UFC 178 Formerly Jones v Cormier - Now Cowboy vs Alvarez Co Main

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't feel the need to justify my hate for Jones any further when he continually does it for me, time and time again.

He trolls kids on twitter who tweet him FFS. Cormier nailed it when he called Jones a fake, full of s**t and just generally a bit of a d**k.

Hunters Host #3

The Duke
May 31, 2007
Jackson Wink Acad.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Broncos
Really good off-air footage between DC and Jones.

Pulled by the UFC, but can be found on BJ's website here:

http://www.bjpenn.com/leaked-jones-cormier-trade-death-threats-and-more-while-off-air/

Snippet of what went down.
Cormier: It’s unbelievable how fake you can really be. You’re such a f—ing *****. My god. It is amazing. It’s amazing. But hat’s off to you because you have a great PR person. Because they have done a great job training you because you are just terrible. You are the f—ing scum of the earth. You are a terrible human being, but you can really turn it on, huh?

Jones: Thank you.

Cormier: I wish they would let me next door so I could spit in your f—ing face.

Jones: You know I would absolutely kill you if you ever did something like that, right?...

defiantly wasn't scripted.. that's just ridiculous! as if the ufc would 1. risk one of them or a bystander getting injured. 2. they would do it at the pressed in fight week.. doing it 6 weeks out doesn't make any sense.

also that was 100% Cormiers fault.. I don't like jones outside the ring (I do inside) but heads come together at stare downs all the time (silva vs belfort and silva vs sonnen 2 just to name a few really heated state downs) just coz Cormier felt Insecure because jones looked down on him doesn't give him a right to strike (yes, it was a strike) jones in the throat. jones shouldn't have retaliated but cooler heads don't ways prevail when your job is to punch people in the face.

this fight is going to be insane! could go either way... I see jones loseing a few rounds but ultimately finishing Cormier.. most likely a guillotine

alfy!

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
also that was 100% Cormiers fault.. I don't like jones outside the ring (I do inside) but heads come together at stare downs all the time (silva vs belfort and silva vs sonnen 2 just to name a few really heated state downs) just coz Cormier felt Insecure because jones looked down on him doesn't give him a right to strike (yes, it was a strike) jones in the throat. jones shouldn't have retaliated but cooler heads don't ways prevail when your job is to punch people in the face.
I don't see it that way. I think it was unfortunate that Cormier's push got Jones in the neck, but no way was it a strike.

Pushes happen at every weigh in. Throwing punches and rushing a guy doesn't. No excuse.

I don't see it that way. I think it was unfortunate that Cormier's push got Jones in the neck, but no way was it a strike.

Pushes happen at every weigh in. Throwing punches and rushing a guy doesn't. No excuse.
either way I loved it! but Cormier has a history at putting his hands on his opponent at way ins (vs pat cummins) and jones doesn't.. it's probably the ufcs fault for putting Dave sholler in between two of the most dangerous men on the planet

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Imagine if Bones isn't ready. The stupid UFC gave Cruz 2 years so perhaps neither DC or mauler fight anyone for a while.

Back