UFC 193 - Fight Week!

Remove this Banner Ad

With NY still on hold I reckon Weidman v Rockhold is looking good for us. Maybe Rousey v jobber too. Aldo v McGergor will be the New Years fight.

Word is Rousey vs Tate 3, Rockhold vs Weidman or Aldo vs Mcgregor in a neutral grounds fight, Hunt vs Bigfoot rematch if Bigfoot gets past Soa this weekend.

The broad demographic of MMA fans in Aus are in the far majority of Tapout donning muscleheads who boo when the fighters hit the mat and are there for longer than 10 secs and most importantly - will attend regardless of who's on the card, our Fightfan IQ so to speak in Aus is far below that of places like the US, Brazil & Canada. The UFC know this so why would they burn their aces here when they can cash them in for a premium in Vegas? It's not negative, that's just the reality of the issue.

Why would they settle for what? 18k at MGM Grand when they could get 60+ at Etihad?
Because here we won't pay say $400 for the cheapest seat so there may be 60 k but the gate is not as high. Or ...... Look at it this way they will still fill 60k without compromising there biggest stars remember the ufc is a model that has made the brand its biggest star and not the fighters. I was being unfair about rod laver ufc could nearly fill Etihad of just off a top 5 contender fight. There has been a cage ban melbourne is starved to get a card. Rest of East Coast will travel this is just how it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That article is suggesting Saturday November 14. <--prob US time

UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez | Sydney | Sunday , February 21, 2010
\ UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch | Sydney | Sunday , February 27, 2011
\ UFC on FX (2): Alves vs. Kampmann | Sydney | Saturday , March 3, 2012
\ UFC on FX (6): Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson | Gold Coast | Saturday , December 15, 2012
\ UFC Fight Night (33): Hunt vs. Bigfoot | Brisbane | Saturday , December 7, 2013
\ UFC Fight Night (55): Rockhold vs. Bisping | Sydney | Saturday , November 8, 2014
\ UFC Fight Night (65): Miocic vs. Hunt | Adelaide | Sunday , May 10, 2015
\ UFC 193 | Melbourne | Sunday , November 15, 2015

Last edited:
There's no date announced yet is there? But likely to be a Sunday in November? 1/8/15/22/29?
Its locked in for the 15th of November in Australia or the 14th in the US if you look on the UFC website.That's because its a Saturday night PPV in the US, just like every other UFC event in Australia, its always on the Sunday for PPV's.

It is a PPV, when was the last UFC PPV event that didn't have a title fight?

I think there will be a title fight.

Last edited:
Its locked in for the 15th of November in Australia or the 14th in the US if you look on the UFC website.That's because its a Saturday night PPV in the US, just like every other UFC event in Australia, its always on the Sunday for PPV's.
So FN65 was a PPV but FN33 and FN55 were not?

Which fight was for a title on the Miocic vs. Hunt card?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back