Tyrone vickery vs Kurt Tippett

Vickery or tippett

• Vickery at 400k

Votes: 59 53.6%
  • Tippett at 900k

Votes: 51 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how you defy my statement then give evidence of it being true.

Another example from my own club... Craig Bird is currently being paid 300k+ to play in the NEAFL. GWS are paying Jed Lamb decent money to do the same. There's also a millionaire playing VFL footy at the moment.

I'd consider that worse value than paying 800k for Tippett and I'm sure there'd be plenty of other clubs with players on decent money who are playing terribly or can't even get on the park.

I understand the premise of the comparison and I'm not here to argue that Tippett on 800k is better value than Vickery on 400k but to suggest he's only marginally better than Vickery is crazy.

I honestly don't think there is much in it at all. Vickery is also younger . And will only improve from here. Things have started to click.

If you're going to include wage you should probably include the draft cost of each player.

Sydney got Tippett for a PSD pick and Richmond got Vickery for pick 8 in one of the best drafts of all time. So its not as simple as 800k vs 400k

If you're going to include wage you should probably include the draft cost of each player.

Sydney got Tippett for a PSD pick and Richmond got Vickery for pick 8 in one of the best drafts of all time. So its not as simple as 800k vs 400k

draft position is a sunk cost.

We are talking about ongoing expenditure, not CAPEX

Tippett is a way better ruck (could be top 10 if Sydney used him as Ruck/fwd instead of a fwd/ruck).
Vickery has probably just got his nose in front as a forward.....just.
Both seem to think that busting open a pack is just too hard....although Vickery is improving.
Vickery is 3 years younger and on less money.

In summing up Tippett is the better all round player at the moment but has stagnated. Vickery is 3 years younger and improving. At this moment in time I would take Vickery due to potential but Tippett is the better player right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back