UCL Final: Juventus vs FC Barcelona 7/6/2015 4:45am

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Would love to see Juve win it, but can't see them stopping Barca.

The front three of Barca may well provide too much.

Pogba and Pirlo might have a bit of fun in the middle though. Look forward to seeing Pogba storm through the middle.

Be nice to see Pirlo, and Buffon as captain lift Big Ears, but unlikely.

Now that the CL final is played on saturday surely there is no need for a 8.45pm KO.

A 2/3pm KO would see massive TV ratings in the Asian TV market. Don't understand why the nighttime KO is retained. That was necessary only when the CL final was mid week.
Champions League games are always at night, would be weird if they played the final during the day.

[Wouldn't LeoMessi, post: 38767943, member: 128787"]I see Busquets easily subdue Pirlo. Pogba on the other could be a handful.[/QUOTE]

Would pirlo and busquets get anywhere near each other?

Wont they both sit back, more or less sweeping?

I would think rakitic or inestia/Suarez would be told pressure pirlo?

[Wouldn't LeoMessi, post: 38767943, member: 128787"]I see Busquets easily subdue Pirlo. Pogba on the other could be a handful.

Would pirlo and busquets get anywhere near each other?

Wont they both sit back, more or less sweeping?

I would think rakitic or inestia/Suarez would be told pressure pirlo?[/QUOTE]

Busquets plays in the centre as a defensive mid. Rakitic is normally to the right. Pirlo is the Juve's centre mid.

As for the match. I want Barcelona to win because I love Luis Suarez and wish nothing but the best for him. Leaving Liverpool for Barca and doing the treble. Well you cant really blame him I guess. Plus I hope he does another treble next year and then decides he has won enough at Barca, time to head back to Liverpool to help them out.

Seems legit.

Now that the CL final is played on saturday surely there is no need for a 8.45pm KO.

A 2/3pm KO would see massive TV ratings in the Asian TV market. Don't understand why the nighttime KO is retained. That was necessary only when the CL final was mid week.

And lose millions of viewers in Europe, where UEFA makes most of its money? Asia is a big market but the number of people who follow football, and their value to advertisers, gets overstated. It's not Europe x 5.6.

With the focus on Pirlo and Pogba, I think Vidal is Juve's most important midfielder. Need someone who runs as hard back as they do forward vs Barca's front three, and Vidal does that better than anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juve's midfield trio of Pirlo/Pogba/Vidal is fairly handy.

But it's hard to see how they're going to stop Barcelona. Gotta go with the Spanish outfit, 3-1

Suarez brace to win the game. I feel like this is another one of those 'put moomba's house on it' type bets. I promise you mate with the winnings I've generated using your house as collateral I'm going to put your kids through Uni and send them all to Vegas for their 21st birthdays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back