Help Tweets not showing

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see them in firefox, not in Chrome. Doesnt really bother me, but if its still widespread this may help.
Am using Chrome right now. Can see the above. Suggest wiping entire internet and rebooting.

So it seems to be centralised to Chrome.

I ran through some troubleshooting, "Ad Block" and "Ad Block Plus" on/off didnt affect it.

However, "Disconnect" does block the tweets.

1. Click Disconnect Icon in the top right corner.
Press the Visualise page button.

Um9qcYa.png

2. [Notice the empty space where the tweet should be] Click unblock tracking sites.

JxmOWFt.png

3. After clicking unblock tracking sites, refresh the page and the Tweet should show up.
ywBXmy0.png

Alternatively, before clicking Unblock tracking sites, look for the Twitter bird icon in the right hand side and click it, the site should unblock while leaving the others blocked.

I don't get how you say it is centralized to chrome and then prove how its an addons fault...
I more meant, that I've only seen reports of it happening on Chrome.
Never the less the same steps should work on Firefox etc if you have Disconnect add on.

I haven't been able to see any embedded tweets (and maybe other media? Not sure) for about a day, but judging by the way others are quoting the offending posts, I'm guessing this isn't a widespread issue.

The exact same thing happened to me a while ago. I didn't change anything and it resolved itself after about a week for some reason.

I haven't been able to see any embedded tweets (and maybe other media? Not sure) for about a day, but judging by the way others are quoting the offending posts, I'm guessing this isn't a widespread issue. Any ideas? Running Chrome on Windows 10.
Which style are you running?

Any luck Chief? All other forms of media seem fine but tweets just come up as blank space.
I need to get access to a Win 10 computer - the only one we have is my son's school laptop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to have just fixed itself out of nowhere. I'll keep you updated if it happens again.
They are incredibly slow to load. Is it possible you're just giving up and scrolling by before they do finally load?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back