Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
It could be the start of the rot...
UFC 189 was the best ever IMO so my earlier comment was more a concern I have going forward based on the direction it seems to have started going down

Yeah, but that really doesn't affect how the fights are put together or presented, or anything else from a viewing perspective, unless you had a particular attachment to seeing a specific person rub Vaseline on fighters and tend to their cuts.

Jun 14, 2010
Franga
AFL Club
Essendon
May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Yeah, but that really doesn't affect how the fights are put together or presented, or anything else from a viewing perspective, unless you had a particular attachment to seeing a specific person rub Vaseline on fighters and tend to their cuts.
Stitch does more that just rub Vasoline on cuts the guy is a masterclass. Telling you know Robbie v Rory would not of lasted if he wasnt there. the other guys are good cause Stitch trained them. Dont ever play down the roll of the Cutman they are far more important than we may think

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
OK simpleton...try think of the big picture going forward

Interesting article for you to read if interested
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/04/is-the-ufc-turning-into-rollerball

Would you rather this, or the unwieldy "organisation" and control by various promoters and PPV companies that is boxing ATM? The UFC wants to be the #1 "brand" in MMA, above and beyond individual fighters or other controlling factors.

Stitch does more that just rub Vasoline on cuts the guy is a masterclass. Telling you know Robbie v Rory would not of lasted if he wasnt there. the other guys are good cause Stitch trained them. Dont ever play down the roll of the Cutman they are far more important than we may think

I understand his importance to the fighters, but in terms of viewing experience, nothing has really changed for me. "The show goes on", as they say.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would you rather this, or the unwieldy "organisation" and control by various promoters and PPV companies that is boxing ATM? The UFC wants to be the #1 "brand" in MMA, above and beyond individual fighters or other controlling factors.

To be fair i think most people here totally agree with the UFC being the #1 and all us fans want this to continue, most of us (me included) are genuinely worried they are ostracizing the fighters (who ARE the UFC) by these decisions.

Reebok Deal - Taking money away from the fighters
Cutting Stitch - Putting their livelihood/safety in danger (again, no Stitch Robbie loses that fight by Doctor stoppage, no championship win, no bouns etc.)

Personally i want the UFC to continue to be THE go to organistion for elite MMA (the AFL, NFL etc, the clear #1) but if they keep treating the fighters and fans like this the top level talent will walk away, then we WILL wind up with what your talking about.

To be fair i think most people here totally agree with the UFC being the #1 and all us fans want this to continue, most of us (me included) are genuinely worried they are ostracizing the fighters (who ARE the UFC) by these decisions.

Reebok Deal - Taking money away from the fighters
Cutting Stitch - Putting their livelihood/safety in danger (again, no Stitch Robbie loses that fight by Doctor stoppage, no championship win, no bouns etc.)

Personally i want the UFC to continue to be THE go to organistion for elite MMA (the AFL, NFL etc, the clear #1) but if they keep treating the fighters and fans like this the top level talent will walk away, then we WILL wind up with what your talking about.
agreed that the UFC is the pinnacle and ideally it stays the way. but with what there doing to the fighters I could defiantly see some top fighters defect to bellator or at the very least wait till there contracts are up and use bellator to get bigger paydays. that's going to be good for the fighters.

Back