UEFA Champions League: Match Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from KC's tears, another highlight this morning was Messi taking the champions league goal scoring record. From Raul, one of my all time favourite players. He was a genuis.

Inb4 typeclub claims Messi is s**t and got lucky and scored 222 penalties which he didn't deserve cos he's a diving cheat n take hormones n s**t and is s**t.

Just saw the highlights:

Kun is a freak. Having said that, Bayern gifted him 2 goals.

Alonso's free kick was hilariously nonchalant. Literally passed it in. His mistake for Kun's second goal was fairly ordinary though.

Aren't Schalke s**t? The keeping for Willains goal was deplorable. The own goal where the only 3 players that went for it were all Schalke players was nothing short of embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bayern only scored from a keeping mistake and a lucky hit off the post

am i doing this right?

if sagna's nice he might let ribery out of his pocket. maybe.

just saw the lew shirt rip. 59 mins in, he shoves vinny over who goes to grab the sleeve in an effort to stay standing. lel you'll make any s**t up. sadcase.

Last edited:
finished watching it now.

we were outplayed? must've been watching a different game. bayern passed it around a lot, but created nothing. ribery and robben were absolutely invisble. imagine being toweled up by gael clichy and bacary sagna in 2014. if you don't make chances, you're not going to win many games. we were smart, we knew that even a man down, alonso and co were good enough to retain the ball and pass it around. so we didn't rush in, we sat back and mopped up attempted plays up forward. just because bayern are a man down doesnt change they're a superb team.

i'd love us to play more like that. pack the midfield and allow us to sit deeper, and play route 1 a bit more. the 2 bayern goals were just silly defending. hart's wall is a mess and then passes it around it. not good enough. defending on the 2nd was typical city. too much space allowed and lew just floats in. but we pressured them in midfield, not super pressing but there was always a man closing down. alonso makes a bad pass after lamps closes him down, there pressure is there late in the game and he makes a bad pass. the same with boateng, he takes an extra touch and kun is there, pressuring like he did for 90 mins. lucky? yes. but there should be some credit for closing down for 90 mins and pressuring the man. but i guess we can't have that. always lucky.

ref had a great game. zab lucky to stay on but his first yellow was an absolute joke so it evens out. not that it would've made a lick of difference.

that sort of game is just what the city fans needed too. a reason to care about the champions league. instead of this flimsy scared playing, we played 90 minutes, played till the end and the result went our way. if city want to get the fans into the champions league, then they're the type of performances that will attract people to the games.

thought mangala was disgustingly good. kun, lamps and nasri also had really good games. to win without silva, yaya and dinho though is great. sure, bayern had names out, but they're still bayern. with some luck this kicks on our entire season, like beating them did last season.

I'm convinced Bayern will get Reus now, one of Ribery or Robben is done and will be shipped out next summer

Possibly, but Robben has been good all season but didn't play so well vs. City, one match, so a bit unfair imo.

Ribery has had a bunch of sub appearances up until the start of the month where he finally played 90 minutes instead of 20-30. No good letting him play when he's injured, he needs to settle back in and find his rhythm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back