Tyrone Vickery 'bump' Where will the MRP wheel of fortune land?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it was really a bump. Clashed with Jamison.

Possible outcomes:
0 weeks
1 week
8 weeks
Life suspension

The concussion was almost incidental to the bump. The bump was legit (apart from distance from the ball) and it was the subsequent whiplash of the head/s and head clash that caused the injury.

That said, TV has to own it, and will probably miss a few weeks.

If he gets any weeks he will get +1 for having been suspended twice last year. Careless high contact gets you 2 weeks for high impact, 1 week for medium. So unless they decide it wasn't a bump at all or some such he's looking at 2+ weeks. He could end up getting more than Adams which doesn't really seem right to me.

Maybe if people hadn't sooked about Lindsay Thomas's bump, it would be zero, as it should be for an accidental head clash.

As it is, 3 down to 2 (player subbed so impact high at a minimum) and Ty has a bad record, so maybe 3 straight.

Shouldn't get a thing as he didn't leave the ground and head contact was accidental. However we know injury not the act is the main deciding factor these days and he did look at him. Given buddy got one week for worse I'm going with life and the stripping of Richmonds points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jami was taken to hospital but was in the rooms after the game I believe. Could he possibly have been subbed thinking his injury was worse than first thought? If so it might offer TV some hope.

Shouldn't get a thing as he didn't leave the ground and head contact was accidental. However we know injury not the act is the main deciding factor these days and he did look at him. Given buddy got one week for worse I'm going with life and the stripping of Richmonds points.
Please note: I believe what Franklin got was fair.

Franklin's: On the ball. Didn't get off the ground. Player played full game. 2 down to 1
Vickory's: Off the ball. Didn't get off the ground. Subbed out and went to hospital.. 3 down to 2.

Don't act hard done by. Vickory deserves 3. Elected to bump. Got him high. Plus it was off the ball

Let's accept that it was accidental.
Does that mitigate the fact that he hit an unsuspecting player high?
He was deliberate in his attempt (probably to wind him) and caused said player concern about being concussed.
I don't care if it was a West Coast player who was facing a report I don't want to see that sort of thing encouraged over 50 metres away from the ball.
I think the duty was on Vickery once he decided to initiate contact. He was clumsy, he should be punished.

Let's accept that it was accidental.
Does that mitigate the fact that he hit an unsuspecting player high?
He was deliberate in his attempt (probably to wind him) and caused said player concern about being concussed.
I don't care if it was a West Coast player who was facing a report I don't want to see that sort of thing encouraged over 50 metres away from the ball.
I think the duty was on Vickery once he decided to initiate contact. He was clumsy, he should be punished.
Not really, it was a legal block that you see numerous times a game. Vickery didn't apply force to it, he just stood there while Jamison ran into him with no spatial awareness.

Not really, it was a legal block that you see numerous times a game. Vickery didn't apply force to it, he just stood there while Jamison ran into him with no spatial awareness.
Bullshit. Of the blocks that you see numerous times in a game, how many result in concussion?

Bullshit. Of the blocks that you see numerous times in a game, how many result in concussion?
Very small %

Wasn't there a Brisbane player that was concussed last year after getting the ball kicked into their head? You want kicking the football removed from the game as well?

Please note: I believe what Franklin got was fair.

Franklin's: On the ball. Didn't get off the ground. Player played full game. 2 down to 1
Vickory's: Off the ball. Didn't get off the ground. Subbed out and went to hospital.. 3 down to 2.

Don't act hard done by. Vickory deserves 3. Elected to bump. Got him high. Plus it was off the ball
wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back