U16 Vic Metro Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Went down yesterday to have a look. The boys were belted to the tune of 11 goals. The result wasn't that important as they played 5 quarters ( if that makes sense). The boys showed they can play in 3rd qtr when we had total control of the game out scoring the futures 3 goals to 1. The standout for the day was Anthony Bonaddio. He played in the forward pocket and clearly had the better of his opponent. He was later shifted into the midfield and continued on in there as well. There were a couple of other boys who played pretty well but I didn't get their names. It was difficult to judge because the boys were out of their depth. The futures were physically alot bigger a stronger.

I believe 5 kids got cut last night. The boys are down at visy today for a camp and I'm sure the names will pop up today as to who was cut following yesterday's game. If I can find out I'll post it up this evening sometime.

Yeah i agree 100% Anthony Bonaddio absolutely killed it, he was the only stand out player, when he came on the field from the bench he killed it everytime well done champ.

Anyone know of Anthony Roberts? Apparently was in a Vic Metro squad either this year or last, but came back to WA this year, played 1 game for my club then went into the Swan Districts colts side...

The final squads have been named for both Vic metro and country. Today was the final hit out between the squads at Victoria Park. Country won by 1 point. Both sides showed something at stages.

The first game of the carnival was played yesterday with the metro going down by 19 points to SA. Metro had a commanding lead at half time (6 goals). I'm not sure how to explain the second half, but let's just say 2 different sides run out to start the 3rd qtr. I think they may have swapped jumpers at 1/2 time.
The next game is against vic country on Tuesday night.

Joe Daniher, starred on the opening day of the national under-16 championships in western Sydney yesterday.
Daniher, the 197-centimetre son of former Essendon and Sydney player Anthony, and available to either club under the father-son bidding system, kicked five goals and took several contested marks captaining Vic Metro in its 19-point loss to South Australia.

Joe Daniher, starred on the opening day of the national under-16 championships in western Sydney yesterday.
Daniher, the 197-centimetre son of former Essendon and Sydney player Anthony, and available to either club under the father-son bidding system, kicked five goals and took several contested marks captaining Vic Metro in its 19-point loss to South Australia.

In somewhat of a surprise it looks like Sydney is the front runner!

They are putting some time into Joe and he feels he might get more of an opportunity at Sydney.

Dunno about 'starred'...he had 2 possessions after half time and was destroyed in the ruck by Brodie Grundy (SA)
i watched daniher play in the schoolboys last year and was very ordinary dropping marks out in front so he started taking in the chest which is not good for a ruckmen im surprised ben mclean from sandringham got cut

Dunno about 'starred'...he had 2 possessions after half time and was destroyed in the ruck by Brodie Grundy (SA)

Hey 'Thescout' - Joe Daniher did star in the first half with five goals and a heap of contested marks. Even though he is 195cm he is better as a key forward than in the ruck. At this point, not strong enough to compete with Grundy. interesting they both made the AIS squad.

Hey 'Thescout' - Joe Daniher did star in the first half with five goals and a heap of contested marks. Even though he is 195cm he is better as a key forward than in the ruck. At this point, not strong enough to compete with Grundy. interesting they both made the AIS squad.

Raymann, I thought it be more appropriate to talk about VM players on this thread.

Were you at the carnival last year? I read that Kevin Sheehan was a huge rap for Yarran from WA, was he that good?? And Corey Chalmers was MVP for WA and missed out on AIS gig?? What are the prospects of these boys and others from WA team for the mighty WCE???:footy: I'm dreaming ahead...........

Raymann, I thought it be more appropriate to talk about VM players on this thread.

Were you at the carnival last year? I read that Kevin Sheehan was a huge rap for Yarran from WA, was he that good?? And Corey Chalmers was MVP for WA and missed out on AIS gig?? What are the prospects of these boys and others from WA team for the mighty WCE???:footy: I'm dreaming ahead...........

Hi WCWK,

Yarran was good, probably the best forward of the carnival. As you know i really like Chalmers, he is very quick, runs with the ball and has good goal sense.

The best prospect is Jaeger O'meara. Good athletic, very quick good endurance and knows how to find the footy, Jaeger is the one to watch. Dont know who he plays for in WA, but would expect him to make the WA U18 team this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi WCWK,

Yarran was good, probably the best forward of the carnival. As you know i really like Chalmers, he is very quick, runs with the ball and has good goal sense.

