U25 All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea if he can get his disposal count up from 22 to say 25-26 then he will get noticed much more.
I reckon his best years will look more around the 24 disposals and a goal a game mark. Don't think he'll ever be one of those midfielders that just seem that they're everywhere but he's already almost at the point where he changes the game slightly with every touch he has.

FB: Rance - Talia - Duryea
HB: Hibberd - Davis - Smith
C: Hill - Fyfe - Hill
HF: Breust - Walker - Wingard
FF: Walters - Gunston - Dixon
R: Naitanui - Dangerfield - Beams
IC: Cotchin - Heppell - Rockliff - Parker

EMG: Hannebery - Sloane - Ward

I'm mystified. BigFooty did a top 50 and there was only one North representative, a 36 year old; BigFooty discusses an under 25 AA team and no-one selects a North representative; and the BigFooty common wisdom is our coach isn't particularly talented (considering he was number one choice for first coach to be sacked in 2014).

So we don't have very good young players, we only have one standout experienced player and our coach isn't very good. And yet last season we finished top 6 home and away, beat the top 10 teams in the comp, was one game off of a grand final and in the predictions thread most people are predicting a similar season for 2015.

Bizarre.

B: Trengove(PA) - Talia - B.Smith
HB: Hibberd - Rance - Heppell
C: S.Hill - Rockliff - Beams
HF: Breust - Walker - Parker
F: Walters - Lynch (GC) - Gunston
R: Naitanui - Fyfe - Dangerfield
Int: Cunnington - Hannebery - D.Martin - Ward

I'm mystified. BigFooty did a top 50 and there was only one North representative, a 36 year old; BigFooty discusses an under 25 AA team and no-one selects a North representative; and the BigFooty common wisdom is our coach isn't particularly talented (considering he was number one choice for first coach to be sacked in 2014).

So we don't have very good young players, we only have one standout experienced player and our coach isn't very good. And yet last season we finished top 6 home and away, beat the top 10 teams in the comp, was one game off of a grand final and in the predictions thread most people are predicting a similar season for 2015.

Bizarre.

Most ppl dont know a thing about football

Bizarre.

Please name your good young players that deserve a spot in this team.

Do you actually think Cunnington deserves a spot, presumably this is who you are referring to? North are a pretty even team, very few "star" players, and those that qualify right now as said "stars", are all close to or past 30.

Please name your good young players that deserve a spot in this team.

Do you actually think Cunnington deserves a spot, presumably this is who you are referring to? North are a pretty even team, very few "star" players, and those that qualify right now as said "stars", are all close to or past 30.

Cunnington deserves a spot. Is on par with Beams for mine. Mcdonald is probably a year away from this team although i did see Kolodjasnij get named somewhere which was laughable

Cunnington deserves a spot. Is on par with Beams for mine. Mcdonald is probably a year away from this team although i did see Kolodjasnij get named somewhere which was laughable

Ziebell and Cunnington are in the conversation, but it's difficult to justify leaving anyone out to make room for them. North's success is built on having a very even 22 with strong contributors right down to their bottom 3-4 players. Compare that to the Crows who have elite young talent at the top end, but their bottom 3-4 players probably haven't been at the standard required over the last season or 2.

I find it hard to believe that a midfielder who was held below 20 possesions on 10 occasions this year is "on par with Beams". Yes he does some nice things, as does Ziebell at times, but really, is there anyone in most of these teams that are being named that they deserve a gig in front of? Realistically, both are 23 year old, under performing early draft picks.

I find it hard to believe that a midfielder who was held below 20 possesions on 10 occasions this year is "on par with Beams". Yes he does some nice things, as does Ziebell at times, but really, is there anyone in most of these teams that are being named that they deserve a gig in front of? Realistically, both are 23 year old, under performing early draft picks.

WOuldnt of thought cunningotn is under performing. Just won a best and fairest in a top 4 team

That is an insane comment re Cunnington. Ziebell I agree has underperformed thus far. Cunnington was our best player last year. He got more Brownlow votes than anyone at Geelong bar sellwood. Watch him play before you comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is an insane comment re Cunnington. Ziebell I agree has underperformed thus far. Cunnington was our best player last year. He got more Brownlow votes than anyone at Geelong bar sellwood. Watch him play before you comment.

