
giphy.gif

Genius.:D:thumbsu:
Yeah it was, on 7.

Also, Channel 10 would show new episodes of Simpsons around the same time.

Big Brother too, started at 7.

I know all this, because I never got to watch it :(

Yeah it was, on 7.

Also, Channel 10 would show new episodes of Simpsons around the same time.

Big Brother too, started at 7.

I know all this, because I never got to watch it :(
Yeah, every Thursday night. I think Big Brother 2006 started after the first season had finished airing, so I never had to worry about Big Brother running over-time and missing the start of HIMYM. That was when the Daily Show only went for 30 minutes. Now it's triple that!:eek:

I can't believe that it was 8 years ago now. Time flies.

Out of curiosity, do you still play piano, TheFreshBanana?

Aaaand today's the day. Happy-sad.
Nah I don't, I got up to grade 5 and quit.

I tried playing some before and haven't lost much touch but my theory has gone down the drain which makes it a bit harder. Defs not grade 5 ability anymore.

Planning on getting back into it though, just for fun this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the last episode of How I Met Your Mother.

That was one of the best episodes of this show ever...up until the last 5 minutes. Why'd they have to kill off the Mother? And then Ted hooking up with Robin again? Nooooo! That's not how the show should have ended! And it was going along so perfectly and then they did that. Damn. Sooo disappointing. Please be an April Fool's Day prank!

Goddammit! I can't stop thinking about it now. This is not how I wanted the show to end after all these years.:(

After they showed all of those flash forwards, they should have finished it by showing Ted and the Mother meeting at the train station and slowly zooming out. Fade to black. It would have been perfect.

Really disappointing after watching this show for almost a decade and getting frustrated by the constant Ted and Robin, "will they, won't they?" stuff. Beyond season 2, I didn't want them getting back together anymore. They pretty much hammered home the point that they're not meant to be together and then they end the show with it.

I wanted the ending to be happy and uplifting, but instead they kill off Ted's true love and put him back in a doomed relationship. How depressing.

I was going to start watching season 1 again tonight, and not to be dramatic, but I don't think I'm in the mood for it right now. Maybe in a couple of days.

Just watched the last episode of How I Met Your Mother.

That was one of the best episodes of this show ever...up until the last 5 minutes. Why'd they have to kill off the Mother? And then Ted hooking up with Robin again? Nooooo! That's not how the show should have ended! And it was going along so perfectly and then they did that. Damn. Sooo disappointing. Please be an April Fool's Day prank!

My thoughts

It was so obvious that the mother died for the whole season. Was constantly spoken about in past tense. Robyn and him getting back together i did not see coming but u know what the whole show was about her and him so i didnt mind it.
Loved Barney getting someone pregnant and then changing completely.
To be honest i watched the show over twice last night and i enjoyed it and have no problem with how it ended.
People saying its ruined the whole show and they feel betrayed need to get a grip. It could have been a epic flop of a finale like Seinfeld.

Pretty much my opinion and that of the majority.

The last minutes are a major blemish on the show.
I'm over it now. I'm never going to be satisfied with that ending, but it doesn't change the fact that it's one of my favourite shows ever.

It will be interesting to re-watch the show from start to finish knowing the events of the final episode. I wonder if they ever dropped any hints as to how it would end? Apparently they recorded the stuff with the kids back in 2007, so they must have known all this time how it would end (unless they originally recorded it to save themselves if the show got cancelled). It seems like something that they would do.

My thoughts

It was so obvious that the mother died for the whole season. Was constantly spoken about in past tense. Robyn and him getting back together i did not see coming but u know what the whole show was about her and him so i didnt mind it.
Loved Barney getting someone pregnant and then changing completely.
To be honest i watched the show over twice last night and i enjoyed it and have no problem with how it ended.
People saying its ruined the whole show and they feel betrayed need to get a grip. It could have been a epic flop of a finale like Seinfeld.
I thought I was being a little bit dramatic, but people have really lost the plot on Twitter. It might not have been the ending that I wanted, but I had a blast watching it over all these years regardless.

Apparently there's going to be a spin-off show called 'How I Met Your Dad'. It's unrelated to the events of HIMYM. Could be interesting.

And I always kind of liked the ending to Seinfeld. It was such a weird way to end the show - and it was pretty clever the way that a "show about nothing" ended with the characters being thrown in jail for doing nothing.:p That kind of ending works with a show like Seinfeld and not many other shows. A lot of people hated it, so I guess I'm in the minority there.

Nah I don't, I got up to grade 5 and quit.

I tried playing some before and haven't lost much touch but my theory has gone down the drain which makes it a bit harder. Defs not grade 5 ability anymore.

Planning on getting back into it though, just for fun this time.
I missed this post amidst the How I Met Your Mother stuff.

In Grade 5 I was made to play the recorder in music class. Seriously one of the worst instruments ever. Such a shrill, piercing tone. It just kills any musical interest for kids. They had a drum kit in the class room, but never allowed anyone to use it, even though I really, really wanted to. It's taken me until a year ago to buy a drum kit and start learning.

You should get back into it. Theory is a good thing to know, but it's not essential. Jimi Hendrix was totally self-taught and had no understanding of theory and he's the greatest guitarist of all-time. Same deal with Paul McCartney, and he's one of the greatest songwriters of all-time. I've learned lots and lots of theory in my free-time, but it actually kind of got me stuck in certain patterns, so I've mostly thrown it out the window. You're never going to create something unique by following all the "rules". And it's awesome that so many people have free lessons on YouTube available now, so it's easy to teach yourself for free. The main thing is just working out the scales and chord shapes. My keyboard has it built-in, so it's pretty easy to work it all out.

My main instrument is guitar, but I've been messing around on the keyboard for the last year or so and have started to get pretty good at it. Few things make me happier than discovering a new melody or chord progression or riff. Even just getting a couple of effects pedals and seeing a whole world of sound opening up in front of you is amazing. Get a synth and make crazy-ass noises.:D

Or learn a couple of chords on guitar and get chicks. Always a good option.:p

Wow, that went off-topic!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back