The best prospect is Jaeger O'meara. Good athletic, very quick good endurance and knows how to find the footy, Jaeger is the one to watch. Dont know who he plays for in WA, but would expect him to make the WA U18 team this year.

Do you think Corey Chalmers will feature in U/18's this year? (Bottom age....) Going by the Player profiles Jaegar is a good size and Corey I would say would be considered a small forward?? I hope he is not hit with the "TOO SMALL" bulldust:thumbsdown: as he is a genuine footballer:thumbsu:! What is considered too small these days????

Hey guys any1 got any genuine tips for u16 vic metro selection in 2011? Any really good ruckman around?

Luke McDonald was around the 6"2 mark as a 15 year old last year, All Australian, plays as an onballer/key forward similar to Pavlich I guess, with stints in the ruck somtimes, has close to the best footskills in the age group also, a thumping left foot, fairly mecurial.

Topped Metro's goal kicking at the u/15's last year, and was one of Trinity College's best players, despite only being in year 9's age group.

Will see a few Oakleigh games as a 16 year old this year.

Will be a genuine KPF size by u/18's you would think.

Too bad North will get him Father Son :thumbsdown:

Luke McDonald was around the 6"2 mark as a 15 year old last year, All Australian, plays as an onballer/key forward similar to Pavlich I guess, with stints in the ruck somtimes, has close to the best footskills in the age group also, a thumping left foot, fairly mecurial.

Topped Metro's goal kicking at the u/15's last year, and was one of Trinity College's best players, despite only being in year 9's age group.

Will see a few Oakleigh games as a 16 year old this year.

Will be a genuine KPF size by u/18's you would think.

Too bad North will get him Father Son :thumbsdown:
very good post CD. lukey Mac is easily the best of his age atm. It's about time we get a good father son, he will be the perfect replacement for petrie in 3years time. Very good comparison to pavlich, also a touch of nick riewoldt about him. The best part is he will slot into our time when we are at our peak.
Very excited by him

adrian indovino is a lightning quick silky left footer with amazing skills and dash he played on the wing and half back in the trials and performed really well with 20 odd touches, then to move forward and show that he also has terrific goal sense by kicking 4 goals straight he is one to watch

A few boys didn't play the first practice game due to school commitments. A boy that impressed me through the recent carnival games was an Oakleigh boy, I'm not quite sure of his surname but its along the lines of woolbidge or something a rather. Didn't get a invite to the training squad, very surprised in my opinion. Anyone else that was unlucky to miss out?

A few boys didn't play the first practice game due to school commitments. A boy that impressed me through the recent carnival games was an Oakleigh boy, I'm not quite sure of his surname but its along the lines of woolbidge or something a rather. Didn't get a invite to the training squad, very surprised in my opinion. Anyone else that was unlucky to miss out?

My apologies, the boys names Toby Wooldridge. Private school boy from Carey Grammar. Saw the Carey vs MGS game and he stood well amongst older bodies. Showed to have a good mark and solid defensive skills. For a 16 yo he looks the sorts, round 187cm and 83kg. Will be interesting to see if he makes Oakleigh's list bottom age next year..

My apologies, the boys names Toby Wooldridge. Private school boy from Carey Grammar. Saw the Carey vs MGS game and he stood well amongst older bodies. Showed to have a good mark and solid defensive skills. For a 16 yo he looks the sorts, round 187cm and 83kg. Will be interesting to see if he makes Oakleigh's list bottom age next year..
Toby has been a great addition to the Carey backline this year, looks to have great potential. Especially for someone who is 16, expect big things from the kid.

Anyone know what the story is with the div 2 u16s this year? The champs fixture on the AFL site only has the div 1 sides playing each other. Do the divisions have separate carnivals in the u16s or something?

Yeah Wooldridge very unlucky to miss out. Watchin the Calder games i thought Danko Bzenic was very unlucky and stiff not to be picked in the top 50. He provides run off the half back line and can play in the midfield and when needed go up forward and kick goals. Plays a really team oriented game and is very committed to his footy. Wins a lot of the footy and generally uses it well but wins his own ball and his work rate is superb and played well in both games, especially in the wet against northern where he had clean hands and penetrating kick. Anthony Prestia another one who was unlucky not to be picked. Any comments ?

Any relation to the GC dynamo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back