UEFA Champions League 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.sportal.com.au/football/...m-champions-league/1mdcqxfla7j3x1dujl6k1lk0kn

Red Star Belgrade have been banned from next season's UEFA Champions League after breaching Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play rules.
The UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) investigatory chamber revealed that the Serbian champions had been referred to the CFCB adjudicatory chamber in April, due to overdue payables to clubs and employees.

Subsequently, UEFA have punished the club with exclusion from Europe's premier club tournament, although they have 10 days in which to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

"The Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body, chaired by Jose Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues, has taken its decision in the case of FK Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade)," read a statement from UEFA on Friday.

"The CFCB chief investigator referred this case to the Adjudicatory Chamber in early April after becoming aware of the existence of overdue payables as a result of a complaint.

"The CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber determined that the club were in breach of a number of provisions of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations.

"Accordingly, Crvena Zvezda are excluded from participating in the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League for which they had qualified on sporting merit.

"The club have ten days to appeal this decision before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)."

The statement also revealed that an investigation could be forthcoming against the Football Association of Serbia for "alleged breaches of the club licensing regulations in relation to the granting of the licence to the same club".

yet a club with about 500 mil euro debt that didn't pay taxes to the spanish government for a period is lauded as the people's club in the champions league final and no one bats an eyelid.

Quite ridiculous really, wasn't FFP put in place protect the smaller clubs without as much $$$?

Bq0F1YJCIAAxRnp.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wouldnt you have like 40 of your teams in this stage
Nah, arsenal and Shakhtar join later.
Dynamo are in Europa League.

All other teams I actually take attention of didn't qualify for Europe.

(I say I support Real Madrid, but they're legitimately insignificant to me like others, I just want them to win their domestic leagues. nothing more.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back