FTA-TV Two And a Half Men

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole funeral scene was just plain mean spirited, which would have been fine if it was funny but Chuck the grudge Lorre had some of the ex girlfriends saying stuff completely out of character for their past roles just to stick the boot in.. it was pretty small stuff indeed Chuck

Even Evelyn is only funny because deep down she loves the boys in her own narcissistic way.. it was cheap stuff

The whole funeral scene was just plain mean spirited, which would have been fine if it was funny but Chuck the grudge Lorre had some of the ex girlfriends saying stuff completely out of character for their past roles just to stick the boot in.. it was pretty small stuff indeed Chuck

Yup seems Charlie was right about Chuck. I agree it was quite nasty & out of place on a light hearted sitcom. Would have been a better idea to say Charlie was in rehab or something which would have left the door open for him to return.

Comedy is probably the only thing in life that I am slightly snobbish about
I have never sat through an entire episode of TAAHM or HIMM and dont plan to

Agreed. As Andy Millman famously described his dreadful production 'When The Whistle Blows', it's comedy for people without a sense of humour.

Dumbed-down, shallow, lowest-common-denominator drivel for the great unwashed.

From Richard Lawson of Gawker Media, via Wiki:

"Lawson was displeased with the task of the show having to juggle both Charlie's death/funeral, and the introduction of Walden Schmidt all in one episode. Lawson noted that while Kutcher could fit in, 'without Sheen's teetering-on-the-brink-of-oblivion verve complimenting the shows tit jokes, dick jokes and fart jokes, occasionally peppered by quips delivered by determinedly non-sexual women characters, the show would be pointless'"

Oh dear!...we tried to like it, but have only managed to watch about 3/4 of it.....couldn't stand the "oh poor me" babyish/useless attitude they have Ashton playing..

The americans might go for that kind of thing, but can't see upbeat aussies liking it unfortunately..

Will probably give it one more chance next week.....will need to improve big time though IMO

Yep she was Herb's sister, the show really is for idiots.

The first few seasons were great i thought, but the last few have been really crap and this is no different. Ashtens character is awful, just like jake's has been since he got as tall as the adults. Allens been pathetic too for a few seasons.

Its like the perceived IQ of the audience gets lower every season, to compare it to TBBT is offensive.

Kutcher was never funny in that 70s show either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liking the first few episodes, hasnt gone backwards thats for sure. Actually look forward to it of a Tuesday night now

They like to double up on actresses a lot. Chelsea was some random **** in an early episode and I think Megan Fox was in an ep before being Berta's grandaugter.

To no one's surprise the show sucks without Charlie. Just end the show it's had it's run. Sometimes you just have to know when to stop something.

To no one's surprise the show sucks without Charlie. Just end the show it's had it's run. Sometimes you just have to know when to stop something.
Must admit, thought the first episode was ok. But the 2nd & 3rd have been very ordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back