UEFA Europa League R32

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I'm more disappointed about having to play 120 mins plus penalties ahead of the City game than I am about being knocked out of the comp. Still, while it reduces the fixture burden on our squad at a critical stage of the season it's a cup I feel we had a decent chance of winning.

I don't like that Lovren is copping so much grief from Liverpool supporters for missing that penalty. At least he had the stones to take it, Sterling & Moreno were still on the pitch. If you're going to point the finger at anyone then surely it has to be at our attack for failing to break Besiktas down. All were down on their usual standards.

To be honest I'm more disappointed about having to play 120 mins plus penalties ahead of the City game than I am about being knocked out of the comp. Still, while it reduces the fixture burden on our squad at a critical stage of the season it's a cup I feel we had a decent chance of winning.

I don't like that Lovren is copping so much grief from Liverpool supporters for missing that penalty. At least he had the stones to take it, Sterling & Moreno were still on the pitch. If you're going to point the finger at anyone then surely it has to be at our attack for failing to break Besiktas down. All were down on their usual standards.
Doesn't the manager decide the penalty takers and the order they go in? Very surprised Sterling didn't take one

Nice to see a Chelsea player helping knock the Spurs out, hopefully its a sign of things to come this week
:( if I could be bothered I'd be booing like an Eagles fan right now;)

So Liverpool rest a host of players and people are able to say 'I told you so' that they couldn't win? :drunk::drunk::drunk:

They didn't even lose comprehensively, they were just edged on penalties..

Just shows how difficult it is to win the comp. Injuries, rotation etc are all part of the challenge. English clubs tend to think they just have to turn up in the Europa as if its somehow beneath their capabilities. But in reality there are some top class sides in it, and you need to have a lot of things go your way to be successful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shows how difficult it is to win the comp. Injuries, rotation etc are all part of the challenge. English clubs tend to think they just have to turn up in the Europa as if its somehow beneath their capabilities. But in reality there are some top class sides in it, and you need to have a lot of things go your way to be successful.

Yep, they don't seem to take it too seriously. I loved winning it and are proud that Rafa and the club took it seriously and would rather win it over the domestic cups.

It's a bloody tough comp to win.

Yep, they don't seem to take it too seriously. I loved winning it and are proud that Rafa and the club took it seriously and would rather win it over the domestic cups.

It's a bloody tough comp to win.
We did it fairly comfortably tho. I guess that's the difference in squads between us and teams like Liverpool/Tottenham etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back