MMA-UFC UFC 182 - Jones vs DC

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats totally fair, its always going to be an individual opinion thing. Besides we all know Brock Lesnar is the greatest of all time... dont we?

na-ah... Overeeeeeeem: I mean, if only they let him eat that horsemeat (and whatever by-products come with it ;)), and limit every fight to 3 minutes, he would be unstoppable.

Last edited:
Cerrone backing up for fight night, in to replace Alvarez against Hendo... Huge fight for him. Huge. On a three week turnaround no less.

quick turnaround - but I don't think the Jury fight really took much out of him, was pretty much toying with him the whole fight

Cerrone backing up for fight night, in to replace Alvarez against Hendo... Huge fight for him. Huge. On a three week turnaround no less.
loves a paycheck does Cowboy. If only every fighter was as durable / hard working as he is. Massive fight. I'd love to see Cowboy beat Hendo. I wouldn't take anything from their first two encounters. Title shot coming his way if he wins it.

The card just got even better. I wish it was a 5 round fight though.

loves a paycheck does Cowboy. If only every fighter was as durable / hard working as he is. Massive fight. I'd love to see Cowboy beat Hendo. I wouldn't take anything from their first two encounters. Title shot coming his way if he wins it.

The card just got even better. I wish it was a 5 round fight though.

On the money a 5 rounder would be money. Cerrone v Hendo is probably a better main event than Connor v Siver.

3 v 5 in the lightweight division against 5 v 10 in the featherweight divison... On second thought its definately a better main event.

On the money a 5 rounder would be money. Cerrone v Hendo is probably a better main event than Connor v Siver.

3 v 5 in the lightweight division against 5 v 10 in the featherweight divison... On second thought its definately a better main event.
it's definitely livened up the card for me. I'll be a happy man if Cowboy and Conor grab finishes and get titles shots.

Hopefully uriah hall can do more of this:

if2ItvnwSG5VF.gif

and less of this (hugging and high fives during the fight)

096_John_Howard_vs_Uriah_Hall_gallery_post_crop_north.jpg

Um so thi s just popped up on my facebook feed:

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Stateme...al&utm_source=multiple&utm_content=1420585058

STATEMENT FROM THE UFC:

“We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’ decision to enter a drug treatment facility to address his recent issue. While we are disappointed in the failed test, we applaud him for making this decision to enter a drug treatment facility. Jon is a strong, courageous fighter inside the Octagon, and we expect him to fight this issue with the same poise and diligence. We commend him on his decision, and look forward to him emerging from this program a better man as a result.”

STATEMENT FROM DANA WHITE, UFC PRESIDENT

“I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to enter a drug treatment facility. I’m confident that he’ll emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.”
I didn't see anything about a failed test anywhere, this is the first ive heard about it. Anyone else know anything?

The test he failed was early last month and cocaine metabolites aren't on WADA's banned list when being tested out of competition, which is why he won't/can't be penalised by Nevada. UFC could probably do whatever if they wanted but it doesn't sound like they're doing anything but offer support. Results for the post-fight tests are still unknown, if he tested positive for cocaine there (pretty sure he won't) then they'd overturn the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was about to come here and post that article.

1. How is a month before a title fight counted as "out of competition"?
2. The UFC had this result 2 weeks before the fight, and yet said nothing about.
3. Though not technically "performance enhancing", as a drug with stimulant properties it could be very much used in someones training.
4. Lol at White applauding Jones for his "poise" and for voluntarily entering a rehab facility... what a ******* joke

Nothin' wrong with being in rehab :D

Jones is a talented freak of an athlete, but you can tell that he's a completely different person outside of the cage. I hope that he can recover from this and grow as a person, but at this point, I'm not overly confident.

The best usually are viced individuals. Tiger had his women, Jordan had his gambling, Agassi smoked ice.

Correct me if im wrong here (which i very well might be) but isnt Marijuana banned out of competition? If it is, how do they justify banning pot out of competition but not cocaine?

Yeah, I just googled, and Pat Healy had a fight overturned and lost his whole bonuses in 2013 for testing positive to it.

Also, while Pot will be in your system for 1-2 months after use, so is very easy to catch, Cocaine will only test positive 1-2 days after use so it's very rare to test positive (which is why so many athletes abuse it so much).

Yeah, I just googled, and Pat Healy had a fight overturned and lost his whole bonuses in 2013 for testing positive to it.

Also, while Pot will be in your system for 1-2 months after use, so is very easy to catch, Cocaine will only test positive 1-2 days after use so it's very rare to test positive (which is why so many athletes abuse it so much).

The only thing im not sure about is if its illegal out of competition (Pot im talking about). I remember Nick Diaz getting popped for it also but i think all the guys who have been caught for pot were "in competition" which is a ridiculous condition, especially for pot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back