Tyrone Vickery 'bump' Where will the MRP wheel of fortune land?

Remove this Banner Ad

well he certainly didn't just stand there
I think you should watch it again because when contact is made that's basically what he's doing

I've already said plenty of times I think he'll probably get suspended, but people calling for heaps of weeks are just being malicious and ignorant

Richmond supporters in this thread sound a lot like Russian car accident scammers, jumping out in front of a moving car and claiming the car hit them.

Richmond supporters in this thread sound a lot like Russian car accident scammers, jumping out in front of a moving car and claiming the car hit them.
Should Vickery have just let the totally unaware Carlton player run into him, he was virtually stationary and it was an accidental head clash not a high bump, he will probably get weeks but really shouldn't.

Don't most pedestrian accidents with cars occur by them accidentally walking in front of a car, if the car was chasing them it would be attempted murder/manslaughter.

This farce is all due to the Lindsay Thomas - Ben Reid head clash that got off. But it's wrong is so many ways. Vickery has no real alternative like some 'bumps'. He doesn't go high. He doesn't maliciously take him out. He simply props like a basketball screen.

They've really compounded it with the bad record as well which isn't fair considering this was completely incidental contact.

He has to challenge. At worst the tribunal should downgrade it and see him get no worse of a result.

You can make the case for a fine or maybe 1 week penalty for Vickery (somehow) not being cautious enough, but no way can he get 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a clumsy block. I think 3 down to 2 is harsh even given a bad record. Reputation probably added a week as did Jamison not playing on. Fyfe would be lucky to be suspended for the same incident. I don't like the outcome over the action ruling what players get suspended for.
Fyfe was rubbed for more just last year for a lesser incident...

The only non-Richmond people commenting here appear to be WC and Carlton supporters - oh and cue a Swan supporter who thinks it was "spot on" for Vickery to get 2 weeks for an accidental head-clash during a block while Buddy got only a week for what he did to Edwards.

The only non-Richmond people commenting here appear to be WC and Carlton supporters - oh and cue a Swan supporter who thinks it was "spot on" for Vickery to get 2 weeks for an accidental head-clash during a block while Buddy got only a week for what he did to Edwards.

Buddy got 2 weeks, and he had not been suspended for ages hence he got a reduction from 2 to 1. They are exactly the same charges. It isn't Buddy's fault Vickery can't stop doing silly things

And you honestly think the incidents are comparable? Well, obviously you do, which reveals how bias can cloud judgement.

Don't hit blokes high off the ball, simple actually.

Just cop the 2, Vickery will hopefully learn from this. Itnisntna big deal, Richmond surely can cover him anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back