MMA-UFC UFC 169: Barão vs Faber

Remove this Banner Ad

Barao is a seriously good fighter. He throws everything well and with deadly intentions; he moves well; he picks his moments well; he is hard to predict; his defence is generally solid. He's really setting himself up for a massive career now.

It was an early stoppage and obviously fighters have come back to win from worse, but in my opinion Dean really did save Faber from a serious beating.

Very different and much better Reem here. I like it.
Did you see Dana trash his performance and also call him pathetic for calling out a retired Lesner? Lol, Dana seems to really dislike Reem.

If he calls out Lesner though, he's just looking for a payday.

UFC record for most decisions in a night [10].

I'm guessing Jamie Varner is the first fighter to take home 75k in bonuses for a TKO loss within 8 minutes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Varner/Trujillo fight was nuts, it was like they deliberately went out there to have FOTN. As soon as it was over I knew no other fight on the card would come close.

It was a shame about the main event. The refs are pretty inconsistent when it comes to stoppages as evidenced by how much leeway they gave the Varner/Trujillo fight.

Its not enough though to sit on your arse and feebly stick your thumb in the air. If you can do that, you can get your head out of the way of the fists raining down upon your head.

Aldo scares the s**t out of me. Does anyone think he doesn't just waltz through Pettis like it's nothing? I would have the house on Aldo in that fight.

Reem's delts continue to impress. That horse meat, huh? Frank needs to find something else to do with his time.

Aldo scares the s**t out of me. Does anyone think he doesn't just waltz through Pettis like it's nothing? I would have the house on Aldo in that fight.
That's what I'm thinking at the moment as well. He hasn't looked great of late, but he seems the type of guy who fights to the opposition. I picture him really stepping up if facing Pettis and putting on a show.

That's what I'm thinking at the moment as well. He hasn't looked great of late, but he seems the type of guy who fights to the opposition. I picture him really stepping up if facing Pettis and putting on a show.

+ 10 pound Aldo vs Pettis is a lock, IMO. Looking at his frame, I'm thinking he walks around at 175.

Can anyone really threaten Barao in at 135?

I actually think the opposite. Pettis has been the most intimidating of late and I predict he beats Aldo via stoppage.

I actually think the opposite. Pettis has been the most intimidating of late and I predict he beats Aldo via stoppage.

I absolutely don't see that being at all possible, but there you go. You never know.

Jose ruled it out on Sunday anyway, I think. Nothing left for him to do at 145 though except knee Mendes in his face again.
After that it has to happen, surely.

Aldo is one scary mo******. He reminds me of the thai fighters, They are so casual when they are in the ring. dude looks like he was born in one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back