UEFA Champions League R16

Remove this Banner Ad

You can laugh at Cruyff, but you used to think about Steve Bruce

I'm not laughing at Cruyff though, he agrees with me that winning one Cup doesn't redeem the man.

10368192_785787241514895_1180318506429898489_n.jpg
11016041_785787261514893_4837684310077238099_n.jpg

The annoying thing about being a Spurs fan is constantly finishing 5th or whatever (most years only a point or two behind Arsenal), selling our best players to Man Utd or Real Madrid since we've became relevant again, while Arsene spends his budget on luxury attacking mids who they don't really need but doesn't spend on areas that they do (say holding mid for etc) and these types of results seem to happen every season and they never look like threatening in Europe.

Anyways we've got Fiorentina and Chelsea to worry about.

.....except he honestly believe Wenger deserves to be judged on what he's done this season. Which is nothing.

I honestly believe Wenger deserves o be judged on what he's done for Arsenal over his entire career. And, yes, that does include winning last year's FA Cup as well as having the team top of the league for a very long time against better opposition.

I also include getting his side into third after a horrific run of injuries. Etc etc...

You don't. You hate the campaigner. You want him out.

What a good supporter you are. :$

He can't keep riding on his past. He's done that for the last 10 years. Yeah and where did that get us? Nowhere. We got pumped when we played better opposition.

Seems you struggle with the concept that people don't agree with you and have a different view point to you. Is it really that hard to understand that people aren't going to get along in life and share opinions?

I am thankful for all he has done, but if the right manager is available, he should move on. He's had his time.

Thanks, I am glad we are in agreement. :thumbsu:

I think we can both safely agree that the best possible thing that can Happen is for Wenger to be sacked (and hopefully replaced with LVG!)

I kind of agree with Cruyff14. Arsenal have become kind of irrelevant since about 2005. That's 10 years of pretty much nothing. Where they won nothing. At least until last years FA Cup. The early 2000's were great seeing 2 league titles and 3 FA Cups but then it all just evaporated.

It's probably time for a change. Not to mention for such a talented manager he has never really threatened in Europe to win anything. Arsenal, for a club their size, still have never won the European Cup or the UEFA Cup. It's crazy.

On the flip side, be careful what you wish for. SAF retired and look what has happened to United.

Also what exactly was that lineup from Arsenal. I saw it and thought, they might just get bossed here.

They just have no balls, no steel in midfield. They lined up tonight with a midfield of Sanchez, Cazorla, Coquelin and Ozil. I didnt watch the game but was it Coquelin sitting behind three attacking mids in Santi, Ozil and Sanchez then Welbz and Giroud up front?

I looked at the lineup and thought, geez any midfield would be happy seeing that, you can get at them. You dont expect combative, high energy, tackles, etc from guys like Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla.

Coquelin is what 23? Has played 50 or so times for Arsenal?

Crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also what exactly was that lineup from Arsenal. I saw it and thought, they might just get bossed here.

They just have no balls, no steel in midfield. They lined up tonight with a midfield of Sanchez, Cazorla, Coquelin and Ozil. I didnt watch the game but was it Coquelin sitting behind three attacking mids in Santi, Ozil and Sanchez then Welbz and Giroud up front?

I looked at the lineup and thought, geez any midfield would be happy seeing that, you can get at them. You dont expect combative, high energy, tackles, etc from guys like Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla.

Coquelin is what 23? Has played 50 or so times for Arsenal?

Crazy.
Roughly the same lineup we played at Spurs and got fairly well beaten that day too, think we were just overconfident going into this game and Monaco played exactly to a plan and it worked beautifully. Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta and Flamini all unavailable didn't help in the midfield and Ox would have started had it not been his first game back from injury.

Coquelin played behind the midfield and Cazorla dropped in to help a bit but it wasn't enough when they got on the counter attack, Le Coq's inexperience showed as he often dives in early to try and intercept passes rather than play conservatively.

Even with your outs. Arteta is old and average. Flamini is phish. Ramsey is quality but again an AM, not somebody who really adds steel to your midfield. Wilshere has just never kicked on. What your lot wouldnt give for a young Vieira huh?

Even with your outs. Arteta is old and average. Flamini is phish. Ramsey is quality but again an AM, not somebody who really adds steel to your midfield. Wilshere has just never kicked on. What your lot wouldnt give for a young Vieira huh?
Think Wenger is still planning on Diaby for that role :D

Been saying for a long time that all that stands between Arsenal and success is a player like Khedira. They need energy and combativeness.

Just realised I had multi and I won. Shoutout to the ox second fav player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back