UEFA Champions League Play-off Round

Remove this Banner Ad

First looked like he got the ball first but from the referee's view, it could have very well been given.

The second was Wilshere slipping over. Again, it could have gone either way and based on this referee, I'm surprised he didn't but it would have been a very harsh penalty at the same time.
Fair enough. On the balance I thought giving one would be fair. Ref didn't and that's all that matters in the scheme of things

Fair enough. On the balance I thought giving one would be fair. Ref didn't and that's all that matters in the scheme of things

Yeah mate exactly right. Sometimes you need the rub of the green for those decisions and we got them twice tonight.

Tore lucky to not get red for that challenge based on this ref.

Watching the Ludogorets v Steaua playoff. Was watching since the start of extra time, Ludogorets are dominating, although leading 1-0 on the night it's still tied 1-1 on agg. 118th minute rolls around and the Ludogorets keeper gets a straight red for rushing off his line and taking out a player who just knicked in front of him after a great through ball (foul was just outside the box). Ludogorets are out of subs and had to use a field player in goal for the shootout. Just starting now, should be really interesting, but Steaua would be really fortunate after being completely outplayed but now shouldn't choke in the shootout with Ludogorets having a no proper keeper in goal.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t!! He saved one!! Haha, you lot have to see highlights of it, he was doing the Dudek and everything. Place is going nuts. :D Ludogorets make it to the group stage, amazing stuff.

Had a pretty good first season after losing their best player. Got given a very tough play-off draw against an underrated Bilbao side.

What's your problem with him, did he do something to you?
Yeah he did actually, thanks for asking. He managed the club I support for about six months a couple of years ago, not sure if you're aware of this? And I was one of few that gave him a bit of leeway to begin with. But I just didn't think he got the best out of any of our players, David Luiz possibly being the only one. That intertwined with his eminently boring persona in the media and on the touch line, as well as our average league form/very poor cup losses (vs. Swansea and Corinthians) plus him cracking the shits at our fans one particular night... you can see why I don't hold him in any sort of high regard these days.

But anyway, don't want to turn this into another Rafa/Chelsea argument so I'll just leave it at that. Hope that answered you question. Some Chelsea fans like him, some (most) don't. I'm one that doesn't, just one mans opinion.

Yeah he did actually, thanks for asking. He managed the club I support for about six months a couple of years ago, not sure if you're aware of this? And I was one of few that gave him a bit of leeway to begin with. But I just didn't think he got the best out of any of our players, David Luiz possibly being the only one. That intertwined with his eminently boring persona in the media and on the touch line, as well as our average league form/very poor cup losses (vs. Swansea and Corinthians) plus him cracking the shits at our fans one particular night... you can see why I don't hold him in any sort of high regard these days.

But anyway, don't want to turn this into another Rafa/Chelsea argument so I'll just leave it at that. Hope that answered you question. Some Chelsea fans like him, some (most) don't. I'm one that doesn't, just one mans opinion.

Yeah I was aware that he came in and managed your club for a period. I thought he carried himself with a lot of dignity during a tough period and did a good job by winning you a trophy and qualifiying for the champions league.

Oh but he was a bit "boring" on the touchline and in interviews while he was doing it, what a disgrace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back