I watch every game just about every week, so take that into account "before you comment", champ.

I see a guy who is quite a good clearance player, and who probably doesn't work hard enough yet. Goes missing for chunks at a time too often. Looks ok up forward too, but still probably doesn't have enough hurt factor. Suggesting he is on the same level as Beams, as was done by a fellow North fan above, is sheer lunacy. Beams is a top 20 player in the comp, Cunnington isn't top 50.

I watch every game just about every week, so take that into account "before you comment", champ.

I see a guy who is quite a good clearance player, and who probably doesn't work hard enough yet. Goes missing for chunks at a time too often. Looks ok up forward too, but still probably doesn't have enough hurt factor. Suggesting he is on the same level as Beams, as was done by a fellow North fan above, is sheer lunacy. Beams is a top 20 player in the comp, Cunnington isn't top 50.

Clearly havent watched any games this year. Watch the final when we rolled your mob

Clearly havent watched any games this year. Watch the final when we rolled your mob

22 touches, 3 tackles and 5 clangers? Superstar, he's on Beams level with that kind of performance right there.

It's only natural for supporters to overrate their own players, you are clearly doing it here.

I'm not saying he's a bad player by any stretch, but come on...

I would have thought BigFooty would have voted him top 50, but I guess they "didn't watch him play"...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didn't mean to come across as hostile, sorry for the 'watch him play' comment. I just get very defensive where Cunnington is concerned due to the fact that he is pretty much ignored in the media.

You're actually spot on about going missing in games. I think its a tank issue more than anything. Need to get his TOG up to a decent standard. 75% at the moment which is very low, most good midfielders are 80-90%. Seriously below average in this area.

But I would implore anyone reading this that next year when a North game is on, keep an eye on him and his style of play in particular. Anyone who loves footy will be enthralled.

I didn't mean to come across as hostile, sorry for the 'watch him play' comment. I just get very defensive where Cunnington is concerned due to the fact that he is pretty much ignored in the media.

You're actually spot on about going missing in games. I think its a tank issue more than anything. Need to get his TOG up to a decent standard. 75% at the moment which is very low, most good midfielders are 80-90%. Seriously below average in this area.

But I would implore anyone reading this that next year when a North game is on, keep an eye on him and his style of play in particular. Anyone who loves footy will be enthralled.

I'm not potting him for the sake of potting him, I think he is a good young player. He is still just a ways off being named in this team. Needs a consistently good year in 2015 before he can be grouped with those above him.

Probably the best side posted thus far :thumbsu:

B: Tom Jonas, Daniel Talia, Phil Davis

HB: Brandon Ellis, Justin Clarke, Cameron Guthrie

C: Bradley Hill, Nathan Fyfe, Dyson Heppell

HF: Mitch Duncan, Taylor Walker, Luke Parker

F: Chad Wingard, Jack Gunston, Luke Breust

R: Nic Natanui, Patrick Dangerfield, Tom Rockliff

INT: Harley Bennell, Jack Darling, Dayne Beams, Dan Hannebery

I would argue that it is hard to argue Dane Rampe as a small defender loosely based on his stellar 2014 and debut season of 2013 whilst my biased opinion of Michael Hibberd has been echoed by many others that a fit full year could see him make the proper All Australian side.

Apart from that, I really quite like this side, perhaps debutante All Australian Brodie Smith could also make your side ahead of Gutherie? ;)

Really like your selections of Mitch Duncan, Parker. You should maybe also re consider leaving out Dustin Martin though too

B: Brodie Smith, Rance, Trengrove (PA)
HB: Brandon Ellis, Talia, Hibberd
C: B. Hill, Parker, Heppell
HF: D.Martin, Tex, Dangerfield
F: Wingard, Gunstan, Bruest
Foll: Natinui, Wines, Fyfe
Int: Duncan, Elliot, Caddy, O'Meara

FB: Alex Rance, Cale Hooker, Taylor Duryea
HB: Chris Yarran, Daniel Talia, Brodie Smith

C: Bradley Hill, Dyson Heppell, Stephen Hill

HF: Patrick Dangerfield, Jerome Cameron, Harley Bennell
FF: Chad Wingard, Taylor Walker, Charlie Dixon