MMA-UFC UFC 193 - Melbourne November 15 - Questions & Answers

Remove this Banner Ad

Seating plan:

b5YuszU.jpg

What are the odds of there being P1 tickets left when tickets go on sale to Newsletter pre-sale subscribers??

I'm booking for P2. B10 I'm thinking looks pretty good, might try and hunt that down.
Anyone know how it works exactly on Fight Club? will we be able to choose on the map or just best available?

Probably first come best served.

I was just about to ask how the presale works, but I just noticed I've got my presale code on the site.

There's a limit of 6 tickets per fight club presale code.
And 8 is the limit for everything else.

the last time i went to etihad for a concert they had the option when buying tickets where you can see every individual seat and chose which one you want. so much better than that 'best available' bullshit.

Nice.
Just to clarify, we use the code from Fight Club and then order tickets via Ticketmaster?

Yep.
Top right corner of Fightclub site when you are logged in, the big yellow box, will have your code.
Copy the code then click the link to order tickets, not sure at what stage you enter your code but it should be pretty straight forward.

So has anybody worked out how the newsletter presale subscribers works yet? Are we expecting a code to be emailed to us?

Last email I got said this;

An email regarding exclusive pre-sale access to tickets will be delivered to you in the future. In the meantime, please enjoy the promo code below to activate your 30-days of UFC FIGHT PASS

So has anybody worked out how the newsletter presale subscribers works yet? Are we expecting a code to be emailed to us?

Last email I got said this;

An email regarding exclusive pre-sale access to tickets will be delivered to you in the future. In the meantime, please enjoy the promo code below to activate your 30-days of UFC FIGHT PASS

I didn't even get that *in email!

the last time i went to etihad for a concert they had the option when buying tickets where you can see every individual seat and chose which one you want. so much better than that 'best available' bullshit.

They have that for the AFL most of the time too - unfortunately not for AFL members, but if you're just buying a normal public level 1 or 2 (or even front of level 3) ticket you get the option of choosing it.

To be honest though? I can't see them doing it here - for something that they would be expecting to sell out, allowing people to select seats like that will almost invariably result in a shitload of single seats left around the arena. As someone who looks increasingly likely to be going by himself, it's great for me... but not so great for other people, for UFC, or for Ticketmaster.

All that said, I'd love a heads up tomorrow when you guys get into the pre-sale. I'll be on here at 9.10 waiting for information to see whether to just cough up for the Fight Club membership. (although maybe not given they apparently don't send their emails automatically)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that have actually been to Etihad, would tickets in the P5 or P6 range even be worth getting, view-wise?

When you factor in flights, accomodation, etc. (for those coming from interstate), it's bloody expensive!

They're on the top level, and obviously the 2nd and 3rd levels can't be moved in like the bottom level can.

I was at Etihad a couple of weeks ago for the footy and spent some time assessing this very question.

Firstly, here's a picture.

CNkq__OVEAAEKmD.jpg

I'm in about the 5th row on level 3. It's hard to guess how far between me and the boundary fence, but it wouldn't be much more than 25 metres.

Then there's 10 metres between the fence and goal, a 50m arc, probably 5m between the arc and the centre square, then half the centre square (25 metres) to the middle of the ground.

All told, from the 5th row of level 3, I reckon you're pretty well over 100m from the cage.

Obviously if you get something on the wings that might cut it down to maybe 80 metres - but unfortunately, the downside of a stadium show is that I think most of us are going to end up watching it on the big screen and attending more for the atmosphere.

The next bugger though, is that I was thinking Level 2 might be a decent solution. The seats are good quality (which is good for my back injury), they're a little cheaper, and it's a decent compromise whereby you'll be able to see what's going on, albeit not intricately.

But there's a lot of corporate stuff and stadium membership on level 2, so I think that map is misrepresenting that fact a little bit.

They're on the top level, and obviously the 2nd and 3rd levels can't be moved in like the bottom level can.

I was at Etihad a couple of weeks ago for the footy and spent some time assessing this very question.

Firstly, here's a picture.

CNkq__OVEAAEKmD.jpg

I'm in about the 5th row on level 3. It's hard to guess how far between me and the boundary fence, but it wouldn't be much more than 25 metres.

Then there's 10 metres between the fence and goal, a 50m arc, probably 5m between the arc and the centre square, then half the centre square (25 metres) to the middle of the ground.

All told, from the 5th row of level 3, I reckon you're pretty well over 100m from the cage.

Obviously if you get something on the wings that might cut it down to maybe 80 metres - but unfortunately, the downside of a stadium show is that I think most of us are going to end up watching it on the big screen and attending more for the atmosphere.

The next bugger though, is that I was thinking Level 2 might be a decent solution. The seats are good quality (which is good for my back injury), they're a little cheaper, and it's a decent compromise whereby you'll be able to see what's going on, albeit not intricately.

But there's a lot of corporate stuff and stadium membership on level 2, so I think that map is misrepresenting that fact a little bit.

Cheers for this.

Which end is the screen at, out of interest?

Got mine....just gone budget P5.

Couple of gripes....
1. UFC Fight Club - advertised as $75....but then when you go to buy there was another P&H cost of aboput $13......then when I checked my CC it came up as $125! *ing USD!

2. Ticketmaster automatically chooses 'best available'.....I wanted top deck on the wing front row i.e. P4.......but it kept giving me the option of L2 behind the goals - I reckon the long edge of the stadium is too far away from the cage. I wish you could choose your own seats like you can at other venues, airfares, etc.

But hey, I'm happy to be watching UFC in Melb!

Bring on a Super Samoan war!

See this is where im confused, i signed up for fight pass to get pre sale tickets last week but still havent got my code yet

See this is where im confused, i signed up for fight pass to get pre sale tickets last week but still havent got my code yet
Fight pass or fight club?

Fight pass is the streaming service that I don't believe offers presale tickets. Fightclub offers presale if you pay a minimum of $75USD

so I don't have anypresales.. missed the boat.

what day can I get tickets?

Monday is the general sale.

If you're a ticketmaster member (which is free, it's just site registration that you have to do anyway to buy tickets) then they're also advertising a presale on Thursday.

How do my seats in B16 - Row L look? Those okay? Would B14 Row C been better? Ticketmaster recommended B16 Row L over B14 Row C....I haven't been to a UFC or Ethiad event before

Attachments

• b16.jpg
    b16.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 72

Remove this Banner Ad

Back