MMA-UFC UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs Cerrone

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
A lot of just bleed douches love their faux tough guy act.
Diaz brothers are faux tough guys? I can easily understand disliking them, but there's nothing fake about them. They're the realest in the sport.

You and your early stoppage obsession sounds a lot like a just bleed fan would sound by the way.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Diaz brothers are faux tough guys? I can easily understand disliking them, but there's nothing fake about them. They're the realest in the sport.

You and your early stoppage obsession sounds a lot like a just bleed fan would sound by the way.

I don't dislike them, but they perform a tough guy act. Apparently are very nice guys, but the whole calling someone a bitch who is willing to get in the ring professional is more than a little childish and just plain incorrect. Also it's an act that does nothing for the image of the sport. It's no coincidence there was a punch on after the Mcgregor fight at the Manhattan because that's the type of person that is attracted to the loud mouth persona.

Hardly an obsession, just disagree with how intelligently defending yourself is interpreted and they either need to change name of the rule or change how it's interpreted. I think we can all agree the sport is inconsistently refereed and little is done to mitigate that fact. Partly due to the separation between the company and the state.

Yes because rationalising it is the same as blood thirst.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
I don't dislike them, but they perform a tough guy act.

They back it up though, by getting in there and always moving forward. I could understand your perspective if they were running point fighters a la Benson Henderson, but they bring and encourage their opponent to bring the fight.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
They back it up though, by getting in there and always moving forward. I could understand your perspective if they were running point fighters a la Benson Henderson, but they bring and encourage their opponent to bring the fight.

Not fake as in they don't back it up, fake as in it is just a performance. They are simply playing the role of the local junkie who hangs out at the train station feigning punches at strangers on their way to work.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I find it funny that you're always complaining about early stoppages and never about late ones.

Didn't see this until now.

I look at it from a competitive perspective. With the level of knowledge around today, the fighters understand the risks involved going in there, no one out there is planning for complication free old age or they wouldn't be doing it. So with that in mind what I'd really be disappointed about as a fighter is an early stoppage tainting my legacy or a chance when I was still in the fight. Especially when I'm still in a position to call it myself.

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
A lot of just bleed douches love their faux tough guy act.
Faux ? You can call the Diaz bro's a lot of things but faux tough guys is not one of them. They are probably the most "fight anyone, anywhere, anytime" fighters out there. And it's no show either, they are exactly like that in their everyday life but just a mellowed down version of what you see. Just without the pre - fight intensity, obviously.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Not a fan of the Diaz borther's schtick, but these two gifs made me laugh watching them live.

ZDAhMF9.gif

4KTTIY2.gif

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Didn't see this until now.

I look at it from a competitive perspective. With the level of knowledge around today, the fighters understand the risks involved going in there, no one out there is planning for complication free old age or they wouldn't be doing it. So with that in mind what I'd really be disappointed about as a fighter is an early stoppage tainting my legacy or a chance when I was still in the fight. Especially when I'm still in a position to call it myself.
Sorry for being a bit of a dick about all this on Sunday.

I can see where you're coming from. Personally, I'd much rather see an early stoppage than a late one.

It's just that I've seen you mentioning early stoppages a fair bit and some I haven't thought were early at all. The only one I can recall well is the Werdum/Hunt stoppage. I hadn't been on BF for ages and then I came back and saw someone saying the stoppage was early. Pretty sure it was you. I thought that stoppage was perfectly fine.

Back